• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Zetterberg leaves against Carolina

Rate this topic

Can anyone get any screencaps of the injury? I want to see if it was his ankle or his knee, cause no one is sure. Initially, I thought it looked like his knee.

The reports say he was wearing a knee brace, but this could just be a clever ploy to hide his ankle injury. Which is it? Obviously it is not serious, but I think a high ankle sprain would be the worst (longest lingering) case. This happens when your ankle twists with the foot going outwards.

If it is a knee sprain, slap a brace on there, maybe some painkillers, and Z will be good to go. Hopefully it won't cause any long term damage playing on it.

If we play Chicago in the first round, we're going to need him. They have too much firepower and we'll have to match it. Not to mention, he's a great defensive forward.

Against some of the lesser skilled teams, he'd still be great to have, but not paramount. Those series would come down to goaltending and winning a battle of attrition.

Guest mjtm77

A friend of mine who works at the joe just called me. She said that he was skating this morning, and was skating about full speed. She did note that he was not in full gear which would be expected but he looked good. Shes no idiot when it comes to hockey either so this is good news.

on tsn they said he will not touch the skates till monday and they expect him to miss 1 round at least

If we play Chicago in the first round, we're going to need him. They have too much firepower and we'll have to match it. Not to mention, he's a great defensive forward.

Against some of the lesser skilled teams, he'd still be great to have, but not paramount. Those series would come down to goaltending and winning a battle of attrition.

Well then we are in deep trouble...

Howard vs. Quick

Howard vs. Rinne

Howard vs. Bryz

Uhoh :)

A friend of mine who works at the joe just called me. She said that he was skating this morning, and was skating about full speed. She did note that he was not in full gear which would be expected but he looked good. Shes no idiot when it comes to hockey either so this is good news.

Wouldn't the news report such a thing if it were true?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

This entire situation is shady as s*** and that's exactly how the Wings want it.

I saw an interview on the news tonight and Z was saying he doesn't know what the injury is :blink: all he said was it's a lower body injury. I think they're just playing the secret game they do during the playoffs so people can't take advantage of the injuries once a player returns.

ya i wouldnt write it if it werent true.

on tsn they said he will not touch the skates till monday and they expect him to miss 1 round at least

i guarantee all my credibility on this. she wouldnt lie to me about him skating.

Guest Crymson

Was Datsyuk "day to day" in 2009? I don't remember.

Datsyuk had a broken foot in 2009. That was not a day-to-day injury any more than a broken arm would be.

http://detnews.com/article/20110407/SPORTS0103/104070462/1128/rss16

Really nothing new to report. MRI results are not there. Extent of the injury is unknown. I guess we will see if he returns. I hope for a speedy recovery, because winning the cup takes health and the Wings have not had that on their side the last couple years.

I thought it was a Charley Horse??? Am I imagining stuff again? My Doctor wants me to keep a journal on this you know. :looney: :crazy::wacko:

I think that it was a broken foot.

It worries me that TSN said he is expected to miss round 1. I hope that doesn't mean this is a serious injury, but they will force him back in the later rounds.

Can anyone confirm what TSN said? I did not hear this, and the article on their website about the injury doesn't really give a timeline.

Datsyuk had a broken foot in 2009. That was not a day-to-day injury any more than a broken arm would be.

It was actually a Charley Horse that kept him out in 09'. He did have an ankel injury as well, and that's what the team played it off as. But the reason he was out in the finals actually had to do with the Charley Horse.

It was actually a Charley Horse that kept him out in 09'. He did have an ankel injury as well, and that's what the team played it off as. But the reason he was out in the finals actually had to do with the Charley Horse.

Glad to hear my meds are working. :hehe: I did dig this out just to verify.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/06/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_played.html

On topic. Maybe we should give some guys a rest. Is it really worth it to risk a key player, for what are really kind of meaningless games. Sure I'd like to finish above the Sharks and eliminate The Hawks all in 2 games. But is it really that important if we lose Pav, Nick, Mule, (add your crucial player here) to do so. Why take the chance. Call up our AHL goons and let them have at The Hawks. :punch: :boxing: Do we even have Cap room to bring a few guys up? :no2: Do we even have any goons? :no2: s***.

Glad to hear my meds are working. :hehe: I did dig this out just to verify.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/06/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_played.html

On topic. Maybe we should give some guys a rest. Is it really worth it to risk a key player, for what are really kind of meaningless games. Sure I'd like to finish above the Sharks and eliminate The Hawks all in 2 games. But is it really that important if we lose Pav, Nick, Mule, (add your crucial player here) to do so. Why take the chance. Call up our AHL goons and let them have at The Hawks. :punch: :boxing: Do we even have Cap room to bring a few guys up? :no2: Do we even have any goons? :no2: s***.

^ +5 for use of rarely used smileys.

oh ya, i agree with you. who cares if we lose these games. the only bad thing is that ill have to listen to this idiot girl i used to have my way with from chicago talk s*** all weekend.

Well, if Z is out for the first round then you'd think that the other players would really feel the urgency to step up their game and truly leave it all on the floor. Or in this case, ice. And their ability to play hard consistently has definitely been one of the biggest question marks this year.