• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

This years black aces

Rate this topic

got to thinking when was the last time one of the aces got called up to play a game in the playoffs? i couldnt recall if any of them had so i was wondering who'll be this years aces and would any get a shot at playing. I got a funny feeling that Gustav Nyquist is going to be included in this years aces. so who'd you think is going to be on the list this year?

Mursak

Tatar

Emmerton

Nyquist

Tardif

Andersson

Smith

Janik

Meech

Mcollum

macdonald

In before the iFlip (for skill) and Tradif (for grit) arguments.

Seriously though, Mursak, Tatar, and Smith are the three most likely players, to be put in if the wings have any injuries and Babcock goes with talent over experience (Helm>Hartigan in 08).

got to thinking when was the last time one of the aces got called up to play a game in the playoffs? i couldnt recall if any of them had so i was wondering who'll be this years aces and would any get a shot at playing. I got a funny feeling that Gustav Nyquist is going to be included in this years aces. so who'd you think is going to be on the list this year?

If it is Nyquist then I may have to go over to Peterborough and personally shake your hand because that's an outrageous prediction

In before the iFlip (for skill) and Tradif (for grit) arguments.

Seriously though, Mursak, Tatar, and Smith are the three most likely players, to be put in if the wings have any injuries and Babcock goes with talent over experience (Helm>Hartigan in 08).

UK is the only one that'd like to see Tardiff. Who would want to see iFlip over someone?

Mursak, Joakim, Tatar, Smith, Meech and our goalies will most likely be black aces. Maybe even Nyquist :)

If it is Nyquist then I may have to go over to Peterborough and personally shake your hand because that's an outrageous prediction

Why? He's already one of the top 3 two way forwards and top 3 smartest players the Griffins have. Plus, with all our Swedes, i don't see why not. Ericsson and Kronwall were black aces when they were still a couple years away from the Wings. As well, for a team playing horrible since he joined the Griffins, he is one of two players who have a positive plus minus since joining while continually putting up points.

Doesn't sound too outrageous now does it.

Mursak, Joakim, Tatar, Smith, Meech and our goalies will most likely be black aces. Maybe even Nyquist :)

Janik will probably also be called up but other than that you probably have the list. As far as goalies, Pearce and Mcollum will both probably be called up.

I think Nyquist will be one, just because he has a future here so they'll want to let him get a feel for the atmosphere. No chance he'll play though.

It will take a lot of injuries before any forwards get a chance to play. They might go with 7 defensemen before even Mursak gets in, and maybe even throw Meech ahead of him.

I miss the days when our black aces consisted of Leino, Abby, Helm, and Ericsson. I think for sure Nyquist will get called up along with big flip, and the rest of those guys because this is the wings first chance to actually see him first hand. I don't think the wings will really hesitate to bring up the guys they believe will one day play even if they don't have plans on putting them in any games this year. Traveling and practicing with the team is a great developmental experience for the guys, a chance to watch and learn from the best and a chance for the wings to see where all their prospects stand. Also giving the guys a taste of the pros has got to motivate them.

What ever happened to Meech? He just kinda disappeared...

He's in GR. He needs to clear waivers to move, so they haven't tried since he went down. He'll be up for the playoffs I'm sure, but won't play unless there's a few injuries.

UK is the only one that'd like to see Tardiff. Who would want to see iFlip over someone?

Tardif should be up, but I don't think he'll play (or should). He's been great (and patient) with the organization and should be a black ace to practice with the team and enjoy the atmosphere. This organization treats its players well, and Tardif has paid his dues.

Hopefully none of them need to play, but if we do have injuries I see Mursak and Tatar coming up. Maybe Smith, if he's as good as they say, I don't see why we could risk starting Helm in the playoffs years ago and not Smith.

My gut tells me Doug Janik, Derek Meech, Tomas Tatar, and Joe MacDonald (if he isn't still here backing up Howie), Cory Emmerton is a possibility, maybe Brendan Smith, hopefully Ilari Filppula, and an outside chance for Jamie Tardiff. We'll see.

Pearce and Mcollum will both probably be called up.

There's no way the team will have five goalies hanging around during the playoffs, and four seems like a stretch. There are only two nets in practice. If Osgood is healthy, Macdonald will still be up as insurance. If Osgood is still hurt or iffy, one of the two minor league guys will likely be brought up just in case. But both of them? Only way I see that happening is if two of the top three are hurt.

Tardif has nothing to offer at the NHL level. His skill level is less than Millers, and he fights worse than Abdelkader. No thanks.

Edited by cjm502