• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Heaten

Playoff Standings Prediction thread

Rate this topic

If Phoenix gets a win, and the sharks get a point at least. Or Phoenix gets a point and San Jose gets a win...

We lose to Chicago... we play them.

I do NOT want that.

Simpler than that even.

Phoenix gets a point and Chicago wins, we play Chicago.

I don't know why you're all afraid of certain teams. If we play the way we have been, we'll lose no matter what. If we play well, we can beat anyone...at least anyone we'll play in the first round.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

It's looking like this:

Win = Phoenix

Loss = Nashville

It's looking like this:

Win = Phoenix

Loss = Nashville

I am firmly in the belief that the Wings will kick either of these teams' asses. The Sharks and Nucks and maybe the Hawks are the scary teams in the West right now, not these ragtag groups of scrappy go-getters.

EDIT: Also the Ducks, let's not play those assholes again please.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Simpler than that even.

I don't know why you're all afraid of certain teams. If we play the way we have been, we'll lose no matter what. If we play well, we can beat anyone...at least anyone we'll play in the first round.

There are teams we can beat, and there are teams we can't. The benefit of having the upper seeds is if we can beat one of the softer teams, then we can let other teams beat up on each other. That is the only way we advance if we play like s***.

I hold out hope that given enough time we get on the ball. If we can luck out and play a worn out Vancouver or San Jose in the Conference finals we can win.

Remember when we lost to the ducks, the only reason why was because we were worn out and missing Schneider.

I'm a bit worried of Nashville's defense and goaltending. The way they've been playing us all year long makes me not want them. I think we can/would beat them but it would be one of those really frustrating series.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Other way around...I'm pretty sure.

If I'm right, they're better off losing tomorrow. Give me Phoenix over Nashville.

This is what it looks like.

IF CHICAGO WINS: #5 Seed

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Anaheim

5. Chicago

6. Nashville

7. Phoenix

8. Los Angeles

IF CHICAGO LOSES IN OT/SO: #7 Seed

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Anaheim

5. Nashville

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Los Angeles

IF CHICAGO LOSES IN REG: #8 Seed/Out of Playoffs

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Anaheim

5. Nashville

6. Phoenix

7. Los Angeles

8. Chicago/Dallas

Guest Howard He Do It?!

on nhl.com it has us playing the kings

It's not updated yet.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Dallas would have to lose too for Chicago to be 8th

Hence Chicago/Dallas

Doesn't really matter though because the Wings can only face Phoenix or Nashville.

Updated standings

aXJgp.jpg

Other way around...I'm pretty sure.

If I'm right, they're better off losing tomorrow. Give me Phoenix over Nashville.

Nope.

If we win, we get Phoenix no matter what. If Chicago wins we get Nashville.

Top 4 seeds are set:

1. Van

2. SJ

3. Det

4. Ana

Chicago wins:

5. Chi

6. Nsh

7. Phx

8. LA

Chicago lose in OT/SO:

5. Nsh

6. Phx

7. Chi

8. LA

Chicago lose in regulation:

5. Nsh

6. Phx

7. LA

8. Chi or Dal (If Dallas wins in regulation/OT)

The only part that might be off is if Chicago wins in a SO, it's a three-way tie with Phoenix and Nashville. Chicago has the best point% in games against them, so they would still get 5th. I'm not sure if three-way rules would still apply to to Phoenix and Nashville or if they'd then revert to a regular tiebreaker. In three-way rules, Phoenix beats Nashville.

What a relief! Everything going according my evil master plan!

Also, is it just me, or did it seem like the Sharks and Wings were both in a race for 3rd these past few games?

Anyway, it's not often that I get to root for my two favorite teams, going into the playoffs, in a way that coincides with what is best for both, but this was the night, and this is that time.

As a Sharks fan, I obviously want see them face the beat-up Kings for the first round - not Nashville or Phoenix, even though we won our season series against all three.

As a Wings fan (second only to Sharks, of course), I don't want to see them go against the Preds! I didn't want to see EITHER team go against the Ducks (OR Chicago), but now that the Ducks are safely bumped to 4th, the Preds are the only team left that I really worried about for the Wings. Not Chicago so much, for some reason. Chicago is brutal, but I think the Wings are much better.

That's perfect, because the Wings have lots of incentive to beat Chicago in regulation tomorrow, which will likely place them against Phoenix, and the Wings are more than a match for Phoenix, I think. I just hope they beat them in regulation - otherwise, the Sharks will face Chicago...again. The only consolation for that - we have their "defending Stanley Cup goaltender" in net this time, and he's as hot as ever.

GO WINGS!!!

I may be buckled as hell right now, but DET/NSH or DET/PHX is not exciting at all for me as a fan. For the ******* love of god, could we get a playoff series that would wanna make fans tune in??? Game one against either team will be a snoozefest win or lose. It's garbage, knowing that these two jokes and boring ass teams are the Red Wings first round opponent makes me so unexcited for the playoffs it isnt even funny.

:ph34r::siren:

Nope.

If we win, we get Phoenix no matter what. If Chicago wins we get Nashville.

Top 4 seeds are set:

1. Van

2. SJ

3. Det

4. Ana

Chicago wins:

5. Chi

6. Nsh

7. Phx

8. LA

The only part that might be off is if Chicago wins in a SO, it's a three-way tie with Phoenix and Nashville. Chicago has the best point% in games against them, so they would still get 5th. I'm not sure if three-way rules would still apply to to Phoenix and Nashville or if they'd then revert to a regular tiebreaker. In three-way rules, Phoenix beats Nashville.

the common consensus seems to be the 3 way tie rule will apply to all 3 teams. so if chicago wins in a SO, phoenix will be ahead of Nashville