• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#241 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

Please don't even start to blame the refs. Most of this team looks like they don't even give a s*** about playing hard and competitive hockey. After getting embarrassed you would think they would care about playing better for longer than 2 games but tonight they have a case of the "f*** its." Pathetic.

Sometimes it seems like any Wings loss is blamed on not caring or no effort or whatever. I've been very pleased with their effort tonight. They've skated well, thrown some hits, generated lots of scoring chances. No puck luck would be my main complaint, but I don't know which guy on the team I can blame for that.

A team can play well and still lose. It happens all the time, and it's happening tonight, by my reckoning.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#242 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

Imagine Wings playing Hawks in the first round and the series going to seven games. Nine straight games against them.

..."Imagine there's no heaven"...

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#243 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

A point tonight would suffice.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#244 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

After 2 I think the Wings are just taking it easy this game, especially after Hank leaving the game. Howard has been solid, but I did not like the rebound that led to Skinner's goal, but I am sure he would be the first to admit that; other than that he has been solid. Also, I HATE Franzen with Datsyuk...this 2nd period should be a clear vision for Babs to NOT waste Datsyuk's time with Franzen because Franzen is unable to do anything. While Hank is out (which should be the last 2 games for rest since he has played all season) I would like to see Babs go back to:

Cleary- Datsyuk- Hudler
Homer- Filps- Modano
Bert- Abdelkator- Franzen
4th line.

Flip hasn't done anything with Mo... really nobody has done anything with Mo. Flip needs to wake up and start playing like he means it along with Mule. Scratching Hudler was dumb IMO as he was trying at least while Bert is allowed to not give a damn and be in the lineup.

#245 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

If we scored 2 goals instead of hitting 2 posts I doubt anyone would be complaining right now. We're not playing THAT badly. We've had our chances to score.

#246 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

Did anybody else happen to notice that the team was playing okay and then as soon as Z left it looked like the whole team just stopped trying?

Not that a win means much besides 2nd place at this point.. but I would at least like to see the Wings make an attempt to play well enough the rest of the season to get Lids onto the Plus side.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#247 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

Sometimes it seems like any Wings loss is blamed on not caring or no effort or whatever. I've been very pleased with their effort tonight. They've skated well, thrown some hits, generated lots of scoring chances. No puck luck would be my main complaint, but I don't know which guy on the team I can blame for that.

I'm placing that blame squarely on the shoulders of Doug Janik.

What's that they say, he's not even in the lineup tonight? Exactly.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#248 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

4rd on! Let's pot a few this period Wings!
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#249 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

A team can play well and still lose. It happens all the time, and it's happening tonight, by my reckoning.

I seen 1 good period the 2nd was OK at best. You see it the way you see it I see it the way I see it. Again I am very disappointed with Flip along with Mule.

#250 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

I'm placing that blame squarely on the shoulders of Doug Janik.

What's that they say, he's not even in the lineup tonight? Exactly.

I blamde Islanders.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#251 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

:blink: man...... Z hurt.... just found out..

#252 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Go Wings. Tie it up.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#253 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

Let's Go Wings!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#254 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

4rd on! Let's pot a few this period Wings!

Please, someone, explain this to me. I'm so out...

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#255 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

What happened to Z
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#256 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

Please, someone, explain this to me. I'm so out...

A few years back, a poster made a typo when they meant to write "3rd" and instead put "4rd" and it's stuck ever since.

#257 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Too bad that Z went out as Z and D were dominating out there before he left the game. Now it looks like Dats has to do it by himself. I am still waiting for Flip to step it up along with Mule. Our 4th line looks better than our 2nd and 3rd.

Yessirr. Whenever! NOW would be good. <_<

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#258 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Syggelekokle.

#259 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts