• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/2 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Predators 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Marvel at the thought of people who enjoy something, in this case, Red Wings hockey, it being a Red Wing forum and all, and the person(s) that constantly ruin it with negativity and s***ting all over it. Derp.. I just can't figure out why people might respond to your posts with hostility? :crazy:

You're right. It'd be so much better around here if everyone had the exact same opinion. Or Matt and the Mods could just delete all thread comments that don't match 'hehe pretty rainbow' Red Wings mentality. If that's really what you want, why would you come here knowing that's not what this site is like?

Apology absolutely accepted, though not necessary in my opinion. I value everyone's opinion on this board, whether or not they agree with me. In fact, I come here to read them.

The Wing just suck defensively right now, and that really bother me. A lot. If we hadn't started the season hot, we wouldn't have made the playoffs this year.

:beerbuddy:

You made my morning. :satisfied:

Now dammit, GO Wings!! Keep up the good work!!

Edited by Vladifan

Guest Shoreline

You're right. It'd be so much better around here if everyone had the exact same opinion. Or Matt and the Mods could just delete all thread comments that don't match 'hehe pretty rainbow' Red Wings mentality. If that's really what you want, why would you come here knowing that's not what this site is like?

Mmmhmm, pretty rainbow mentality.. that covers approximately 0 posters here.

Gotta be one extreme or the other doesn't it? Wonder why it's adequately referred to as bi-polar? There ya go.

Edited by Shoreline

Gotta be one extreme or the other doesn't it? Wonder why it's adequately referred to as bi-polar? There ya go.

Not gonna deny it. Extremely bi-polar and spoiled when it comes to the Wings. I know what they can do. I expect >40 goal differential and a GAA of <2.25 for our starter.

Awesome comeback! Check out O'Briens comments on Abby on a Nashville news site:

Link

I came here to post that link but you beat me to it.

This game was Exhibit A for what standing up to physical play can mean to a team. The Wings came out and punched Nashville in the mouth first. They initiated the rough stuff and answered anything Nashville came at them with. The Bertuzzi fights, the big hits, the responses after the whistle... Detroit did all of it and they won the game. By the time the 3rd period came around, guys like Weber and Erat weren't making noise and running around anymore. The Wings stood up for themselves and the two teams settled into playing hockey.

O'Brien is absolutely right, by the way. The presence of a guy like Tootoo would have made a difference.

This game was quite a significant one. We might see them in the first round depending on how the chips fall. This was one of the teams that I didn't want to meet in round 1 but now, I'm not that worried. Don't get me wrong, we won't sweep but with a bit of tenacity, we can do the rest of the Western Conference teams a favour and take down the Preds.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Salei was terrible last night. I have never seen such a veteran dman make so many stupid plays. Defensively, I think the first two pairings will be fine playoff time, but the final pairing, whether it consists of Ericcson with Salei/Kindl really scares me. Teams will be able to exploit that pairing unfortunately.

Salei was terrible last night. I have never seen such a veteran dman make so many stupid plays. Defensively, I think the first two pairings will be fine playoff time, but the final pairing, whether it consists of Ericcson with Salei/Kindl really scares me. Teams will be able to exploit that pairing unfortunately.

Yup, Ericsson sucks donkey.