Photo
- - - - -

Are the Wings going to keep the Hawks out of the playoffs?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

It would be marvelous if they could put the Hawks down for good. However, I think that will fall low on management's list of priorities, compared to resting their key players for the last two games. But as long as they don't ice a complete B-team they've got enough firepower to win one or both games.

Still, being willing to lay out to block a shot, go hard into corners and to the net, etc, -- things that a team that has to win will do and things that a team that just wants to avoid injury won't -- could end up being important. But while it will definitely be impossible to match Chicago's intensity in those games, that's hardly the only determining factor in winning or losing.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#42 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

Chicago has a tough game against the Blues tonight. The same Blues team that just embarrassed the Red Wings and have been on a pretty hot run lately. I have a feeling the Blues are going to be 'sending a message' tonight. Chicago will have a target on their backs. I think Troy Brouwer just got injured and Sharp is out...

Tonight isn't going to be an easy game for the Blackhawks.

#43 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

The Blues are going to do their part tonight http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=558482

#44 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

And hopefully the Wings feel differently than some fans here. You play to win the game and I hope they do just that.

:thumbup: Should never let up
IPB Image

#45 drw138

drw138

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

That's a joke, right? Chicago didn't choose to raise their banner against us, that's just how the schedule turned out.

I may be wrong but i believe the champs do get to pick who they raise the banner against
we're back

#46 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

i agree they shouldnt let up, but the wings have been playing crap for pretty much the past few weeks. i just hope they don't get slaughtered on national tv this weekend. or worse yet, get themselves injured.

#47 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#48 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

The Hawks have scored 4 goals total, in their last 4 games. They have been shutout twice in that stretch. They lost Brower to a shoulder injury last night, Bolland is out with concussion, and Sharp is not quite ready to return to the lineup, but may be forced into the lineup early if needed. Things don't look all that promising for them right now.

As far as The Wings. Unless someone is injured, we have to play our starters. We're trying to get that 2nd seed, and it isn't like them to rest players when position is on the line. I also don't think that they really care who they face in the first round, as they believe that if they play for 60 minutes, that they can beat anyone.

#49 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

I'd rather have the Hawks make the playoffs as an 8th seed and put a good scare into Vancouver first round.

Posted Image

#50 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

I don't see it happening.

I'd love to see it, however. It'd be a nice feather in our cap, especially since I don't see us going far in the actual playoffs.

Not to mention, Dallas has been subpar the second half of the season. Who says they'll win any games?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#51 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

Looks like Hank will be sitting out. If the Sharks win tonight I'd bet there's a fair chance either Lidstrom or Kronwall sit too. Wouldn't surprise me to see Pav rest as well.

Keeping them out would be like a bonus playoff series win for me, and I hope they win tonight just to be right on the edge. But I really don't see it happening.

#52 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

They better after that gift they got tonight.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#53 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

no way chicago isn't making it. money wasn't spent making the toews and kane "history will be made" commercials and have them not be in the playoffs. remember how chicago helped the ratings last season?

#54 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

Yes.

#55 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

no way chicago isn't making it. money wasn't spent making the toews and kane "history will be made" commercials and have them not be in the playoffs. remember how chicago helped the ratings last season?

Hahahaha true dat.

I don't see the Hawks missing it. I'd love to, but i just don't think it's gonna happen, and I would LOVE to be wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDnXkFVEQ0Y

Edited by Mitchmac33, 06 April 2011 - 10:58 PM.

#56 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:23 PM

League decided that Chicago will, in fact, be in the playoffs at all costs.

#57 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

League decided that Chicago will, in fact, be in the playoffs at all costs.

Beat me to it.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#58 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:29 PM

Even without Z I think we can beat the Blackhawks 2 of 2... It's the Black-WhiteHawks I'm worried about.

Attached File  BlackWhiteHawks.jpg   83.25KB   11 downloads

Edited by redwingmachine, 07 April 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#59 LivoniaGrinder

LivoniaGrinder

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

Come on Red Wings! Send those "s***-cago Dirtchickens" golfing!!
--
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."

--Saul Tigh

#60 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

I will be shocked if the Wings win a single game - they are coasting, most likely resting players, without Zetterberg, and the Hawks are playing for their lives.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."