• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Rosehill vs Lucic

Rate this topic

Then people around Boston and the NHL should stop acting like he's some legit heavy. They overrate the guy to ridiculous proportions, which antagonizes some fans against him even further.

He's the Sidney Crosby of hockey fighters, which is why so many people hate him.

Ok, I'll give you that one. :D

According to some Boston fans he's the second coming of Cam Neely.

Then people around Boston and the NHL should stop acting like he's some legit heavy. They overrate the guy to ridiculous proportions, which antagonizes some fans against him even further.

He's the Sidney Crosby of hockey fighters, which is why so many people hate him.

Exactly. Lucic is a good fighter, but definitely not a legit heavyweight.

What does everyone think of Clowe? He's putting up good points and fighting some decent (but not legit heavies) people.

Exactly. Lucic is a good fighter, but definitely not a legit heavyweight.

What does everyone think of Clowe? He's putting up good points and fighting some decent (but not legit heavies) people.

Clowe is an absolute beast, if he played for an 06 team instead of out on the west coast he would get even more love then Lucic does

And this is why fighting is 100% useless and why I'm glad the Red Wings don't partake in it.

Lucic cost his team the game, instead of protecting the lead and playing smart, he chooses to fight a useless 4th liner and put his team at a disadvantage. Just a stupid decision on his part.

I broadly agree with this. When Callahan is a Wing though, I'll like the idea of Wings fighting a little more :P

I broadly agree with this. When Callahan is a Wing though, I'll like the idea of Wings fighting a little more :P

So because a guy on another team got in a fight at a bad time that means all the wings would pick bad times and cost the team the game?

Well I'm sure none of you guys who always complain about fighting were complaining when Bert sparked the team to a win

So because a guy on another team got in a fight at a bad time that means all the wings would pick bad times and cost the team the game?

Well I'm sure none of you guys who always complain about fighting were complaining when Bert sparked the team to a win

I said broadly.

I said broadly.

I was more responded to the post you quoted then yours itself.

This is more directed at Carman, you talk about how fighting plays no role in the game then go on to talk about how Lucic cost his team the game with a fight? It obviously plays a part in the game if that was what cost them.

It seems like when there is a fight that is in favor of the wings, its "Oh Bertuzzi didnt sway the momentum, it didnt actually play a role" but then when it can help you prove that fighting is dumb its "Oh yeah that fight played a huge negative outcome on the game". Which one is it?

And this is why fighting is 100% useless and why I'm glad the Red Wings don't partake in it.

Lucic cost his team the game, instead of protecting the lead and playing smart, he chooses to fight a useless 4th liner and put his team at a disadvantage. Just a stupid decision on his part.

Go watch girls hockey.

I was more responded to the post you quoted then yours itself.

This is more directed at Carman, you talk about how fighting plays no role in the game then go on to talk about how Lucic cost his team the game with a fight? It obviously

plays a part in the game if that was what cost them.

It seems like when there is a fight that is in favor of the

wings, its "Oh Bertuzzi didnt sway the momentum, it didnt actually play a role" but then when it can help you prove that fighting is dumb its "Oh yeah that fight played a huge negative outcome on the game". Which one is it?

Ok let me try and clear up my opinion. I feel the role of fighting has been drastically diminished since the implementation of the instigator rule.

I acknowledge that a fight can effect the momentum and outcome of the game. But feel that the effect would be much less on a team like the Red Wings which are built on a puck possession system. The golden rule of an enforcer is to not fight when your team is ahead, unfortunately the egos of fighters now a days don't let them follow that line of thought. Therefore I feel that the risks would far outweigh the rewards of the Red Wings involving themselves into more fights. Especially if we were to use a roster slot for a player that cannot excel in a defensive/penalty kill role.

I feel that fighting is not necessary in today's game and that it's effect on the wings winning games would be negligible and would have little impact on the very goal set forth by every wings team- to win the Stanley Cup.

Now I would support a more physical bottom six, and was disappointed with some of the options Holland did not take, but I also understand that Holland puts forth his best effort to build a championship team and feel that our current roster is good enough as is.

Edited by Carman

Ok let me try and clear up my opinion. I feel the role of fighting has been drastically diminished since the implementation of the instigator rule.

I acknowledge that a fight can effect the momentum and outcome of the game. But feel that the effect would be much less on a team like the Red Wings which are built on a puck possession system. The golden rule of an enforcer is to not fight when your team is ahead, unfortunately the egos of fighters now a days don't let them follow that line of thought. Therefore I feel that the risks would far outweigh the rewards of the Red Wings involving themselves into more fights. Especially if we would news to use a roster slot for a player that cannot excel in a defensive/penalty kill role.

I feel that fighting is not necessary in today's game and that it's effect on the wings winning games would be negligible and would have little impact on the very goal set forth by every wings team- to win the Stanley Cup.

Now I would support a more physical bottom six, and was disappointed with some of the options Holland did not take, but I also understand that Holland puts forth his best effort to build a championship team and feel that our current roster is good enough as is.

I think part of it is that people use enforcer and fighting interchangeably, when they're not the same thing. I'm not opposed to having a true enforcer in the lineup for parts of the season, but I certainly don't think it's essential. The ideal is to have guys who can play and will fight, and the Wings don't really have many of those.

Bert taking on O'Brien was a perfect example of how it can change the tone of a game. The previous game the Preds ran at the Wings all game. Over and over and over. Not just O'Brian, but Weber, and even a guy like Franson started cheapshotting guys. This game Bert went after O'Brien twice and made it clear he wasn't going to take crap from anyone. After that, Weber and O'Brien and the Preds in general were pretty tame, in spite of Abby out there hitting everything that moves.

Because the Wings play a skill, puck possession game, I think a common tactic is to basically run at them. Sure you may take a few penalties but it'll get them off their game. Having a few guys out there who will make guys answer the bell will definitely change the willingness of other teams running at guys. It takes down the game of d-bags like Ott if they have to answer for their actions.

The Kings are my second favorite team, and they have guys like Clifford, Westgarth, Simmonds, and even guys like Smyth, MItchell and Greene who will drop the gloves. The staged fights by Westgarth are lame, but overall they don't take crap from anybody. Last game against the Stars Ott started jostling with guys after the whistle, but Clifford was right there, so he ended up just hiding behind the ref and yapping.

I guess that's a long way of saying the Wings don't need a ton of it, but it'd be great if they had a couple guys who could play but could also hold their own in fights. Watching the Kings has made me miss the days when the Wings could kick your ass on the scoreboard and in a fight.

Edited by haroldsnepsts