• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

CBC is canadian, and they want to support the canadian teams. And if im not mistaken is half owned by the canadian government. I doubt FS detroit talks about the canadian teams as much as CBC talks about the American teams.

that sounds like Canada talk to me.. :ph34r:
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#22 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

For those of us who don't get either CBC or TSN unless it's some freak mistake by the NHL network or Versus, this subject is pretty much academic. I'd LOVE to be able to enjoy them or ***** about 'em! :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#23 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Haha. The funny thing is, its a Canadian team too, soon they're blind, rabid support may end up sounding even more rediculous than Chicago's. It probably won't just be about being better than the Wings, but how they're better than America and all its teams.

I hate Canada's arrogance, especially in regards to hockey. I was watching CBC the other day and they claimed the Gretzky's C stood for cooperation, that cooperation was an inherintly Canadian value and was essentially invented by them. I hate how CBC's intro just shows clips from he Canadian teams. If you suppossed own the game, why don't you support all the teams?

it's a little unfair for you to generalize like that. and in the intro, lemieux, a canadian playing for an american team, has the signature through the feet goal against the stars. in defence of CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation...by the way) they are required to have Canadian content, unfortunately that includes our bad music.

also, i'm Canadian and my favorite teams are Detroit, Chicago and Boston. i don't even really like any of the Canadian teams. Canadian players are a different story, but even still, my favorite players are Swedish and Russian...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#24 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Haha. The funny thing is, its a Canadian team too, soon they're blind, rabid support may end up sounding even more rediculous than Chicago's. It probably won't just be about being better than the Wings, but how they're better than America and all its teams.

I hate Canada's arrogance, especially in regards to hockey. I was watching CBC the other day and they claimed the Gretzky's C stood for cooperation, that cooperation was an inherintly Canadian value and was essentially invented by them. I hate how CBC's intro just shows clips from he Canadian teams. If you suppossed own the game, why don't you support all the teams?

when the wings play the respect they give. Cherry always talks about boston and tampa.............. guesse there not american teams??? thats beside the point Canadien hockey is more popular I dont really like that.I get sick of seeing toronto every saturday but hey its hockey night in canada not hockey night in north america.
Posted Image

#25 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

I like the Canucks and a good portion of their fans...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".