• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Team MVP?

Rate this topic

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see the argument for Zetterberg, if he hadn't been able to carry the team with Datsyuk out they'd be dead in the water. However, Datsyuk has just been amazing and integral to our success. It's amazing how the team goes from unsure of themselves to dominance.

I honestly don't think Lidstrom has been MVP. I don't want to speak ill of him, but to outsiders it appears as if his leadership was lacking a bit. He's having a great year, no doubt, but nobody has carried this team like Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Helm should also be an honorable mention, but he's not MVP because he hasn't carried the team. The way he's so hard working and consistently making things happen out there makes me want to give him MVP, though.

The Wings slipped to third in the conference, and lacked a lot of creativity wihth the puck, in the weeks without Datsyuk. That ought to tell you something.

Yeah, it tells us all "Replacing an elite talent with a fourth-liner will make your team less effective."

Say the Wings keep the current roster next year, save for Lidstrom due to retirement, and Meech is named the 7th defenseman... how do you think that would work out in the standings? Division champs? Top 4? Top 8? Bottom-feeder? Datsyuk being out is big, but it's not like all of the other Wings are just sitting there saying "Hey Pav, go do something." as you make it. And having a top center like Datsyuk out is a HUGE blow to a team, whether he is their MVP or not. Having Lids or Z out for that much would have been just as bad.

Between Z, Dats and Lids it's very close.

But Dats has missed a few too many games. And our defense has been pretty bad, I think even Lids has been less than amazing defensively on many nights which his +/- indicates.

Z however has been carrying a heavy burden when Pav has been out, and most of the time he has done a great job.

So I voted for Z. Even though I think Pavel has been our best player, when he has been able to play.

It has to be Pash but to not even list Helm is a bit of a joke. He gets honorable mention but as most have said, this is just a totally different team when 13 is out there. At one point he was probably vying for the Hart before the injuries. Definitely Datsyuk with some kudos to Helm, Z, and Nick.

After much deliberation

Zetterberg. I just think he was one of the rocks this season (HM, Lidstrom). Had a very impressive but under the radar regular season and picked up the slack where he needed to. Maybe to a fault.

Edited by Broken 16

I am going to have to change it up. Hank has been simply spectacular without Pav and shouldering the offensive load. Some of his performances are just mind boggling and not on the stat sheet either. He is just as dogged on the puck as I have ever seen him and that isn't even to make the excuse (which "I will right now) about his back issues too. Just a great season for Hank this year, my boy blue!!! thumbup.gif Might get a vote or 2 for the Hart too, ya never know.

Voted Zetterberg. He carried us while Datsyuk was injured.

i voted Z. not cause he's my favorite player, as Dats is up there a hair beneath him for favorite, but because Z's been the backbone of this team. he hasn't missed a game all year, and he's been responsible to carry the load with massive amounts of injuries to the others. Dats missed 25, cleary missed a bunch, stuart missed weeks....the list continues. and Z is 1 over a point a game in a very trying season. lids has also been great, but Z has been driving hard all year doing everything from PP to PK. i really hope he gets his 2nd wind come playoff time cause he's been going so hard this year. he'd look great with another conn smythe to accompany his playoff beard. though i'd really like to see Dats or Helm win the conn smythe. yes...Helm!

I know people are giving Dats a lot of votes (which is hardly a bad choice) because of how the team performed when he was out. The thing is, this team has almost never been without Lidstrom for any significant stretc, which is pretty amazing, and also why it's hard to get the impact of how they'd be without him. I think you have to go back to 2008 when he had the knee sprain.

There is no question for me that the best player has been Datsyuk, but I pretty much disqualified him for MVP voting simply because he's missed 26 games. That's way too many games and in my mind, he can't even be considered.

I voted for Lids.

For me it has to be between Lids and Z. Datsyuk has been the wings best player for sure but as already mentioned, 26 games is too much for me to vote him being this years MVP.

I voted the captain, Lidstrom

Edited by hak

There is no question for me that the best player has been Datsyuk, but I pretty much disqualified him for MVP voting simply because he's missed 26 games. That's way too many games and in my mind, he can't even be considered.

I voted for Lids.

Holy crap. I didn't realize Dats had missed 26 games!