• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Zetterberg leaves against Carolina

Rate this topic

Dead nuts right. The wings will come into the playoffs a 3 seed pretty much no matter what. i dont think theyll take both vs. chicago, and SJ has a good shot of beating PHX twice. (dont tell me this is the wrong thread, i know)

So because of that and Z's injury not looking that bad, lets go ahead and sit him anyway. Might as well put Lids down as well.

I agree, I wanted them to rest against Carolina, and play against the Hawks. Can't rest for three games straight, but one would have made a difference without giving up on making the team better.

This is why I don't think it's a serious injury:

-He was able to skate off on his power

-He took 1 shift after the hit (Others say he didn't, but he clearly did, and then after that shift there was a stoppage as he went to the dressing room)

-He was able to get up after he got hurt without assistance

Those are just some of the things that I noticed when that all occurred.

Other Injuries and there circumstances:

Kopitar was not able to get up under his own power and had to be assisted off the ice. [broken Ankle]

Callahan didn't play another shift after he blocked the shot[broken Leg]

Just some examples as to why I don't believe it's a long term injury

That doesn't really mean a whole lot. Franzen scored a goal with a torn MCL last year. But the other things are good signs.

Guest CaliWingsNut

This is why I don't think it's a serious injury:

-He was able to skate off on his power

-He took 1 shift after the hit (Others say he didn't, but he clearly did, and then after that shift there was a stoppage as he went to the dressing room)

-He was able to get up after he got hurt without assistance

Those are just some of the things that I noticed when that all occurred.

Other Injuries and there circumstances:

Kopitar was not able to get up under his own power and had to be assisted off the ice. [broken Ankle]

Callahan didn't play another shift after he blocked the shot[broken Leg]

Just some examples as to why I don't believe it's a long term injury

Not to be a debbie downer, but Cleary took 2 shifts after breaking his ankle earlier this year.

MRI for Z just as I feared, most likely a tear in an MCL or such.

Yeah, I doubted people saying ankle, his knee looked to take the bad twist.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Not a sports medicine guy or anything obviously but since when did an MRI automatically mean a tear???

You guys are like the most pessimistic humans ever :lol:

Playing doctor is fun. Predicting failure is more fun.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest Crymson

MRI for Z just as I feared, most likely a tear in an MCL or such.

And how do you know this? Do you have the results in hand?

97.1 just reported that hes day-to-day and will not play in the weekend games, but babcock said he expects him to be ready for the playoffs.

Babcock wouldn't reveal the MRI results at the news conference

Zetterberg Update:

RT @CraigCustance: Zetterberg out final two games of the season but Mike Babcock expects him back for the playoffs. Says he's day to day.

RT @TomLeyden: No boot or anything on Zetterberg's leg - he did have MRI today. Limping, but as much as you'd expect with a tweaked ankle/foot

RT @DetroitRedWings: Babcock said he expects to have Zetterberg back for the playoffs. Won't say at what point that would be.

Via Facebook:

The Majors

NHL Red Wings News: According to WKRK the mood in the Red Wings locker room right now is that the Zetterberg injury will be a long one. Nothing has been confirmed and he is scheduled to have an MRI later this afternoon. Stay tuned to The Majors Detroit for more on this as it develops.

7 minutes ago

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Zetterberg Update:

RT @CraigCustance: Zetterberg out final two games of the season but Mike Babcock expects him back for the playoffs. Says he's day to day.

RT @TomLeyden: No boot or anything on Zetterberg's leg - he did have MRI today. Limping, but as much as you'd expect with a tweaked ankle/foot

RT @DetroitRedWings: Babcock said he expects to have Zetterberg back for the playoffs. Won't say at what point that would be.

Via Facebook:

The Majors

NHL Red Wings News: According to WKRK the mood in the Red Wings locker room right now is that the Zetterberg injury will be a long one. Nothing has been confirmed and he is scheduled to have an MRI later this afternoon. Stay tuned to The Majors Detroit for more on this as it develops.

7 minutes ago

One of these things is not like the other.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

From the Red Wings twitter:

"Zetterberg speaking to the media right now. No surgery needed. Injury isn't as bad as he first feared it would be."

That's nice but I want this in terms of how much pain he will feel and how it is going to affect him on day one of the playoffs.

A friend of mine who works at the joe just called me. She said that he was skating this morning, and was skating about full speed. She did note that he was not in full gear which would be expected but he looked good. Shes no idiot when it comes to hockey either so this is good news.

A friend of mine who works at the joe just called me. She said that he was skating this morning, and was skating about full speed. She did note that he was not in full gear which would be expected but he looked good. Shes no idiot when it comes to hockey either so this is good news.

You have the best news. I choose to believe YOU

best news all day