• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Heaten

Playoff Standings Prediction thread

Rate this topic

Chicago plays: Montreal tonight; the Blues Wed.; Us, Friday and Sunday.

San Jose plays: Anaheim Wed.; Phoenix Fri. and Sat.

Preds play: Atlanta tonight; Columbus, Fri.; and St. Louis, Sat.

Coyotes play: LA, Wed.; and SJ on Fri. and Sat.

From the looks of these lineups, Preds have the easiest schedule.

But what it all means I have NO idea. Except that if the Wings are on and focused, they can beat anyone. :deal:

I wouldn't completely count out Dallas. They have 2 against Colorado and finish at Minnesota. They also win a head-to-head tiebreaker against Chicago if they tie in wins. (With the win tonight, they're one win and two points back, so definitely feasible.)

Calgary has pretty much no chance. 95 points max and they can't win a tiebreaker against anyone.

Anaheim wins every potential tiebreaker, they just need a few points.

LA is a practical lock. They play Phoenix, then 2 against Anaheim. Those three games produce 35 possible point combinations for those three teams. LA makes the playoffs in 33 of them. They also clinch if Dallas loses a game (as do Anaheim and Phoenix).

Nashville is all but locked with their win tonight. They'd need to lose both remaining games, have Dallas win out (all in regulation/OT) and have Chicago and Anaheim both gain at least 4 of 6 points (with Chicago needing at least one Reg/OT win or 5 points).

I think SJ is on a mission to stay ahead of us, and I don't think we care enough.

So I'll say:

Van

SJ

Det

LA

Nas (maybe flipped with LA)

Phx

Chi

Ana

Edited by Buppy

I wouldn't completely count out Dallas. They have 2 against Colorado and finish at Minnesota. They also win a head-to-head tiebreaker against Chicago if they tie in wins. (With the win tonight, they're one win and two points back, so definitely feasible.)

Calgary has pretty much no chance. 95 points max and they can't win a tiebreaker against anyone.

Anaheim wins every potential tiebreaker, they just need a few points.

LA is a practical lock. They play Phoenix, then 2 against Anaheim. Those three games produce 35 possible point combinations for those three teams. LA makes the playoffs in 33 of them. They also clinch if Dallas loses a game (as do Anaheim and Phoenix).

Nashville is all but locked with their win tonight. They'd need to lose both remaining games, have Dallas win out (all in regulation/OT) and have Chicago and Anaheim both gain at least 4 of 6 points (with Chicago needing at least one Reg/OT win or 5 points).

I think SJ is on a mission to stay ahead of us, and I don't think we care enough.

So I'll say:

Van

SJ

Det

LA

Nas (maybe flipped with LA)

Phx

Chi

Ana

I wouldn't mind at all if Dallas won out. It would certainly affect Chicago's chances, which is just fine by me. :P Also, Anaheim plays the Kings twice and San Jose once, so it doesn't look like easy pickin's for them. It's gonna be fun watching all this play out. I still say if the Wings play focused and the way we know they can, "we" can pull this off!

also i can't wait til the photoshop begins :)

^This, I always have fun with the photoshop wars, especially since there are some very creative and talented people on this board.

Also, I hope that the Wings do keep Chicago out of the playoffs, that would be the perfect revenge and would really put all of the bandwagon 'Hawkeytown' :puke: fans in their place, "Detroit Sucks", yeah, well we just eliminated your sorry selves before you even got a chance to defend your title, enjoy the next 49 years.

Guest Heaten

From a fan point of view, I am really not looking forward to a Red Wings/Coyotes rematch. Seriously, I just don't want to hear Doc Emrick talk about last year and try to hype it up for this year...

I think new blood would be funner to watch imo. Bring on LA Kings, please.

From a fan point of view, I am really not looking forward to a Red Wings/Coyotes rematch. Seriously, I just don't want to hear Doc Emrick talk about last year and try to hype it up for this year...

I think new blood would be funner to watch imo. Bring on LA Kings, please.

I NEVER thought I'd say this, but I prefer the VERSUS commentators to NBC. I'd rather not listen to either! Sometimes, I get so annoyed that I mute the TV and turn on the radio to our local broadcast. Much better.

That's probably a little bit of wishful thinking right there...despite the travel issue, of all the possible playoff match ups the Coyotes have given the Wings the least amount of difficulty this season.

They handled the Ducks fairly easily as well. Outscoring them something like 13-4 and took the series 3-1 and the 1 loss was the OT penalty shot winner (if memory is correct!)!

Just looking at the standings and the remaining schedules, I'm thinking the Wings will end up with Phoenix.

Phoenix and San Jose play twice, I'm assuming they'll split

The Wings and Chicago play twice, I'm assuming they'll split

LA and Anaheim play twice, I'm assuming they'll split

I'm assuming Nashville will win their last two games (CBJ & STL)

1. VAN

2. SJ

3. DET

4. NSH

5. LA

6. PHO

7. ANA

8. CHI

I could live with that. I'd prefer LA over Phoenix, but Phoenix would be my second choice out of the bunch.

Got it all figured out. The Notre Dame goalie (they're playing Minn. Duluth right now) is (so far) losing. Thing is, he's from Pittsburgh. We all know how we hate Pittsburgh. So it figures that if Notre Dame loses (even with Sheahan playing), we win the Cup.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!!

Got it all figured out. The Notre Dame goalie (they're playing Minn. Duluth right now) is (so far) losing. Thing is, he's from Pittsburgh. We all know how we hate Pittsburgh. So it figures that if Notre Dame loses (even with Sheahan playing), we win the Cup.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!!

Vladifan has spoken!

Guest Heaten

Dallas and Chicago should be tied at 93 points each right now had Toronto did their job with video review (Hossa kick in the puck that didn't cross the line)

So far, what i predicted is coming true.

Sharks in 2nd.

Preds in 4th.

Hawks in 8th

Bank on those for sure. :)

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and disagree with your Hawks pick. I'll say that Dallas beats COL and MIN, the Wings split with Chicago, and therefore Chicago misses the playoffs (as long as Anaheim gets 2 pts in 2 games).

Guest Heaten

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and disagree with your Hawks pick. I'll say that Dallas beats COL and MIN, the Wings split with Chicago, and therefore Chicago misses the playoffs (as long as Anaheim gets 2 pts in 2 games).

Nope. If Chicago get's 2 points, then Dallas can't catch them no matter what. Chicago has 95 points right now and Dallas only 93. Chicago has more wins. That gift from the league yesterday pretty much sealed the deal.

Nope. If Chicago get's 2 points, then Dallas can't catch them no matter what. Chicago has 95 points right now and Dallas only 93. Chicago has more wins. That gift from the league yesterday pretty much sealed the deal.

Only regulation and ot wins matter. If Dallas wins two and Chi wins 1 then they'd be tied in points and regulation/ot wins. Then it comes down to head to head and Dal holds that tiebreaker.

Guest Heaten

Only regulation and ot wins matter. If Dallas wins two and Chi wins 1 then they'd be tied in points and regulation/ot wins. Then it comes down to head to head and Dal holds that tiebreaker.

I'm glad Detroit gets to be a part of that. :D

I think PHX might not make it. They have a tough back-to-back with SJ. Dallas has 2 easy games left, COL and then MIN. Wouldn't be surprised if the Coyotes finish 9th.

Well, if the Hawks win tomorrow, they could be up in 6th which means a date with the Wings in the first round. Wouldn't that be a kick in the balls?

going to predict, tonight's results

Nashville beats St Louis

SJ beats Phoenix

Anaheim beats LA

and on Sunday,

Chicago beats Detroit

That makes the seedings

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Nashville

5. Anaheim