• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Zetterberg leaves against Carolina

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I think that it was a broken foot.

It worries me that TSN said he is expected to miss round 1. I hope that doesn't mean this is a serious injury, but they will force him back in the later rounds.

Can anyone confirm what TSN said? I did not hear this, and the article on their website about the injury doesn't really give a timeline.

Where did you get this TSN stuff from?

It would? But Zetterberg isn't Canadian. Or North American.

TSN covers the NHL -- every team, every nationality -- in depth. If they had info that Z would miss the entire first round of the playoffs, it would not be the "lead" story on the late-night Sportcentre but it would almost certainly be played very prominently, right after they got through NHL game highlights and Masters coverage. The Wings are en elite team and injury to Z could have a huge impact on the entire playoff picture, and TSN knows that.

A little more info from Detroit Free Press:

Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg will miss the final two games of the regular season and will be day-to-day when the Stanley Cup playoffs start next week.

. . .

Zetterberg did not practice with the team today, and he wore a brace on his left knee when he spoke with reporters.

“Yesterday, we didn’t really know the (severity) of it,” Zetterberg said. “We just had to wait till today. I did an MRI, so it’s definitely — I will say it was better than I thought.”

The good news, Zetterberg said, is that no surgery is required — for whatever the injury might be. The bad news is that he didn’t feel great today.

Where did you get this TSN stuff from?

This is where I got it from:

on tsn they said he will not touch the skates till monday and they expect him to miss 1 round at least

I did not see this on TSN, I was asking if anyone else could confirm.

I picked a pretty crappy night to sit behind the bench. It was definitely his knee, and everyone seemed pretty grim about it. He didn't want to go straight to the tunnel without trying it out again, but after that he was done. Datsyuk's expression says it all:

dats.jpg

I think this team can still do it without him. Honestly, it seems that Datsyuk and Zetterberg always step up when the other is out and play their best then. My biggest concern is Hank's PK skills. Every year in the playoffs the Wings spend half their games killing 5 on 3s, which Zetterberg does better than anyone in the league. So basically my concern is without Zetterberg the Wings will have trouble overcoming the refs terrible calls.

I picked a pretty crappy night to sit behind the bench. It was definitely his knee, and everyone seemed pretty grim about it. He didn't want to go straight to the tunnel without trying it out again, but after that he was done. Datsyuk's expression says it all:

dats.jpg

This image just screams "I accept your challenge."

I think this team can still do it without him. Honestly, it seems that Datsyuk and Zetterberg always step up when the other is out and play their best then. My biggest concern is Hank's PK skills. Every year in the playoffs the Wings spend half their games killing 5 on 3s, which Zetterberg does better than anyone in the league. So basically my concern is without Zetterberg the Wings will have trouble overcoming the refs terrible calls.

We have The Speedy Helm for that now.

well what do you guys think? Will he miss all of round 1?

Based on what I've read from various sources, I'd say plan on it.

At this point I'm just hoping he's good enough to go for the beginning of round 2 (assuming we get there).

Edited by greenrebellion

Guest mjtm77

Z's a big loss, but if Franzen and Modano step up the way everyone believes they will when the playoffs roll around we'll be fine. Getting a fresh Zetterberg back in the 2nd round, should we make it that far, would be huge.

I dont know if he will be fresh....

Not to necro this horrible event here, but how are you guys feeling about this? I get a sickening feeling in my stomach it is a bit worse than they want to say but maybe it's just the pessimism from being on here everyday that is causing that :lol:

Just hope this isn't as bad as my brain is telling me, or something. We need Z horribly bad for this time of year.

Not to necro this horrible event here, but how are you guys feeling about this? I get a sickening feeling in my stomach it is a bit worse than they want to say but maybe it's just the pessimism from being on here everyday that is causing that :lol:

Just hope this isn't as bad as my brain is telling me, or something. We need Z horribly bad for this time of year.

I am not concerned about it. The Wings can win without him if they put forth the effort. Of course, to win the Stanley Cup, you have to have health and some puck luck as well. When Malhotra went down for Vancouver, the Canucks probably didn't feel too good about that, but they can still win without him in the lineup due to the depth they have. I believe in the Red Wings.

Guest stinky fish taco

if Franzen and Modano step up the way everyone believes they will when the playoffs roll around we'll be fine.

what exactly gives you the impression that modano will "step up"?

he's useless out there.