• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Broken 16

Core Pt.2

Rate this topic

Haha. The funny thing is, its a Canadian team too, soon they're blind, rabid support may end up sounding even more rediculous than Chicago's. It probably won't just be about being better than the Wings, but how they're better than America and all its teams.

I hate Canada's arrogance, especially in regards to hockey. I was watching CBC the other day and they claimed the Gretzky's C stood for cooperation, that cooperation was an inherintly Canadian value and was essentially invented by them. I hate how CBC's intro just shows clips from he Canadian teams. If you suppossed own the game, why don't you support all the teams?

i visit the canucks forum from time to time and i kind of like those guys :cool:

unlike the calgary message board. it makes my head hurt and eyes bleed. i swear they act like a bunch of 12 year olds. its ridiculous.

CBC is canadian, and they want to support the canadian teams. And if im not mistaken is half owned by the canadian government. I doubt FS detroit talks about the canadian teams as much as CBC talks about the American teams.

Haha. The funny thing is, its a Canadian team too, soon they're blind, rabid support may end up sounding even more rediculous than Chicago's. It probably won't just be about being better than the Wings, but how they're better than America and all its teams.

I hate Canada's arrogance, especially in regards to hockey. I was watching CBC the other day and they claimed the Gretzky's C stood for cooperation, that cooperation was an inherintly Canadian value and was essentially invented by them. I hate how CBC's intro just shows clips from he Canadian teams. If you suppossed own the game, why don't you support all the teams?

I make half the musical intros for HNIC. I definitely don't think there is a bias towards Canadian teams. It's just that a majority of teams playing on any given Hockey Night In Canada are Canadian and we generally try to include clips featuring the competing teams. My producer (MacLean) does all the narrative.

Guest CaliWingsNut

CBC is canadian, and they want to support the canadian teams. And if im not mistaken is half owned by the canadian government. I doubt FS detroit talks about the canadian teams as much as CBC talks about the American teams.

Yeah, because comparing a local station with bias for the Detroit team is a fair comparison to a international broadcaster...

There's 6 Canadian teams outta 30. If CBC didn't spend a lot of time talking about American teams they could never claim to be unbiased.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

How many Canadian teams do you see featured on NBC or the Winter Classic?

Good grief. People bitching about Canadian TV talking about Canadian teams.

Vancouver does have a great core. So does Chicago. If Vancouver pays as much attention to the rest of the team like Chicago did....well we know how their year has gone.:D

If the playoffs start based on the current standings, Vancouver has to figure a way to beat Chicago; as of late, this is something they have shown they can't do.

Ya. That's why I kinda hope the Hawks squeak in. That would be an amazing series.

With the exception of Calgary, you have the think every other team in their division is capable of bettering themselves with another year of experience. A least Edmonton and Colorado won't be the pushovers they were this year.

With the exception of Calgary, you have the think every other team in their division is capable of bettering themselves with another year of experience. A least Edmonton and Colorado won't be the pushovers they were this year.

Ya. I'm actually really anxious to watch Vancouver this season in the playoffs. I really like that team a lot. If the Wings lose, I'm definitely hoping for Vancouver.

Pull for Vancouver.

Pull for Chicago.

Please pick one.

That's easy...

Vancouver. In terms of manpower and who's on the team, Vancouver by a landslide. I know the Wings would probably handle the Hawks a lot easier, but still.

Edited by Broken 16

:lol: Could the chip on your shoulder be any bigger? I don't think so. But enjoy loudly arguing with straw men nevertheless.

I doubt it. Edmonton's been in rebuilding mode for years (see: St. Louis Blues). Colorado got worse when they traded two key players for one.

Canada, as a whole, is generally arrogant when it comes to hockey. The "You can't win without Canadians" attitude, the "We own the game" attitude, the "Canadians are more naturally skilled hockey than every other country" s***.

A great majority of the most highly skilled players I've ever seen play are not Canadian. Having better access to training facilities doesn't make one more naturally skilled. Who knows what someone like Housley or LaFontaine could have done with better hockey programs at a younger age?

As for the CBC and HNIC...there is absolutely a bias. Of course it is understandable, it's a Canadian station. But it's a neutral station and is not supposed to display a bias. Simply having Cherry on exudes bias, let alone the undertones of the rest of the on-air broadcast team.

And before the "Well, bias happens on American stations too!" when have you seen NBC or Versus display bias in favor of American teams? They don't. Local networks are one thing; they are broadcasting to a specific group from a certain point of view. National networks, like CBC and NBC, are sending the same broadcast to the entire nation so giving the "us vs. them" point of view that local networks do, and CBC sometimes does, is unacceptable.

CBC/HNIC is Canadian programming aimed at Canadians, funded by Canadian taxpayer money and has been broadcasting hockey coast-to-coast in Canada since 1952. Those of you arguing about CBC having a Canadian bias are borderline retarded.

Just to be clear, we're all operating on the understanding that CBC stands for Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, right?

And before the "Well, bias happens on American stations too!" when have you seen NBC or Versus display bias in favor of American teams? They don't.

I literally cannot remember the last time I saw a Canadian team playing on the NHL on NBC. I don't even know if I've ever seen it in my life.

Edited by Yellowknife Redwing

Respectfully disagree re: Oilers. If they get any kind of veteran presence around Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, they'll have little problem scoring goals.

On d, Whitney was having a really good, Norris-type year before going down with an ankle. They have solid prospects like Teubert and Plante. very close to NHL-ready, waiting for a chance.

There's pieces there (finally, and they have $20 million in cap room with six spots needed to fill - and that's not including Horcoff's awful contract.

I'm no saying they'll get 95 points or something, but there's a good possibility they'll get 75-80 points.

that sounds like Canada talk to me.. :ph34r:

For those of us who don't get either CBC or TSN unless it's some freak mistake by the NHL network or Versus, this subject is pretty much academic. I'd LOVE to be able to enjoy them or ***** about 'em! :)

it's a little unfair for you to generalize like that. and in the intro, lemieux, a canadian playing for an american team, has the signature through the feet goal against the stars. in defence of CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation...by the way) they are required to have Canadian content, unfortunately that includes our bad music.

also, i'm Canadian and my favorite teams are Detroit, Chicago and Boston. i don't even really like any of the Canadian teams. Canadian players are a different story, but even still, my favorite players are Swedish and Russian...

Guest mjtm77

when the wings play the respect they give. Cherry always talks about boston and tampa.............. guesse there not american teams??? thats beside the point Canadien hockey is more popular I dont really like that.I get sick of seeing toronto every saturday but hey its hockey night in canada not hockey night in north america.