• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/2 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Predators 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

41589_117858079802_8597_n.jpg

Detroit_Cougars.jpgOfficial Game Day Thread

- - Today's Matchup - -

Detroit_Red_Wings.jpgVS. Nashville_Predators.jpg

Start time: 3:00 EST

Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN

5156560615_79eee5cb18.jpg

riples187e.png

det.png RED WINGS

77 GP, 44-23-10, 98 pts

Last Game: Lost to STL 10-3

nsh.png PREDATORS

76 GP, 42-26-10, 94 pts

Last Game: Defeated COL 3-2

Last DET-NSH Meeting:

3/19, DET 1 at NSH 3 Recap - LGW GDT

Highlights

riples187f.png

Goals

DET Johan Franzen: 27

NSH Sergei Kostitsyn, Patric Hornqvist: 19

Assists

DET Henrik Zetterberg: 53

NSH Ryan Suter: 34

Plus/Minus

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +12

NSH Ryan Suter: +24

----

DET Todd Bertuzzi: -8

NSH Mike Fisher: -21

PIM

DET Jonathan Ericsson: 81

NSH Shane O'Brien: 71

riples187g.png

Cleary-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Modano-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Abdelkader

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Kronwall

Kindl/Salei-Rafalski

NSH.png Projected NSH Lines

Erat-Legwand-Ward

Kostitsyn-Fisher-Hornqvist

Wilson-Geoffrion-Halischuk

Spaling-Smithson-Tootoo

Suter-Weber

Blum-Klein

Franson-O'Brien

riples187h.png

det.pngJimmy Howard

108292463_crop_340x234.jpg?1298917130

Record:

34-15-5, 2.77 GAA, .908 SV%, 2 SO

----

versus.

----

nsh.pngPekka Rinne

109458289_display_image.jpg?1301256903

Record:

31-21-8, 2.10 GAA, .929V%, 6 SO

riples187i.png

det.pngRED WINGS

Pavel Datsyuk (lower body) will not play, Chris Osgood (groin) out

----

nsh.png PREDATORS

Jordin Tootoo (undisclosed) questionable, Steve Sullivan (groin) out,

Marcel Goc (shoulder) out, Francis Bouillon (concussion) out,

Cal O'Reilly (leg) out, Matthew Lombardi (concussion) out

On Deck

MIN.png

4/3, Wild at Red Wings ; 5:00 EST

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Love the posts so far LOL.

On a serious note, I think we are going to learn a lot about where our team is with this game. Expect Nashville to show up big for this one. They're one of the teams on fire, they're gunning for us, have had success against us this year, and are sniffing that they have a very good shot at ending up in 3rd place in the conference.

I think if we come out flat and get handled again, I think we're in for real trouble. If we come out hard and take it to them and play solid defense, then hopefully that game the other night will be the turning point for this team and we can get to the Wings Hockey we all know and have come to love.

If anybody thinks that we are going to come out flat and get our asses handed to us they haven't been watching the Red Wings for very long. This is a "bounce back" game. The Wings will give 100% effort on this one. The only thing that stands in their way is Rhinne. It may be a close game but I guarantee we will see maximum effort from the Wings.

The magic number is 2. Any combination of Wings wins and Preds losses means that the Preds can't win the division. A win tomorrow will wrap this up. If Chicago wins tonight against Columbus which is likely, the magic number for them is 2 1/2 (5 points).

It won't be nearly as bad as the St Louis gmae.

Nashville 7, Detroit 2.

So even though this is a "bounce back" game you are going to be pessimistic and predict another embarrassment? Ok then...

If anybody thinks that we are going to come out flat and get our asses handed to us they haven't been watching the Red Wings for very long. This is a "bounce back" game. The Wings will give 100% effort on this one. The only thing that stands in their way is Rhinne. It may be a close game but I guarantee we will see maximum effort from the Wings.

The magic number is 2. Any combination of Wings wins and Preds losses means that the Preds can't win the division. A win tomorrow will wrap this up. If Chicago wins tonight against Columbus which is likely, the magic number for them is 2 1/2 (5 points).

So even though this is a "bounce back" game you are going to be pessimistic and predict another embarrassment? Ok then...

Chill out dude, im pretty sure it was a joke.

Chill out dude, im pretty sure it was a joke.

:thumbup: You are correct, Sir.

Of course I am still :ranting: about the lose. And of course I want them to win, but I am a bit concerned. The team started off looking like Cup favorites at the beginning of the season. It seemed as if things happened too easily for them and they thought they'd better slow down and pace themselves for a long season. That coupled with the injuries and suddenly the've lost their Mojo and can't seem to get it back.

Let's hope. Maybe it's time for Darren Helm to stand upand give a speech in the locker room. if everyone played as hard and as intense as Helmer, we wouldn't be talking about this.

Go Wings

Guest stinky fish taco

i'm thinking the preds take this one. they've pretty much manhandled the wings all season.

I think they're going to win this game. After Wednesday's game they need to prove to themselves that they are better than that.

I really don't like these early afternoon games on the weekend. Will have to record this one and watch tomorrow night.

Go Wings!!!

This will be the third sat game for me in Nashville and they better play a lot better than the 1st 2. This will be my first afternoon game though, 2pm gametime can't wait. Lets kick some ass boys!

Nashville couldnt come at a better time. And although I hope hes getting better, I'm kind of glad Datsyuk is still out because I'm anxious to see how intense the others will play. Plus if we win this, nobody can say "oh datsyuks the only thing that can save this team" it will just be a glorious Wings victory :)

Lets go RW!! show us the team we've been waiting to see!