• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/6 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Hurricanes 3

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Well, s***. That's it. The Wings will never make 3rd seed now. The division is lost. The team is awful. Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game.

No s*** there is no meaningful hockey talk in a game day thread. This your first time in one?

Nope. I am one of the people who tries to inject a little meaningful hockey talk into this mess. It increases the entertainment factor by at least 10 points. :D

Guest Crymson

How about you make an intelligent hockey post with some actual real world criticisms. Anyone can say "Howard sucks" or "Refs suck". It takes a little brain power to say....

Wings just didn't have it tonight. Canes played like the hungrier team, and Cam Ward came up with big saves while Howard didn't. Even though the defense didn't help Howard much, the Wings could have won that game if Howard was on his game AND they got some scoring from the forwards who could only hit the post a few times and put it in Cam Wards chest about 30 times.

Come on....you can do it! Just takes a little time and effort.

Howard came up with numerous big saves tonight.

Hard to match intensity when the game means little to nothing to the Wings and its do or die for the Canes.

Im happy with 3rd actually, playing the Ducks in the first round would be grueling.

Well, s***. That's it. The Wings will never make 3rd seed now. The division is lost. The team is awful. Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game.

Massive hyperbole for the win I suppose.

Not sure what the Wings have done in the last half of the season to earn such magnificent defense and praise but I guess that's just me.

Nightfall: I did before you and Crymson went on with your regular "attack of the posters" crusade. You guys are just too busy jumping up in defense of any player or part of this team that is criticized with sarcasm and exagerrated statements that you didn't notice it.

Detroit cup winning teams of the past might have sleptwalk towards the end of the season. But this team hasn't shown (except in the first 20 or so games against weaker competition and an easier schedule) that they have the same talent, drive, and overall consistency to perform like they did in the post season. That is why people are so pessimistic.

Hawks tie it.

Wonder what it's like to get a gift from the official.

Just ask Crosby

I have no idea how that Hossa "goal" counted. Clearly a kicking motion for one, and the puck never fully crosses the goal line

Howard came up with numerous big saves tonight.

He would have had to rob the Canes 3 more times to make it a zero-zero game. I agree, he came up with good saves, but Cam Ward stole the show. Either that or the Wings couldn't put the puck in the net. Either way, its kinda hard to win a game when you don't score.

Guest Crymson

Not sure what the Wings have done in the last half of the season to earn such magnificent defense and praise but I guess that's just me.

Nightfall: I did before you and Crymson went on with your regular "attack of the posters" crusade. You guys are just too busy jumping up in defense of any player or part of this team that is criticized with sarcasm and exagerrated statements that you didn't notice it.

So as always, anyone calling you out for how often you give up when the Wings aren't dominant and for how often you levy nonsensical criticism, and anyone who disagrees with you on said criticisms, is a complete moron and an utter homer, and you are the ultimate fan.

Got it.

He would have had to rob the Canes 3 more times to make it a zero-zero game. I agree, he came up with good saves, but Cam Ward stole the show. Either that or the Wings couldn't put the puck in the net. Either way, its kinda hard to win a game when you don't score.

Howard never spends any time in the offensive zone. I dunno why.

Edited by Crymson

I don't think this loss was Howard's fault at all. After the first period it just seemed to me that Wings remembered they don't need to win this one. They just went through the motions the rest of the game, at times giving 90% effort and at times giving 10% effort. Hurricanes on the other hand needed to win this one and gave it their all the whole game. While they're not a very skilled team they just wanted to win so much more. When Carolina had a scoring change Detroit played a little sloppy and when Detroit had a scoring change they still played a little sloppy.

So as always, anyone calling you out for how often you give up when the Wings aren't dominant and for how often you levy nonsensical criticism, and anyone who disagrees with you on said criticisms, is a complete moron and an utter homer, and you are the ultimate fan.

Got it.

Pretty sure I "gave up" once this season, but I guess you can make stuff up all you want.

Nice try though. Actually I find it funny you consider me the new Mindfly considering I've been one of the more positive posters about the team.

Carry on, though. Don't want to ruin your twisted perception of my opinion of the team.

Detroit cup winning teams of the past might have sleptwalk towards the end of the season. But this team hasn't shown (except in the first 20 or so games against weaker competition and an easier schedule) that they have the same talent, drive, and overall consistency to perform like they did in the post season. That is why people are so pessimistic.

Good post man, couldn't agree more.

No suprise to check in and see Crymson at his best again. :rolleyes:

Meh.

I really didn't think that they played poorly. We came out with a jump and had some great chances all game. Ward played great because he had to.

It was pretty much a case of a playoff bubble team versus a division winner.

Awesome post dude. Really addressing the issues, certainly absolutely nothing to worry about with this team, they'll stop playing mediocre which they've done for months, just because it's playoffs time. And who cares about our opponent, and no matter how hungry they are, because they'll be no match for our boys.

I have been attacking ignorant posters on this forum for a long time now. In short, if you have a valid point to make about a player, management, or franchise, then speak it. People who post the typical "(insert player name here) sucks" comments are going to get bashed. Those posts really don't bring anything new to the table in terms of a discussion.

As for your comment, I do agree with you. If you remember correctly though, the Wings finished strong last season, and still didn't do well in the playoffs. The Hawks sleepwalked through the month of March going 6-7-1 last year and won the cup. Some teams do have strong finishes, like the Pens in 08-09 when they lost 2 games in the month of March and April combined. Still, I don't see much of a reflection on regular season performance over playoff performance. This is why some players seem to come to life and play great in the post season when everything is on the line. I can understand your pessimism, but I just think it isn't well placed. Did you have a great feeling about Detroit last year when they went on that huge tear at the end of the season? Did you think they were going all the way last year because of their finish? What about in 2002 when they played like ass at the end of the season?

Finishing on a great end of season note has really no meaning when the playoffs hit. I could name many many teams who wish that were true, like Washington last season when they were knocked out by Montreal after playing so well at the end of the season.

I crown thee king of arbitrary statements.

Well please, take a look back in the "Detroit needs to get tougher" or other threads of the sort downright bashing the team and organization. Or just rewrite history and continue on, which you seem to have no problem doing.

I've been pessimistic LATELY because I have seen plenty to be pessimistic about. The team's offense is inconsistent and dry at times. The 4th line is Detroit's best line on most nights. Howard isn't at the level he was last season. While he has games where he does incredibly well, he responds to them with okay to mediocre ones. Detroit's defense is a joke. They hang Howard out to dry on multiple occasions and fail to make the right plays under pressure, especially in their own zone.

Detroit's record against the top 8 in the West is also concerning. As is their play the latter half of the season.

Awesome post dude. Really addressing the issues, certainly absolutely nothing to worry about with this team, they'll stop playing mediocre which they've done for months, just because it's playoffs time. And who cares about our opponent, and no matter how hungry they are, because they'll be no match for our boys.

He was being sarcastic, as was I when I replied to him. :D

Guest Crymson

Correct. I have every confidence that this team will excel in the playoffs. I don't care a single bit about the possibility of disappointment. Apparently the latter is not true of you.