• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#141 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

These are the plays that give me nightmares when trying to explain the rules of hockey to my son.

#142 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

Normally I'm all for Hossa scoring, but this didn't even go IN the net.

It didn't look like he kicked it on purpose. But then you can't say it was kicked in because, again, it didn't even go in the net. This is a terrible, terrible call. Leave it to O'Halloran to screw it up. <_<
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#143 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

The best angle:

Posted Image

I kinda see the puck waffling on edge near the far post....(behind Conklin) If it was on edge over the goal line that is a goal is it not?
And if Hossa wanted to kick it in the net he had a ass-load of space.. was the kicking motion toward the net?

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 07 April 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#144 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

What I don't understand is, why do we study physics in highschool and college if we can't put what we learn to use? So just because the video doesn't show whether a stick did or didn't hit the puck, we're supposed to completely ignore physics in this situation? The puck was on the line the entire time, and it's clear as day. If ANYTHING touches that puck, it is going to cross that line in one direction or another. I do not need a video showing me that something made contact with that puck, because I was taught at least some physics in school.

Note: I am not going off on you or anything. I am just furious with the league for this call, because it's just disgusting. And I understand what you're saying, that it's what the NHL is basing their ruling on, and thats why I'm making the comment I made.

Wait physics can be used in the real world :yowza: The problem with instant replay is the use of logic.

#145 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:58 AM

I don't agree with this at all, and I'll explain why. You can see it best in that slow motion video posted earlier in this thread. It couldn't be more clear, that Conk's glove is swooping in from the back and drags his glove outwards. At no point of that video, do you see Conk's glove stopping on top of that puck, dragging it in and back out. It's one solid motion.

The video does not show conclusively that the puck did not cross the line. We can infer and speculate but that is not how the rule is written. If conclusive video proof does not exist then the call on the ice stands. I understand that there is a 99% likelihood that the puck never crossed the line and I don't think it did but that 1% still exists and that's what the ref on the ice prescribed to.

I kinda see the puck waffling on edge near the far post....(behind Conklin) If it was on edge over the goal line that is a goal is it not?
And if Hossa wanted to kick it in the net he had a ass-load of space.. was the kicking motion toward the net?

It would not be a goal because the last deliberate action on the puck was the kick by Hossa. It doesn't matter if the kicking motion was towards the net or not. If the puck enters the net as a result of a kicking motion then it is not a goal.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#146 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

2 out of Hossa's last 3 teams this is a goal. I'll let you take a guess as to which one it isn't a goal for ;)

Honestly though, if anyone thinks the NHL actually HAD credibility before this is just being foolish. This only confirms it and truly makes me sick to my stomach.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#147 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

Blues goalie Ty Conklin on #Blackhawks’ reviewed goal: “Do we really have to make it that obvious that the league wants them in?”

http://www.kuklaskor...goal._or_is_it/

Love it. Although we can expect Conks to get fined for that.

Reading a bit on HFBoards - even the majority of Chicago fans are in shock. A poster copied/pasted a few comments from the Chicago board - 3/4 of them were along the lines of "Wow, we got a major gift there".

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#148 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

2 out of Hossa's last 3 teams this is a goal. I'll let you take a guess as to which one it isn't a goal for ;)

Honestly though, if anyone thinks the NHL actually HAD credibility before this is just being foolish. This only confirms it and truly makes me sick to my stomach.

What bothers me even more is that I'll still be watching NHL...

Tried to jump off the hook two times already. First time after game 5 of SCF in 2008, then after 2009 final series. I can't. There are no alternatives even with such kind of biased officiating. Looks like I'm the perfect fan of this new NHL.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#149 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

Ok, heres my issue...

To anyone (mostly hawks fans on other forums) saying call on ice was a goal and it was inconclusive so it remained a goal.

Does this ring a bell?
Call was NO goal, review was inconclusive, yet reversed.

#150 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Ok, heres my issue...

To anyone (mostly hawks fans on other forums) saying call on ice was a goal and it was inconclusive so it remained a goal.

Does this ring a bell?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9pj2GNd_Zs

IF I think about both of these events at the same time... well it just makes my head explode.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#151 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Are we really all that surprised....

If this hasn't been the trend since the 08 finals... Watching some of the calls in the 08 finals and the entire 09 Playoffs in favor of a certain team. Then Last year with certain calls going for another certain team, both ended up leading the team to a Stanley cup. Of course the NHL wants the Hawks to "Defend their Cup." Yes, I think its going to be a pretty miserable attempt. Let em make it get a lower draft pick and embarrassed by some team in the playoffs. Just hope they face Vancouver I think they want to make a statement. Let em make it against the Hawks and not the entire playoff run. The NHL is about ratings, and if that means hurting the reputation of the league to the fans that aren't going any where because they love the sport, to bring more fans in and more money. The league will do it.

crash

#152 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Ok, heres my issue...

Does this ring a bell?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9pj2GNd_Zs

One situation does not create the rule for all other situations. We don't need videos to know that the NHL is inconsistent in just about everything it does.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#153 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

Just watched the video, what a horrible call. But I guess you can just look at the Chicago game against the Wings and see how much the Refs helped them out. I mean when the kick is that obvious like that you know that the NHL is rigged.

Edited by MGreenberg, 07 April 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#154 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Maybe one of the War Room guys had money on the game. That is the only logical explanation.

#155 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

Maybe one of the War Room guys had money on the game. That is the only logical explanation.

Maybe he and Turco went splitzies on the game :lol:
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#156 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Turco War Room Rules!

#157 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

Attached File  Hawks Win.jpg   69.75KB   59 downloads

#158 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

Turco War Room Rules!

Post of the day.

#159 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

These people are so incompetent sometimes it's more funny than anger from me.

#160 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

The best angle:

Posted Image

You can clearly see Hossa whiff and the reason the puck has a miniscule chance in trajectory is because it bounced off the post rolling on it's side before wobbling and leveling off.

Both Hossa and Sharp have stated they did not believe it was a goal.

That's the thing; you can't. More than half of his stick his hidden from view by his leg when it would be hitting the puck. If he even nicks the very edge of the puck in that moment, it's still a goal. While you say that he said he didn't think it was a goal, it's not conclusive evidence and was called a goal on ice. But he sure thought it was a goal when it happened.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."