Photo
- - - - -

Blues fan here, can I offer some perspective?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 ShakeyWalton

ShakeyWalton

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the nice responses about the Blues everybody. How fun were those days in the early and mid-90's when Detroit, Chicago, and St. Louis were all good teams that hated each other in the "Chuck" Norris Division? Kocur, Probert, Grimson, Peluso, Chase, Kimble, Twist, etc...

Rivalries have nearly gone the way of the dinosaur, and that is not right. Getting the Blues on a near even playing field with the Red Wings should boost the intensity. Wouldn't hurt if Detroit got a little tougher too. Red Wings have only 11 fighting majors this season, while the Blues have 72! Those numbers shocked me while I read them. It's pretty clear that teams don't have to fight to win, but it sure adds some excitement.

#22 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Ya. The lack of fighting gets pretty depressing sometimes.

#23 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hey guys. I just got done reading the GDT from last night's game, and wanted to make a few comments.

First off, that was obviously a great game for us Blues fans to watch. To score 10 goals against any NHL team is quite a feat, but to do it to Detroit, in Detroit nonetheless, was remarkable. I must say though, that I am rather surprised at some of the comments in the GDT thread. I never thought I would see Red Wings fans question the leadership qualities of Lidstrom, or question the toughness of Franzen. There seemed to be a ton of negativity for just 1 game. For a minute there, I thought I was reading a Blues GDT.

I can understand the irrational posts after such a blowout, but you guys get a high seed in the playoffs, while we go home again. We'll trade you if you want? We have a concussed great young player that has shown no inclination that he'll be cleared to play, a very erratic goaltending tandem, players missing practices, a drunken golf cart injury that was the beginning of the end for a #1 overall, no playoffs 5 out of 6 years, and last but certainly not least, a dirt cheap payroll from an ownership that desperately wants out.

This thread was only created so that you Red Wings fans can appreciate what you have. Talk to you later and good luck in the playoffs.

I like you.
You're welcome to stay. :D

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#24 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

Questioning the toughness of Franzen? LOFL

Starting to do so?