Photo
- - - - -

4/2 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Predators 3 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
759 replies to this topic

#241 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

At least the Wings are playing with intensity and a purpose.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#242 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

The NHL is a joke. Sad but im starting to lose interest in my favorite sport.
Every game that goes by that we see more of this s***, I start to care less and less. Not just against the Wings (although thats been a bit of a trend) but in general. This has to change
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#243 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

We as a collective should stop being bothered by refsf****** up calls. It happens all the time, we should be used to it by now. It's like complaining about the fact it snows in winter. Well, duh.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#244 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Well, the Wings now see which way the wind is blowing and will have to adjust their game accordingly in the second. Play physical, but play smart; don't give the refs an excuse.

Dude, the refs don't need an excuse. How long you been watching the NHL? They will just call something if they want to. It can be blatently not a penalty and they'll call it.

It's sof****** aggravating. And I am not just saying that becuase I'm a wings fan. They do that with all teams. The refs deliberately don't call things sometimes, whethere it's because they think they are calling too many penalties or whatever reason. In my opinion the league needs to make the refs as OBJECTIVE as possible. You see it, YOU CALL IT.

Unbelievable.

The wings are playing very well. I hope they continue to take it to Nashville. We'll win if we keep that play up.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#245 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

I thought the Wings did good. They actually played physically. Ericsson only had two terrible giveaways, which is a new record low for him for a period.

The Homlstrom wave-off+penalty was bulls***. We've seen people SIT ON TOP OF HOWARD, INJURE HIM, ANDf****** SCORE WHILE ON TOP OF HIM and have the goal count.

Yes, Holmstrom made some contact with the goalie, but the goalie made contact first.

The "boarding" penalty was bulls***, Erat 1) had the puck 2) wasn't facing the boards 3) was facing the man checking him but had his head down

The Wings needs to just keep on doing what they're doing. If the refs continue to screw them over there's just nothing they can do, you can't control a jobbing by the refs.

#246 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Wings playing over aggressive and it's back firing.

The no goal call was legit
Their goal was legit

Wings need to lower their emotions just a little bit so it doesn't get the better of them which it currently is IMO.

#247 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

And the NHL wonders why they're 4th out of the 4 major sports leagues?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#248 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

The NHL is a joke. Sad but im starting to lose interest in my favorite sport.
Every game that goes by that we see more of this s***, I start to care less and less. Not just against the Wings (although thats been a bit of a trend) but in general. This has to change

I feel the exact same way.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#249 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Where's jollymania? I wanna see that hit by Abby again, bout time he started playing physical :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#250 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Maybe the Refs should go get there eyes checked by Dr. Rahmani.

#251 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

What a frustrating last 3 months this has been.

#252 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

Wings playing over aggressive and it's back firing.

The no goal call was legit
Their goal was legit

Wings need to lower their emotions just a little bit so it doesn't get the better of them which it currently is IMO.

I disagree.

If you want to argue the non-goal that's cool.

But I don't think they're being overly aggressive. I love it, and I think they need to keep it up. We got scored on because of an unfortunate 5 on 3 (no gripe on that, the ref had to call that 2nd penalty, more annoyed with the first penalty).

I LOVE this out of the wings. We usually see this kind of play only in the playoffs when they're on.

We'll be ok if we keep this up.

#253 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

The abby call was the only questionable one this period, right? The replay clearly showed homer elbowing rinne - I'm assuming that's why the refs called it. How else have the refs screwed us this period besides the abby call?

#254 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Maybe the Refs should go get there eyes checked by Dr. Rahmani.

Maybe the league should do the intelligent thing and either re-train them or fire them and replace them with more competent beings.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#255 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

I still can't believe Lupul's goal last Saturday, when he sat on Howard, was ok, and our's was called back.

Yup, it is sad. It'd be fun to play the two goals side by side and ask ourselves "Which one of these goals was called back for goaltender interference and also got issued a penalty?"

#256 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

No their goal was not legit. There should never have been a 5 on 3 penalty because Abby's hit was completely clean. The reffing in this league DISGUSTS me. Do yourself a favor and watch how many dirty hits the Preds get away with against the Wings, meanwhile the Wings get a penalty for everything they do and get a legit goal called off. The refs are the only reason the score is not 1-0 Wings after one period. Pathetic.

#257 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Why this why that?

We are playing like we care. Refs took a goal away, let's move on here folks. Abby is the best player on the ice so far for us. I love him again :lol:

Better 2nd boys. Get it goin!!!!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#258 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

This league disgusts me. A good goal waived off, and then call a penalty. And Abby throws a clean check, WITH THE PUCK THERE and gets a penalty. It's bulls***, that was probably the best period of hockey the Wings have played all year, and that's what we get.

In 2006, I watched the NBA become a joke as the Miami Heat were handed the title over Dallas by the officials. I haven't taken the outcome of an NBA game seriously since, and that was long before the Tim Donaghy scandal broke.

As I've said before, I'm beginning to feel the same way about the NHL. The league clearly mindf***s officiating to death. They seem to overreact to criticism and legislate "corrective" action that swings the pendulum too far the other way. Holmstrom plays on the edge in front of the goalie? Send a video to the officials and tell them to watch him extra-closely. Stats on prominent internet hockey forums show Detroit gets an edge in penalties for/against at home? Start "evening things out" at the Joe, even if the disparity is a reflection of Detroit outplaying its opponents and forcing opponents to take more penalties.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#259 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

I don't have a problem with Abby's hit on Erat being called a penalty. I don't want opposing players to hit our guys like that. Those kind of hits can end careers.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#260 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Well, the Wings now see which way the wind is blowing and will have to adjust their game accordingly in the second. Play physical, but play smart; don't give the refs an excuse.

Aye. Avoid all clean hits.