Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

According to the man himself, he could be "day to day to day to day."

Do not like.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#102 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

I think that it was a broken foot.

It worries me that TSN said he is expected to miss round 1. I hope that doesn't mean this is a serious injury, but they will force him back in the later rounds.

Can anyone confirm what TSN said? I did not hear this, and the article on their website about the injury doesn't really give a timeline.

Where did you get this TSN stuff from?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#103 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

That would be one of the lead stories on TSN if that were the case.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#104 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

That would be one of the lead stories on TSN if that were the case.

It would? But Zetterberg isn't Canadian. Or North American.

#105 paulwoodsfan

paulwoodsfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

It would? But Zetterberg isn't Canadian. Or North American.

TSN covers the NHL -- every team, every nationality -- in depth. If they had info that Z would miss the entire first round of the playoffs, it would not be the "lead" story on the late-night Sportcentre but it would almost certainly be played very prominently, right after they got through NHL game highlights and Masters coverage. The Wings are en elite team and injury to Z could have a huge impact on the entire playoff picture, and TSN knows that.

#106 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

A little more info from Detroit Free Press:

Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg will miss the final two games of the regular season and will be day-to-day when the Stanley Cup playoffs start next week.

. . .

Zetterberg did not practice with the team today, and he wore a brace on his left knee when he spoke with reporters.

“Yesterday, we didn’t really know the (severity) of it,” Zetterberg said. “We just had to wait till today. I did an MRI, so it’s definitely — I will say it was better than I thought.”

The good news, Zetterberg said, is that no surgery is required — for whatever the injury might be. The bad news is that he didn’t feel great today.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#107 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

No need to worry guys, we have Modano.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#108 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

This is where I got it from:

on tsn they said he will not touch the skates till monday and they expect him to miss 1 round at least

I did not see this on TSN, I was asking if anyone else could confirm.

#109 lecatpuke

lecatpuke

Adopted Wings Fanatic

• 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

I picked a pretty crappy night to sit behind the bench. It was definitely his knee, and everyone seemed pretty grim about it. He didn't want to go straight to the tunnel without trying it out again, but after that he was done. Datsyuk's expression says it all:

Posted Image

#110 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

" well s***, looks like it's all on me now"

#111 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

Jamie Samuelsen's blog: Henrik Zetterberg's injury is very, very worrisome

works every time

#112 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

I think this team can still do it without him. Honestly, it seems that Datsyuk and Zetterberg always step up when the other is out and play their best then. My biggest concern is Hank's PK skills. Every year in the playoffs the Wings spend half their games killing 5 on 3s, which Zetterberg does better than anyone in the league. So basically my concern is without Zetterberg the Wings will have trouble overcoming the refs terrible calls.

I picked a pretty crappy night to sit behind the bench. It was definitely his knee, and everyone seemed pretty grim about it. He didn't want to go straight to the tunnel without trying it out again, but after that he was done. Datsyuk's expression says it all:

Posted Image

This image just screams "I accept your challenge."
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#113 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

I think this team can still do it without him. Honestly, it seems that Datsyuk and Zetterberg always step up when the other is out and play their best then. My biggest concern is Hank's PK skills. Every year in the playoffs the Wings spend half their games killing 5 on 3s, which Zetterberg does better than anyone in the league. So basically my concern is without Zetterberg the Wings will have trouble overcoming the refs terrible calls.

We have The Speedy Helm for that now.

works every time

#114 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

well what do you guys think? Will he miss all of round 1?
Posted Image

#115 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

well what do you guys think? Will he miss all of round 1?

Based on what I've read from various sources, I'd say plan on it.

At this point I'm just hoping he's good enough to go for the beginning of round 2 (assuming we get there).

Edited by greenrebellion, 08 April 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#116 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

Z's a big loss, but if Franzen and Modano step up the way everyone believes they will when the playoffs roll around we'll be fine. Getting a fresh Zetterberg back in the 2nd round, should we make it that far, would be huge.

#NOMOREKINDL

#117 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

Z's a big loss, but if Franzen and Modano step up the way everyone believes they will when the playoffs roll around we'll be fine. Getting a fresh Zetterberg back in the 2nd round, should we make it that far, would be huge.

I dont know if he will be fresh....
Posted Image

#118 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

Not to necro this horrible event here, but how are you guys feeling about this? I get a sickening feeling in my stomach it is a bit worse than they want to say but maybe it's just the pessimism from being on here everyday that is causing that :lol:

Just hope this isn't as bad as my brain is telling me, or something. We need Z horribly bad for this time of year.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#119 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

Not to necro this horrible event here, but how are you guys feeling about this? I get a sickening feeling in my stomach it is a bit worse than they want to say but maybe it's just the pessimism from being on here everyday that is causing that :lol:

Just hope this isn't as bad as my brain is telling me, or something. We need Z horribly bad for this time of year.

I am not concerned about it. The Wings can win without him if they put forth the effort. Of course, to win the Stanley Cup, you have to have health and some puck luck as well. When Malhotra went down for Vancouver, the Canucks probably didn't feel too good about that, but they can still win without him in the lineup due to the depth they have. I believe in the Red Wings.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#120 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

if Franzen and Modano step up the way everyone believes they will when the playoffs roll around we'll be fine.

what exactly gives you the impression that modano will "step up"?

he's useless out there.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL