• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

If there was one F/D/G you could add to the team, who would it be?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

*I realize that this thread is pretty similar to the "favorite non-wing" thread...but it's different in the sense that we're talking about who would be the best fit on this current red wings team. for instance, stamkos is probably my favorite non-red wing forward right now, but i don't really think that another skilled (and undersized) center is our biggest need.

me...

F: R. Nash - I feel like we have more than enough skilled defensive players, and four good centers in Pav, Hank, Flip, Helm (not to mention Modano or Abdelkader), so I was really just looking for incredibly talented wingers that can put the puck in the net here. Came down to Rick Nash and Ovie for me. I went with Nash b/c there's a lot I don't like about Ovie's general attitude.

D: S. Weber - One of the best slapshots in the game. Big, physical, sound (although not spectacular) defensively, and young to boot. D. Doughty stirs a bit of a debate for me, because he's soo young, a little bit better defensively, and would really fit into our puck-possession style. But I'm sticking with Weber due to the physical assets he brings to the table. Duncan Keith is probably third.

G: R. Miller - Miller's not as young as these other two, but in a playoff series, if I could pick one player to have on my team, no question, it'd be Ryan Miller. Watched him very closely in the Olympics last year and fell in love with him. Lundqvist is a bit younger, but not enough to make up for the difference in skill. I thought a little bit about some of the even younger guys - Fleury, Ward, Price, Quick, Rinne, etc. - but I couldn't pull the trigger.

Edited by blueadams

Forward : Crosby, this would just lead to the best top 6 in the league and plenty of centers to cover down, allowing Flip to play the 3rd line role.

Defenseman: Would be Brent Burns, gives a good physical game with a bomb of a shot, would be a really nice pair with him and Rafalski.

Goalie: Fleury, young consistent and the ability to absolutely steal series in the playoffs. Nothing else I'd want in a goalie.

Guest blueadams

hossa.jpg

I actually went with Nash, in part, because he's kind of like a younger Hossa in many ways. Not as good defensively, and not as great of a shot, but a much better play-maker...which makes me think that him and Pav together would be almost like a Mario/Jagr or Gretzky/Kurri combo.

Forward : Crosby, this would just lead to the best top 6 in the league and plenty of centers to cover down, allowing Flip to play the 3rd line role.

Defenseman: Would be Brent Burns, gives a good physical game with a bomb of a shot, would be a really nice pair with him and Rafalski.

Goalie: Fleury, young consistent and the ability to absolutely steal series in the playoffs. Nothing else I'd want in a goalie.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to Fleury as 'consistent'. Please explain, if you will.

Forward:

450x.jpg

Defense:

47551df544ee9e54b1680edf09f7.jpeg

Goaltender:

9036837-large.jpg

of all the forwards in the game that could take us to the next level, danny briere? really? why?

Forward - Nash would be my first choice. My other thought that's been floating around my head for a while is Dustin Brown. Now, I know some Kings fans aren't enthralled with him because he hasn't turned out to be a 40 goal scorer or the biggest star on the team, but I like how hard he plays. I think we could use that kind of guts and physicality on the team. I wouldn't take him over Nash, of course, but I've been thinking about it for a while and wanted to get it out of my system. Whaddya think - am I nuts?

Defense - Webaaaarrrrrrrr!!!

Goalie - Lundqvist. Sure wouldn't say no to Miller, though.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to Fleury as 'consistent'. Please explain, if you will.

Watching him play I notice he rarely makes a mistake. A lot of the inconsistency people point to is actually the team in front of him.

He has outstanding rebound control, and is fantastic in one on one situations. He shrugs off goals really well, and has a very good attitude for a goalie.

The only draw back would be his contract for me, and that wasn't in the criteria so that's my pick. There are good options though, Quick, Bryzgalov, Hiller, Price and Rinne. I'm hesitant on Rinne as I really feel that his system really plays to his style, I'm not sure he would do as well on another team.

Edited by Carman

Forward: Steven Stamkos: He is one of the best offensive forwards in the game. I thought about Crosby and Ovechkin but both of them are too high profile. I would prefer they stay where they have carved out identities, because of the smaller market Stamkos coming to the Wings doesn't seem as unnatural. I also thought about Skinner but he is still too unproven.

Defense: Drew Doughty: This was a tough call, but his age and the ability to mold him into Lidstrom 2.0 while playing a year or two with him tipped the scale vs Weber.

Goalie: Bryzgalov: I think he is as good as any goalie in the league and he knows what it takes to win from being on the Ducks team. He would be a great complement to Jimmy.

Defenseman: Would be Brent Burns, gives a good physical game with a bomb of a shot, would be a really nice pair with him and instead of Rafalski.

I'm surprised you didn't say Letang for defenseman.

Burns is one of my favorite defenseman, but would you really pair him with another righty?

My other thought that's been floating around my head for a while is Dustin Brown. Now, I know some Kings fans aren't enthralled with him because he hasn't turned out to be a 40 goal scorer or the biggest star on the team, but I like how hard he plays. I think we could use that kind of guts and physicality on the team. Whaddya think - am I nuts?

No way, absolutely one of my players. Brown's the definition of 'gritty hockey'.

As for the topic though, I would choose Claude Giroux, Drew Doughty and Pekka Rinne.

I'm surprised you didn't say Letang for defenseman.

Burns is one of my favorite defenseman, but would you really pair him with another righty?

Eh, Solid point, guess he'd manage to do well with Kronwall/Lidstrom either way :lol:

Guest CaliWingsNut

ho_AAIK046_8x10%7ERyan-Getzlaf-Posters.jpg

C4S_Hedman062909_74083c.jpg

henrik-lundqvist-crossed-pads.jpg

of all the forwards in the game that could take us to the next level, danny briere? really? why?

67 points, +18, 87pim

Forward: Crosby. Because he's the best player in the game. And just to watch LGW explode. Toews would be good too.

Defenseman: Shea Weber. Big, talented, plays with some edge. Booming slapshot. Doughty a close second. He's more talented but has still got a little growing up to do, and I like the sandpaper that Weber brings.

Goalie: probably Lundqvist. Miller a close second. Vokoun if we're only talking about a season or two.

Watching him play I notice he rarely makes a mistake. A lot of the inconsistency people point to is actually the team in front of him.

He has outstanding rebound control, and is fantastic in one on one situations. He shrugs off goals really well, and has a very good attitude for a goalie.

The only draw back would be his contract for me, and that wasn't in the criteria so that's my pick. There are good options though, Quick, Bryzgalov, Hiller, Price and Rinne. I'm hesitant on Rinne as I really feel that his system really plays to his style, I'm not sure he would do as well on another team.

He's young and very talented, so I can understand picking him. But consistency is not one of his strengths yet.

No way, absolutely one of my players. Brown's the definition of 'gritty hockey'.

Brown's fun to watch. Hits anything that moves, not afraid to go to the tough areas of the ice. My only real criticism of him would be his diving. He doesn't do it as often as some fans of other teams would make it sound, but he definitely does it.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Lots of great choices, I think almost everyone agrees that on defense it's either Weber or Doughtey.

I like the idea of Toews, Kovalchuk and Hossa at forward although Hossa and Kovalchuk are a little older than I'd like.

Forward - Perry maybe? Put him with Datsyuk and watch them light it up. Loooch wouldnt be bad either I must say.

Defense - Weber. He sets the tone for games with his physicality and is just a good young defender.

Goalie - King Henrik is pretty good for the Rags, Carey Price is my choice though because of age and he has some swagger

Guest mjtm77

I know there is the obvious Crosby, Weber, Miller but ill go with my favorites

Lucic

Schenn

Price