• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sparty13

Gordie Howe Hartford Sweater

Rate this topic

In the market for one. Researched online and most are around $150.00. Does anyone know which site is the best? I don't want to order one n get a screen printed or poor quality jersey.

Also, most of them say his full name on the back. I know he only played one year but did he ever play on Hartford with just "Howe" on the back? I'd prefer that.

Thanks in advance guys.

Guest CaliWingsNut

In the market for one. Researched online and most are around $150.00. Does anyone know which site is the best? I don't want to order one n get a screen printed or poor quality jersey.

Also, most of them say his full name on the back. I know he only played one year but did he ever play on Hartford with just "Howe" on the back? I'd prefer that.

Thanks in advance guys.

His full name is on the back because, the one season he played with Hartford, he played with his sons. I'm hoping you knew that.

Ha yes I do know that but since they were named Mark n Marty I figured Gordie would have the first initial. I've also seen just "Howe" on the back on google image.

All the game photos of him skating that I have seen in the Hartford jersey say "GORDIE HOWE" on the back. There are some "HOWE" jerseys floating around out there, but they are all in frames and signed, could have been promo or replicas. The story of him going to Hartford was to play with his sons. I highly doubt he ever wore a jersey that just said "HOWE" in a game. I may be wrong. ANYWAY, why would you not want his full name on it? That is SO COOL. Oh, and if you get the 91-92 jersey, make sure you get the 75th NHL patch on it too. Much cooler.

Here's a little clip of Gordie in a Whalers sweater. It clearly shows "Gordie Howe" on the back. Just as it did when he played for The Aeros, also.

My feelings are to make the sweater as "authentic" as possible, that you need to put both first and last name on it, as that is how it was when he played.

On a side note: ( They need to put Mark Howe in the HHOF. He belongs there, dammit. :ranting: )