1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Nashville

5. Anaheim

6. Chicago

7. Phoenix

8. LA

That would give Vancouver and San Jose cakewalk series, while we'd be stuck playing the Hawks.

Correct. However i want the Hawks to come 8th. Canucks/Hawks first round would be good.

Yeah, Hawks have a much better chance of ousting the Canucks first round than the Stars do, and even if they can't they'll wear out the Canucks alot more.

Preds just lost in regulation.

I believe that means if Phoenix gets 0 points tonight, we cannot play Chicago in the first round no matter what. If Phoenix gets 1 or 2 points tonight, we will play Chicago in the first round if we lose tomorrow.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I believe that means if Phoenix gets 0 points tonight, we cannot play Chicago in the first round no matter what. If Phoenix gets 1 or 2 points tonight, we will play Chicago in the first round if we lose tomorrow.

You are correct.

that's how i see it. however if chicago wins a shootout, then im not sure what happens, because it will go to the next tiebreaker.

not sure if this is good news, if phoenix does indeed get 0 points at SJ, and chicago wins in reg/ot, the wings will face nashville

Edited by jeff48109

that's how i see it. however if chicago wins a shootout, then im not sure what happens, because it will go to the next tiebreaker.

not sure if this is good news, if phoenix does indeed get 0 points at SJ, and chicago wins in reg/ot, the wings will face nashville

As I've said before, without Zetterberg, I'd rather play them than a very skilled Hawks team.

We'd just have to play actual good defense and goaltending to beat a team like the Preds. We wouldn't need to score much or contend with highly skilled forwards who Zetterberg would need to neutralize.

Besides, the Preds have never won a playoff series in their history and we've handled them before.

Plain and simple... If SJ, ANA and CHI win in regulation (I am rooting so hard for the wings to knock their ass out of the playoffs, but its going to be tough) it will be like this:

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Anaheim 99 (43 wins)

5. Chicago 99 (39 wins)

6. Phoenix 99 (38 wins)

7. Nashville 99 (38 wins)

8. Los Angeles 98

Plain and simple... If SJ, ANA and CHI win in regulation (I am rooting so hard for the wings to knock their ass out of the playoffs, but its going to be tough) it will be like this:

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Anaheim 99 (43 wins)

5. Chicago 99 (39 wins)

6. Phoenix 99 (38 wins)

7. Nashville 99 (38 wins)

8. Los Angeles 98

are you sure about 6 and 7?

are you sure about 6 and 7?

Yup... going into today they both had 99 points and 38 wins a piece in reg/ot... according to ESPN, TSN, CBS, etc, they had Phoenix ahead of Nashville... so i guess it would stay the same if phoenix loses tonight also (just like trashville)

EDIT: I think you might be right... oops I was wrong, I believe we would face NSH instead of PHX

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Yup... going into today they both had 99 points and 38 wins a piece in reg/ot... according to ESPN, TSN, CBS, etc, they had Phoenix ahead of Nashville... so i guess it would stay the same if phoenix loses tonight also (just like trashville)

Phoenix is only ahead because they'd played 1 less game. Nasville wins a tiebreaker with Phoenix based on goal differential.

OK I have changed my previous post and this is the guarantee (if it stays the same right now *tonight*)

IF CHICAGO WINS: #5 Seed

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Anaheim

5. Chicago

6. Nashville

7. Phoenix

8. Los Angeles

IF CHICAGO LOSES IN OT/SO: #7 Seed

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Anaheim

5. Nashville

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Los Angeles

IF CHICAGO LOSES IN REG: #8 Seed/Out of Playoffs

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Anaheim

5. Nashville

6. Phoenix

7. Los Angeles

8. Chicago/Dallas

If phoenix comes back it goes....

4PHX

5Ducks

6Nash

7LA

If phoenix wins, and we don't then we play the one team I promise will bounce us in the first round.

I want phoenix to win and us to win.

I would rather play LA. than

Kings could finish 8th, how absurd.