• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/2 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Predators 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Just got back from the Dominican Republic to see the last minute and overtime...looked like it would have been a fun game to watch.

Congrats on the 11th 100 point season!!!

It was so refreshing to see all the emotion from the players today. Bertuzzi's fights, all the hits, excited after scoring goals, Babs showing emotion from the bench over the zebras. Great game all around, only 1 goal on Jimmy where it was his fault for my money. 5on3s are tough, but he battled through made huge stops in the 3rd. Hopefully it's only up from here. :clap:

After the way we were down 3-0 early, I thought it could be one of those games where we comeback, just to many bad bounces. Things even out after a while. Anyway, great game.

I have no doubts we'll be fine come playoffs. This was a first must win game in months and we played great and won!

Edited by Barrie

Gonna hang around try to get some autographs.

Good luck!

Micky saying this was a statement game and the Wings served notice. Way to have hope, Micky; cross your fingers this trend continues.

Two HUGE gillyfos for Abby today.

Good to see us get that win, but im still nervous about our playoff chances. Jimmy cant bail out the D every game. We really need to stop making horrible defensive plays both with and without the puck.

Well even with that said, HUGE WIN! LETS GO WINGS!

The reffing is atrocious. I don't know if I can handle another playoff run with the reffing we've had to deal with the past three seasons or so.

At any rate, I'm glad they won and clinched a playoff spot, but the only difference between this game and the rest of the season is that they kicked their agression way up.

I think what probably happened is that Babcock reminded each player that they needed to fill a role and not just try to score. Bertuzzi playing more physical the last two games and getting into fights is a good sign. If he recognizes he can play more physically now, that's what we need.

Very, very, very disappointed in Ericsson. Why the hell is he playing on the PK?

Great game, much needed win.

EDIT: Updated standings at NHL.com, but no clinch for the Wings? I just did the math, there's no way any team currently out of the playoffs can catch the Wings, how does that not mathematically seal the deal?

Edited by VM1138

Shut all the LGW haters up! Go Wings Baby!

Husshhhhhhh thumbup.gif

No long drawn out type post. What a win boys! That was the effort that we need to keep this thing going. Bert, way to go. Abby, unreal. Jimmy, sensational.

That is all. Way to go!!!!

Tremendous comeback effort. They shouldn't have ever been down 3 goals but couldn't get any calls or breaks. But the Wings really persevered and got the 2 points.

Amazing physical effort, finally refusing to take any s*** from the Predators. This is all most of us who like physical hockey and fighting have been asking for. Not a goon-fest, just the guys answering the rough stuff from the other team. Notice how they stopped getting pushed around by Nashville after they started sticking up for themselves? The hits from Abby and Bert's two scraps were huge. It sets a tone and then the teams can settle into playing hockey. But until that bell is answered, the cheap shots will continue to come and the team will get pushed around. Today, Detroit showed the kind of jam needed to go deep into the playoffs. It's about time.

Oh, and Jimmy Howard was a freakin' wall after that last Nashville goal.

and people said we weren't falling apart <_<

Can't agree. Even at the point you posted this, I didn't feel like they were out of the game.

Cynicism is a snap. Hope? Not so easy. I'm not just saying this to you. There are so many on this thread that just give up and let the whole world know about it.

Even if this game had ended with the Preds winning in OT I would have been very proud of the Wings' effort.