• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kook_10

Weekend Picks - Week 24

Rate this topic

can anyone name the past overall winners ? anyone win it more then once ?

Hooon

Kook_10

Aussie_Wing

before my time here but someone named NorthGuy ?

Edited by Dan Bylsma

WTF, I got second place this week?!?! Sweet!!! That's like a miracle for me! Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I got, considering I missed a ton of weekends. When I decided to pick back up, I had 10 or 11 points, and now I have 116, so yay!

Congrats, hooon! That is a sweet belt! Thanks to everybody who put this together - this was my first year, and I had a lot of fun! I'll definitely be back for the playoffs and next season!

Gee, some monster scores this week! And here I was thinking my 15 was a good score, turns out it’s on the lower end of the scale! I went for a few risks such as Chicago the double up today as I figured we’d lose AND no one would’ve gone against Detroit. Glad to get that one wrong though! :P I really slipped down the standings over the past few weeks, I was inside the top 10 for most of the season and I dropped down to 17th! Not good!

Huge thankyou to kook, I know how much time and effort this game takes, so thankyou for all your hard work throughout the season. :) And thanks to DB, who again chipped in, plus anyone else who helped out over the course of the season. The results always got posted in quick fashion and the neatly formatted standings were a great addition.

And lastly, congrats hoon, you were so consistent all season, thoroughly deserved win! :siren::clap: Look at your final three weeks, 16, 16, 18, massive finish!

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I really slipped down the standings over the past few weeks, I was inside the top 10 for most of the season and I dropped down to 17th! Not good!

[/quote

thanks Aussie_Wing,talking about slipping down,I caught the same bug that you did and at the same time.I noticed during the season you and I had similar methods in making our picks.I think after what happened the past 4 weeks I'm going to have to change that formula slightly.I've been stubborn to make changes in the past.

It's been a strange couple of weeks,I started out 11/12 this week and still hadn't gotten to my x2 pick yet and finished almost in last place lol

Hey guys - I had a couple ideas for tweaks next season - lemme know what you think. I thought maybe we could, in addition to picking your own double game, have a featured matchup every week (maybe the early HNIC game or something) that is also worth double, and also make Wings games double (forcing us to not just blindly every week). Maybe we could have separate awards for overall points, straight points, bonus picks too. This year we started with 87 players and ended with like 35. I figure the more bonus points are in the competition, the more we can keep players from being out of the running by the all star break.

thanks Aussie_Wing,talking about slipping down,I caught the same bug that you did and at the same time.I noticed during the season you and I had similar methods in making our picks.I think after what happened the past 4 weeks I'm going to have to change that formula slightly.I've been stubborn to make changes in the past.

It's been a strange couple of weeks,I started out 11/12 this week and still hadn't gotten to my x2 pick yet and finished almost in last place lol

I'm not going overboard when I say that over the past 10 weeks, I don't think I'd have a 20% strike rate on my x2 game. It's cost me big time, it's an easy way to get an extra point, and I virtually threw it away every week.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I really slipped down the standings over the past few weeks, I was inside the top 10 for most of the season and I dropped down to 17th! Not good!

My guess would be that you don't need to make many changes, just give more consideration to playoff position. Teams secured will rest, those with any hope of making it play lights out, etc.

3rd!? Way better than I though I'd end up! These last few weeks were good to me and made me climb the standings :)

Congrats hoon! Man that was a close win. Without the drop 2 rule it would be a dead tie between you and GoWings1905! Consistancy is key ;)

Big thanks to kook and everyone else who helps out with this.

Hey guys - I had a couple ideas for tweaks next season - lemme know what you think. I thought maybe we could' date=' in addition to picking your own double game, have a featured matchup every week (maybe the early HNIC game or something) that is also worth double, and also make Wings games double (forcing us to not just blindly every week). Maybe we could have separate awards for overall points, straight points, bonus picks too. This year we started with 87 players and ended with like 35. I figure the more bonus points are in the competition, the more we can keep players from being out of the running by the all star break.

[/quote']

Well I don't think you should make it too complicated, the possibility of up to 4 double-point games may be a bit much? That's just my opinion, I like the format the way it is now. It's true though that it would be great if more people could be involved and have a chance to win it even if they've missed a couple of weeks or join later in the season... what about making the "x2" optional, and if you choose to use it you can go -1 if you pick wrong? Something to give a bit of risk/reward to the picks?

Great idea to have "awards" too. Like "Highest Score In One Weekend" and stuff like that.

Well I don't think you should make it too complicated, the possibility of up to 4 double-point games may be a bit much? That's just my opinion, I like the format the way it is now. It's true though that it would be great if more people could be involved and have a chance to win it even if they've missed a couple of weeks or join later in the season... what about making the "x2" optional, and if you choose to use it you can go -1 if you pick wrong? Something to give a bit of risk/reward to the picks?

Great idea to have "awards" too. Like "Highest Score In One Weekend" and stuff like that.

I agree 100% with dat's Sick (above), -1 if you pick wrong,I believe that was my idea when aussie first went to the double up game. If you had a penalty for picking wrong you could also give the people the option of not picking a double up game so there would be no risk for the timid :-) But with that said IMO it would be a close call whether to make any change at all.......

If you wanted to keep more people participating would doing a drop "3" like what aussie_wing did cause more people to stay encouraged to stay in the contest ?

great come from behind victory hooon !

Gowings1905,great season,you've been one of the elite few the past couple of years.I remember 3 first place finishes in a row by you last season,awesome !

The high scores really surprised me of all weeks with intensities of the teams hard to figure

Thanks! I don't think any team cost me more points this season than the Red Wings and I of course ended up second with the loss to Chicago. I forgive them, but they better make it right on Wednesday. Also, thank you for all of your help here the past couple seasons. I know you are always here to fill in and total the scores and it is appreciated.

WOOHOO! I won something! Sweet belt! Thanks to the WINGS for winning today and getting me the win!

Thanks guys for the congrats, it was a fun finish for sure. Good job Gowings, it could have gone either way at the end. HUGE thanks to kook for putting this together and taking the time to do it every week!

LGW!

Thank you and congratulations on winning! Well deserved and a great finish on the final day of the final weekend. You had a great year.

3rd!? Way better than I though I'd end up! These last few weeks were good to me and made me climb the standings :)

Congrats hoon! Man that was a close win. Without the drop 2 rule it would be a dead tie between you and GoWings1905! Consistancy is key ;)

Big thanks to kook and everyone else who helps out with this.

I also like this idea.