• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#41 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

No surprise that the Hawks are getting favors from the league, they don't want that franchise to be one of 5 teams to fail to defend their Cup. Can't have that now, can we <_< .
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#42 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

So where is the video of this goal from the camera in the net?

Posted Image

#43 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

Blues better win in regulation.

So where is the video of this goal from the camera in the net?

Only a very few amount of games have cameras in the net, those usually are for nationally televised games only, and it was a local feed being rebroadcast nationally.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#44 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Blues better win in regulation.

Only a very few amount of games have cameras in the net, those usually are for nationally televised games only, and it was a local feed being rebroadcast nationally.

You'd think the NHL would cough up the extra money and have these installed for all the teams, especially for calls like these.

Posted Image

#45 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

At least St. Louis tied it.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#46 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

Worst call in the history of the NHL

Absolute disgrace to have this counted after video review in Toronto, obviously kicked in and quite obvious it never crossed the line. Honestly, it's a conspiracy, what else can you say.

Horrible, horrible call.

#47 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

Disgusting call, I don't know what else to say about it. I'm one of those people who don't believe in conspiracies, and that the league makes mistakes but doesn't affect the outcome of a game, but it's plays like this that make me think differently.

#48 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:39 PM

Chicago got their point, going to OT... lame.

Posted Image

#49 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

So?!?! They still gave Chicago a point, and they could still walk with two. The NHL should be ashamed.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#50 pazzloski

pazzloski

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

So what exactly is the point of video review?

#51 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

So what exactly is the point of video review?

Who knows, but Chicago won. Bulls***.

#52 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

And there it is. NHL gives the hawks 2 points

#53 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

I want phone numbers of people in the NHL, anyone got access to them? Because that goal is bulls***. I want to complain on the phone to someone with at least Vice President in their title.

#54 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

******* sickening.

Posted Image

#55 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

I want phone numbers of people in the NHL, anyone got access to them? Because that goal is bulls***. I want to complain on the phone to someone with at least Vice President in their title.

GET 'EM!

#56 zackisonfire

zackisonfire

Rookie

• Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

That just made me sick to myf****** stomach. St. Louis played an honest game but to no avail.

Somebody PLEASE photoshop the trollface on to the blackhawks logo for me. Please, please, please.

#57 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

i hope the wings crush them the next two games and the stars win out, you know the stars will get some horrible reffing against them
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#58 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

I'm glad I'm not a Flames fan, because I'd be crazy angry.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#59 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

i hope the wings crush them the next two games and the stars win out, you know the stars will get some horrible reffing against them

I doubt that will happen. Be ready to get jobbed by the refs in the next two games.

Posted Image

#60 mahimahi23

mahimahi23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hossa definitely kicked the puck, which hit the post and rolled across the line to the other post, and was swept back by Legace, possibly without the puck ever crossing the line. He might have tapped it with his stick (thus negating the kicking motion), and Sobotka might have touched it as well.

The problem is that the ref on the ice (Good ole' Dan O'Halloran) signaled goal. Which means the War Room would have needed indisputable evidence of two things to overturn the goal. 1 - That the puck conclusively did not cross the line, and 2 - That neither Hossa, Sobotka, Polak or Legace touched the puck after it was kicked by Hossa but before it crossed the line.

The replays that I've seen suggest that no one touched it, and that the puck did not completely cross the line. But there's a difference between suggesting something and proving it.

Good post.

It was a questionable call, no doubt. And we may have gotten a break, but you people with your conspiracy theories are hilarious. It was one goal that made it 2-1. It wasnt the goal to win it, it was still 3-3 in overtime, but you think the refs GAVE us this game, and did this so we make the playoffs? What a joke.

The call on the ice was a goal, and there was not one replay that showed conclusivly that the puck didnt go in the net, so they couldnt overturn it. I did think they were going to disallow it because of the kicking motion, but maybe they seen somthing I didnt IE someone else hitting it, it was hard to tell.