• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/6 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Hurricanes 3

Rate this topic

Sharks are getting spanked, tonight would have been the perfect opportunity to regain 2nd place.

Yea, that is a bummer. I don't see the Wings taking 2nd though. Hawks are going to take 1 of the next 2 at least.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I'm not surprised that the Wings lost this game but I am surprised that they got shutout. The Hurricanes are fighting for their playoff lives right now and the Wings are guaranteed no worse than 3rd in the conference, which they seem content with.

Two things bothered me the most: Jimmy looked very slow to react on that wrap around goal and the inability to score on a 4 minute PP is simply a joke.

The same stupid s**t from the kumbayah clan who have to have cheerleading circle-jerk. When will you all ever learn?

If you all want to have your own pages or sections of the happy cheerleading section and nothing else, cool. Nobody will stop you, none of these supposed Debbie Downers will, if you want to keep people like that out, have at it. IT'D BE YOUR OWN SECTION. I certainly wouldn't come in and spoil the mood and be an ass.

However, this is not your own private playground. Do I always like Negative Nancies or giving suggestion that we could be in trouble? No. However, I understand that others have opinions and they need to vent them sometimes, even though I might not like it most the time. When it isn't my personal playground, I'll shut up and let them have their moments. And from what I've skimmed here, not many people are suggesting Biblical plagues or that we are done before we have even started. They are expressing legitimate concerns that have been consistent across this team lately, and all these same people want the Wings to win as well.

Now, if it was my own personal space or playground and I saw some of these blurbs or comments on them where I had full authority to do what I want or delete them, would I? In all likelihood yes. This isn't my personal playground, this isn't your personal playground either, this is nobody's personal playground alone.

You want to be a cheerleader? Cool. Shut the f**k up and let others have their moments without being absolute pr**ks when nobody is suggesting such attitudes or saying ZOMG THEY SUCK THEY ALL NEED TO GO NOW!!!!!!!

It is just as aggravating, if not more, than people that suggest we are screwed before we have even started.

I used to be the same way a lot and it's not worth the time. Please learn silence sometimes when it's not your own personal battlestation where you control all the rules.

EDIT: Now as for the game itself, I wasn't overly disappointed. The outcome stunk of course, but the effort was there pretty much, Ward was just in a zone unfortunately. If they can bring this effort most games, I am encouraged by a deep playoff run, but inconsistency with effort and execution still plagues this team. So I am not sure really what to think or be accurate with.

If this is a negative nancy post to some of you, sorry.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Guest Crymson

Is this the first game that kindl was used on the PK? Really awesome that babs is using him in every situation

He has taken Kronwall's spot.

Sluggish game for Howie and the whole team. Unfortunate injury to Zata, Ballard did nothing wrong.

The team as a whole lacked intensity from the top players to the bottom players. It sucks Lidstrom's +/- takes a hit because Jimmy can't control rebounds or stop simple shots some games.

Franzen reallllly needs to get it going as does Filppula with Zetterberg out indefinitely.

I blame Downey.

Well put, K511. There is no reason for Jimmy to allow goals like that wrap around or the 3rd by Cole. Looked almost like he was in complete slow motion on both goals. Injury to Hank sucked the life right out that they even had. Not much good to come from this so get yourselves ready tomorrow for the Hawks and give a damn. No #40 so they really have to bring it.

Guest Crymson

Well put, K511. There is no reason for Jimmy to allow goals like that wrap around or the 3rd by Cole. Looked almost like he was in complete slow motion on both goals. Injury to Hank sucked the life right out that they even had. Not much good to come from this so get yourselves ready tomorrow for the Hawks and give a damn. No #40 so they really have to bring it.

He reacted slowly on the wraparound, true, but he'd have gotten to the far post if his stick hadn't been knocked out of his hand. As for the Cole goal, even the Hurricanes` TV guys said that he had no chance. Cole was in perfect position to put his entire body into that shot, and he did it very quickly after a very quick shot.

I'm fine with 3rd, playing the injured Kings or Yotes seems a lot better than playing Ducks or Chi. I know we could beat the other 2, but the Ducks will cheap shot our players and it will hurt the next round. I want chicago to stay in 8th so they can play Van in the 1st, they are in there heads. However if Van. beats Chi. I do fear the idea of getting the monkey off their back and then setting into overdrive. Either way 3rd at the moment seems to be the best spot to be in.

The game we didn't look to bad, Howard was playing great even though he was a bit weak on the wrap around. Ward is one of the best goalies in the league and willed them for the win. I'm sure it was in the back of our minds not to get hurt especially after Z did so of all games to take as a playoff indicator I wouldn't use that one.

Even though i want the Hawks to play Van. in the 1st there is a part of me that would love more than anything to ruin their playoff hopes.

Edited by ben_usmc