• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#281 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

You shouldn't have included that 2007 Anaheim team.

That was a really good team.

The are the Ducks, and we hate them, so they can't possibly be a good team.

You should know better.

Posted Image

#282 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

The are the Ducks, and we hate them, so they can't possibly be a good team.

You should know better.

Yeah seriously, GMR. Shape up!

Oh, man. If I'm a Wild fan, I'm pretty pissed off that never goes to replay. There was no conclusive replay the Detroit feed could use to show the puck crossed the line.

Yeah I wasn't sure that one was in either... :unsure:

#283 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

It's hard to get up to play Minnesota because it's always so boring, so it's a hard game to judge, but they looked good out there. Kindl was really playing his ass off, which is a good sign. Here's to a great finish to the season and a stellar playoff run!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#284 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

del

Edited by Crymson, 03 April 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#285 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

del

:lol:

You don't have to hide from me. I won't bite. :hehe:

Posted Image

#286 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

Someone give Flip some tampons. This guy just does not want to muck it up in the corners when needed.

#287 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

Just got back from the game. Overall solid. They just won this one by pure skill. Great to see Datsyuk back in there.

#288 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

Proud of our boys for yet another successful regular season. Now a new season awaits them... time to turn things up a notch next week. Wonder if they'd be better off with #3 or #2.

Edited by Shoreline, 03 April 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#289 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

Proud of our boys for yet another successful regular season. Now a new season awaits them... time to turn things up a notch next week. Wonder if they'd be better off with #3 or #2.

Depends on where Nashville finishes, haha. Those games are too close for my liking.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#290 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

The dreaded second seeeeeeed.... :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

#291 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

Howard with yet another outstanding game. Robbed on the first goal.

I'd love to see Flip and Helm the same line, mainly because Homer is a detriment when he is not on the PP.

Hopefully this gets Franzen going.

Zata looked awesome, as did Abby.

Kindl/Big E > Salei. But we all know vets > youngins in the playoffs.

Next game is going to suck, I've heard all around that the NHL is doing their damndest to get the 'Canes into the playoffs.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#292 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

Kindl/Big E > Salei. But we all know vets > youngins in the playoffs.

You must be drunk. Big E is not better than anyone on this team.

#293 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:08 AM

Regarding the Franzen goal, if that went to replay, it still would have counted, as there's no conclusive evidence that the puck didn't cross the line. When reviewing a goal that's ruled on ice as a good goal, there has to be conclusive evidence that the puck never went in, not evidence that the puck was indeed in (that's the evidence needed if it's called no goal on the ice). My guess is that with the angle the official had, he was able to spot the puck between Theodore's legs. Either that, or he was making an assumption, which would explain the no goals against us as well.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#294 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

Regarding the Franzen goal, if that went to replay, it still would have counted, as there's no conclusive evidence that the puck didn't cross the line. When reviewing a goal that's ruled on ice as a good goal, there has to be conclusive evidence that the puck never went in, not evidence that the puck was indeed in (that's the evidence needed if it's called no goal on the ice). My guess is that with the angle the official had, he was able to spot the puck between Theodore's legs. Either that, or he was making an assumption, which would explain the no goals against us as well.

Who was the official who made the call? We need more him and less Watson, O'Halloran, etc.

#295 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:33 AM

#296 Finnish fanatic DRW fan

Finnish fanatic DRW fan

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

Hockey's best hands is back (Datsyuk) and he played well too. Can't wait when playoffs start. Let's go red wings !!

#297 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

Someone give Flip some tampons. This guy just does not want to muck it up in the corners when needed.

Ooh, that's a good one. Ha ha.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#298 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

Great to see Dats back on the ice again, and Mule scoring :thumbup:
IPB Image

#299 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

Good W. Glad we didn't take our foot off the gas and have that "letdown" type game and especially at home. Helm keeps impressing and the Bert-Abby-Mule line is a playoff style line if I've ever seen. We aren't too far away, boys.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#300 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

You must be drunk. Big E is not better than anyone on this team.

Ericsson logged more icetime last night than any other defenseman. He played over 21 minutes and had a really solid game. Honestly one of the best he's had this season probably.