• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingOvertime

Why does the NHL do this?

Rate this topic

In the Rags/Isles game Prust and Gillies were given 10 min misconducts for talking before a faceoff. Just after, Dubby and Martin dropped their gloves (but not punches thrown) and the refs break them up and throw them both out.

I understand this is one team is going after another team's players, but these incidents are almost always mutual. Why does the NHL feel the need to throw these willing players out of the game?

You can get tossed in a baseball game without doing anything specific if the ump thinks you're about to spout off and make an ass of yourself. I don't know if the two situations are necessarily similar, though. You don't get the kind of heated altercations in a baseball game that you will in a hockey game. I've personally never heard of this happening before -- anytime I've seen a player get tossed in a hockey game, they've done something physical to warrant getting thrown out.

I was at the Blues/CBJ game tonight and this happened again. Dorsett and Crombeem were ready to fight, but the refs stepped in. They talked on the way back to the bench- but there was not contact- and the refs gave them both 10 minute misconducts. This kept them out for the rest of the game.

If you have a voice like Glibert Gottfried I'm sure you'd get kicked out a lot for talking.

This makes me wonder why Emerick is still announcing games. He knows his stuff, but his voice is irritating. Maybe it's because the refs don't have to listen to him.

This makes me wonder why Emerick is still announcing games. He knows his stuff, but his voice is irritating. Maybe it's because the refs don't have to listen to him.

DRIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

No clue about the talking thing, but as we know in Bull Durham, there are some "certain" words that don't exactly go over too well in games. Take it away Crash....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHZhDdcE2Iw

i don't understand it, there's been worst things done at games, players acting like idiots, hell who was it that made the sucking a d motion with his tounge to avery earlier this season? The chick who was trying to flash her **** sitting row 0, come on. If the boys gotta talk about something let them do it.