119 replies to this topic

#61 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

Zetterberg Update:

RT @CraigCustance: Zetterberg out final two games of the season but Mike Babcock expects him back for the playoffs. Says he's day to day.

RT @TomLeyden: No boot or anything on Zetterberg's leg - he did have MRI today. Limping, but as much as you'd expect with a tweaked ankle/foot

RT @DetroitRedWings: Babcock said he expects to have Zetterberg back for the playoffs. Won't say at what point that would be.

Via Facebook:

The Majors

NHL Red Wings News: According to WKRK the mood in the Red Wings locker room right now is that the Zetterberg injury will be a long one. Nothing has been confirmed and he is scheduled to have an MRI later this afternoon. Stay tuned to The Majors Detroit for more on this as it develops.

7 minutes ago

#62 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

Zetterberg Update:

RT @CraigCustance: Zetterberg out final two games of the season but Mike Babcock expects him back for the playoffs. Says he's day to day.

RT @TomLeyden: No boot or anything on Zetterberg's leg - he did have MRI today. Limping, but as much as you'd expect with a tweaked ankle/foot

RT @DetroitRedWings: Babcock said he expects to have Zetterberg back for the playoffs. Won't say at what point that would be.

Via Facebook:

The Majors

NHL Red Wings News: According to WKRK the mood in the Red Wings locker room right now is that the Zetterberg injury will be a long one. Nothing has been confirmed and he is scheduled to have an MRI later this afternoon. Stay tuned to The Majors Detroit for more on this as it develops.

7 minutes ago

One of these things is not like the other.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#63 CupChamps979802

CupChamps979802

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

From the Red Wings twitter:
"Zetterberg speaking to the media right now. No surgery needed. Injury isn't as bad as he first feared it would be."
Posted Image

#64 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

"Zetterberg speaking to the media right now. No surgery needed. Injury isn't as bad as he first feared it would be."

Thank God! :clap:

#65 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

MRI for Z just as I feared, most likely a tear in an MCL or such.

its tough to tear your MCL when its your ankle you hurt
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#66 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

That's nice but I want this in terms of how much pain he will feel and how it is going to affect him on day one of the playoffs.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#67 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

day to day usually becomes week to week for the wings

#68 paul19010

paul19010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

http://www.mlive.com..._miss_detr.html

this most recent mlive reports seems to indicate that its not too serious of an injury, but he is working out with a knee brace? thought it was his ankle?

#69 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

A friend of mine who works at the joe just called me. She said that he was skating this morning, and was skating about full speed. She did note that he was not in full gear which would be expected but he looked good. Shes no idiot when it comes to hockey either so this is good news.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#70 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

A friend of mine who works at the joe just called me. She said that he was skating this morning, and was skating about full speed. She did note that he was not in full gear which would be expected but he looked good. Shes no idiot when it comes to hockey either so this is good news.

You have the best news. I choose to believe YOU

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#71 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

Posted Image Did you guys get like this in regards to Pav's wrist injury? I want him back to play more than anyone but, it's an MRI. Those happen all the time in sports.

My goodness....
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#72 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

Good to hear it's nothing major.

#73 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

These reports are confusing. Which are true and which are false????

#74 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

I am pretty relieved, it doesn't really sound too bad. If anything Z gets to rest up a few days for the playoffs. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 MarineWIngsFan

MarineWIngsFan

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

best news all day

#76 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Can anyone get any screencaps of the injury? I want to see if it was his ankle or his knee, cause no one is sure. Initially, I thought it looked like his knee.

The reports say he was wearing a knee brace, but this could just be a clever ploy to hide his ankle injury. Which is it? Obviously it is not serious, but I think a high ankle sprain would be the worst (longest lingering) case. This happens when your ankle twists with the foot going outwards.

If it is a knee sprain, slap a brace on there, maybe some painkillers, and Z will be good to go. Hopefully it won't cause any long term damage playing on it.

#77 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

If we play Chicago in the first round, we're going to need him. They have too much firepower and we'll have to match it. Not to mention, he's a great defensive forward.

Against some of the lesser skilled teams, he'd still be great to have, but not paramount. Those series would come down to goaltending and winning a battle of attrition.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#78 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

on tsn they said he will not touch the skates till monday and they expect him to miss 1 round at least
Posted Image

#79 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

If we play Chicago in the first round, we're going to need him. They have too much firepower and we'll have to match it. Not to mention, he's a great defensive forward.

Against some of the lesser skilled teams, he'd still be great to have, but not paramount. Those series would come down to goaltending and winning a battle of attrition.

Well then we are in deep trouble...
Howard vs. Quick
Howard vs. Rinne
Howard vs. Bryz

Uhoh :)

#80 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Sigh... So which is it?