• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hulldatzet

Dates of the first 2 home games

Rate this topic

I have been looking around as i want to purchase tickets for Game 2 if it is on Friday the 15th. Many sites say that game 1 is on April 13, and game 2 is on April 15. Other sites say it has yet to be determined. Anyone know where can I find out if these dates are correct before I buy tickets? Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I think in the past they have had game 1's played on 3 seperate days (in this case wed,thurs, or friday) because of the amount of series going to start. If this is true theres a chance game 2 would be on a sunday.

I was wondering the same thing. I purchased tickets for game 1 off of stubhub a few weeks ago, and I just received an email saying the tickets were shipped out. But it made me wonder if they already know what day they are playing since they are already sending out tickets, or if they just don't list the day on playoff tickets. This is my first playoff game I'll be going to, so I don't know what the tickets are like.

I was wondering the same thing. I purchased tickets for game 1 off of stubhub a few weeks ago, and I just received an email saying the tickets were shipped out. But it made me wonder if they already know what day they are playing since they are already sending out tickets, or if they just don't list the day on playoff tickets. This is my first playoff game I'll be going to, so I don't know what the tickets are like.

I am assuming that Game 1 will be the 13th and Game 2 will be the 15th, maybe the 16th. As far as what's on the tickets, they read something along the lines of "Stanley Cup Playoffs Quarter Finals--Round 1--Game 1 TBA." At least that's what mine says. :cool:

I am assuming that Game 1 will be the 13th and Game 2 will be the 15th, maybe the 16th.

The Wings are 1 of 4 playoff teams to play on the last day of the season (April 10th) so I would assume that the Wings would get at least 3 days off and start on the 14th, possibly the 15th.

I may be wrong, but I think in the past they have had game 1's played on 3 seperate days (in this case wed,thurs, or friday) because of the amount of series going to start. If this is true theres a chance game 2 would be on a sunday.

Now that you mention that, last year I do think the NHL had one of the series start late. But a number of things I think will prevent the league from starting Detroit later than the rest (i.e. being the most eastern based team in the West with the travel, the Wings are a bigger draw than most.)

Or the league will continue to show they want Detroit out of the picture, like in the SCF finals 2 years ago, and have us start the day after our last game, then follow that up by 1 day off then a back to back set of games lol.

Looking at this years regular season schedule, I'm betting on a Wednesday home game to start, followed by a Friday night game. Why would the league buck a trend now?

Depends a lot on match up and TV network. The networks have really become the driving force for the scheduling. That is why we had the 3 games in 4 nights against Pittsburgh in 09 (I think it was).

Depends a lot on match up and TV network. The networks have really become the driving force for the scheduling. That is why we had the 3 games in 4 nights against Pittsburgh in 09 (I think it was).

I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post. Of 41 Home games this year 10 of them were on a Wednesday. Yes nearly 25% of our home games were on a Wednesday.

Also, 1st two rounds are regional coverage, minus those games chosen for NBC, and Versus, so they will be covered by FSNDet. Not sure how we'll face Pittsburgh in the first round.