• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#301 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'll indulge your pessimistic self and remind you that while this game is unimportant to the Wings, it is absolutely vital to the Canes.

Because you're apparently utterly unaware of circumstances, I'll also remind you that Ward is playing a whale of a game.

And finally, because you're unable to remember even the Wings` most recent game, I'll remind you that they scored just fine against Minnesota.

so the wings shouldnt play this like any other game? shouldnt try to win? just cause its unimportant? not very professional.

sure ward is playing a good game but the wings need to find a way to score, its prep for the playoffs.

sure they scored against minnesota but this isnt minnesota is it?

#302 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Guess they're content with third, and giving San Jose home ice should we advance to play them. I don't know about that decision, we all know what happened last year. They have sucked at home lately, though.. so who knows.

#303 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

so the wings shouldnt play this like any other game? shouldnt try to win? just cause its unimportant? not very professional.

The other team has more motivation, and the Wings will not play like a team possessed just to make brett happy.

sure ward is playing a good game but the wings need to find a way to score, its prep for the playoffs.

If it were that simple, no goalie would ever pitch a shutout. Ever.

I guess it's just easier for you to make massive generalizations that point to the team sucking.

Guess they're content with third, and giving San Jose home ice should we advance to play them. I don't know about that decision, we all know what happened last year. They have sucked at home lately, though.. so who knows.

You're talking as if they just don't care. Bear in mind that sometimes one team just wins and the other loses.

#304 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

Playoffs is playoffs. Wings can win anywhere in any timezone.

#305 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

I find it funny that people actually think this team is gonna turn a switch on for the post season. ****, ****...

#306 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

It's just one of those games, man.. relax. Vancouver did the exact same thing last night against Edmonton of all teams. It happens, especially when they don't have much to play for.

#307 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Carolina sucks. Seriously. Some people here think they're playing out of their minds and the wings are playing well. I don't know. Maybe in the 1st period both teams were playing ok, but I think it was the goal by Carolina that gave them their jump in the 2nd.

I still think Carolina sucks. If this game meant something to Detroit I think we'd be destroying them. Carolina looks like a very average team to me, even when they're backs are against the wall. They just don't look impressive. I don't know. That's how I see it.

I'm glad we are going to be at least 3rd. I guess that's what I'll be happy with. I just pray for no more injuries.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#308 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Howard is such a s*** goalie. :thumbdown:

Deflating.

#309 chief

chief

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Sorry guys about Hank getting hurt. We know at Rangerville how it feels. Our heart n soul guy Ryan Callahan got clunked on the ankle with a Chara slapshot in our last game, He's toast!
Let's see if the Wings can have some mega comeback. Ranger fans need some help here!
Sucks about the injury though to Zets.

#310 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Oh boy, the third goal just made this so much more boring game to watch. But good for 'Canes. They'll keep on fighting with Rangers.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#311 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

The entire team went to sleep after the first period.

Nobody is acting like they care. At all.

Posted Image

#312 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

Chicago goal under review

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#313 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Howard has been ok today, though it does blow my mind at times how slow he his at moving across the crease.

#314 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

The entire team went to sleep after the first period.

Nobody is acting like they care. At all.

They saw Hank get injured, and no one wants to push it. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

:D

#315 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Sorry guys about Hank getting hurt. We know at Rangerville how it feels. Our heart n soul guy Ryan Callahan got clunked on the ankle with a Chara slapshot in our last game, He's toast!
Let's see if the Wings can have some mega comeback. Ranger fans need some help here!

Thanks for the good words.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#316 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

I find it funny that people actually think this team is gonna turn a switch on for the post season. ****, ****...

Yeah. I guess it's time to rebuild.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#317 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Chicago goal under review

Let us know if it counts or not. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#318 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

That's a tough loss for the Rangers, I've always liked the way he plays the game
IPB Image

#319 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

lol. At least one person had to say it. It's trendy, after all, and it's so easy to say without actually thinking.

You failed to follow the common LGW blame checklist when it comes to a loss.

1. Howard
2. Refs
3. Franzen
4. Hudler
5. Kindl
6. All of the above
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#320 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Damn, there's 40 shots for us.

Hopefully s***cago and the Sharks will lose.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)