• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MGreenberg

Favorite Non-Wing?

Rate this topic

So is there any player not on the Wings that is a favorite player of yours or you would want to see wearing the Winged Wheel? Hate the team or not there are just some players that you have to respect.

Forward - Joe Pavelski - Of course I hate him as a Shark but I really started to like him when he played on the US team. (Honorable Mention - Kopitar)

Defenseman - Shea Weber - Big, Physical pretty much what the Wings need even if I do hate him at times. (Honorable Mention - Doughty)

Goalie - Pekka Rinne - I would love to see him come over to Detroit, he is really becoming a great netminder and he has great size and quickness. Jimmy and Joey are 6'0 while Ozzie is 5'11. Rinne is 6'5". (Honorable Mention - Lundqvist)

So who are your favorite non-Wings.

Edited by MGreenberg

Tim Thomas. He's from Flint and so am I. He's hella-fun to watch, too.

Yeah, I was going to list Thomas because he is from Michigan and played for them but I like Rinne and Lundqvist just a bit more.

Well, here's my list. I'm assuming it's only active players.

Forwards - Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, Patrice Bergeron, Ryan Callahan, Claude Giroux, Ryan Kesler, Daniel Alfredsson, Martin St. Louis

Defensemen - Same with Weber and Doughty. Also Brent Burns, Alex Pietrangelo, Andrei Markov, Robyn Regehr and Kimmo Timonen.

Goalies - Rinne as well. Cam Ward, Ondre Pavelec, Ryan Miller, Jonas Hiller, Tim Thomas.

Don't really have any absolute favorites though.

Milan Lucic, what a beast

Yep, same here. No other word for him but BEAST. Have always loved Nash's game too aside from the hit on Pav that seems to be keeping him out longer and playing for a team in Columbus. Mostly I would have to say everyone that played on Team USA for the Olympics as well. OK maybe not Kane, still hate the douchebag.

1. Kesler by far my favorite player not on the Wings unfortunately he plays for a team were going to have to beat.

2. Parise What can ya say team USA and a free agent soon

3.Giroux just loved watching him in the playoffs last year.

I know I'll catch heat for this, but Ilya Kovalchuk. He has one of the most wicked shots in the league, is a big guy and plays a little dirty when he gets pissed. Yeah, he can't really play D but I guess you have to outweigh that with his offensive skill. I was disappointed with the contract debacle at the beginning of the season, would have loved to see him end up in L.A.

Clutterbuck playing with Helm and Eaves would be ******* amazing. And that guy has the most awesome coincidental combo of name + style of play that has ever happened.

Agree with HS on Vokoun, most overlooked and underrated starter in the NHL. That's playing in Sunrise for ya, I guess. I don't think he's ever had a 'Vezina' year, but on the other hand, he's been one of or the most reliable and consistently performing goalies since the lockout.

And Enstrom is sorta like a Lidstrom-lite, wouldn't mind having another one of those on the team. Very overlooked young d-man among all the Doughtys and Keiths and Webers, at least until fairly recently. Been keeping an eye on him a long time and while I won't say he'll be the next Lidstrom, he definitely has the potential to have a very long, healthy, and consistent career.

Guest Shoreline

I find my favorite players shifting around a bit this season..

Forwards-- Milan Lucic, Mike Richards, the Sedin twins, Jarome Iginla

Defensemen-- Shea Weber, Dion Phaneuf, Zdeno Chara

Goalies-- Tim Thomas

Marian Hossa-Deal with it!

Loui Eriksson- Still vastly underrated IMO. Would fit in well with the Swedes.

David Booth-Nice guy, talented, from MI.

Ryan Kesler-Talk about nose to the grind stone. Works hard and it pays off.

Defenseman: Drew Doughty, I believe he will be the Lidstrom of his generation. That is, always clearly ahead of the other talents of his time.

Honourable Mention: Shea Weber, Erik Karlsson, Brent Burns

Forwards: Jason Spezza, #19, great personality, flashes of elite talent that he has yet to fully demonstrate

Honourable Mention: Teemu Selanne, Ryan Callahan, Loui Eriksson, Nic Backstrom, Mike Richards, Shane Doan, Daniel Alfredsson, Ilya Kovalchuk, Marian Hossa, Joe Pavelski

Goalies: Tomas Vokoun, so underrated and one of the best in the league, he could do big things with a good team IMO.

Honourable Mention: Pekka Rinne, James Reimer, Martin Biron, Antero Niittymakki

All-Time is Jeremy Roenick.

Current, Ryan Getzlaf. Can't stand him as a Duck, but would love to have him on the Wings. He'd instantly be my favorite Wing, wouldn't even have to play a game before it happened. I'd get the jersey too.

Forward: St. Louis, Gaborik... both just flat out fun to watch play. Oh, and Marleau due to a run in with his father in law at the Shark tank.

Defense: Doughty, Keith

Goalie: Miller, Thomas (MI, represent)