• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Riley Sheahan - ESPN 2 Tonight

Rate this topic

Is he old enough?

As long as you haven't suited up in the CHL you can play in the AHL. Hence Tatar was able to. If Sheahan was signed last year he could have been an 18 year old in the AHL. Pulu and Jarnkrok could have played this past season in the AHL since they haven't been in the CHL.

As long as you haven't suited up in the CHL you can play in the AHL. Hence Tatar was able to. If Sheahan was signed last year he could have been an 18 year old in the AHL. Pulu and Jarnkrok could have played this past season in the AHL since they haven't been in the CHL.

Yes but he was drafted by the OHL which makes him ineligible I'm pretty sure. While a Canadian Junior team holds your rights you cannot move to the AHL

Hunwick is a BEAST. f*** which announcer was it that keep saying well the Sioux area a much better team, blah blah blah every twenty seconds? After a while it was like ok, I ******* get it but GO BLUE.

Now onto the Finals.

Edited by MGreenberg

As i read and hear more and more about this kid i want him on the wings more and more. I havent seen him play myself, but it sounds like hes a big body with skill from what everyone has been saying. It excites me to see the wings get a guy like that, though considering hes so young and considering the organization he is playing in, we probably wont see him for quite some time. Does anyone have any videos of him or highlight reels? Id love to see it first hand.

Guest Heaten

Sheahan has a long ways to go.

He didn't look that good at all tonight. Even the commentators said Sheahan wasn't good. When he wasn't in the penalty box, he was on the ice making bad turnovers and giving the puck up. He did look strong along the boards, but when he got the puck at center ice, he looked lost and didn't know what to do with it. His mental collapses and poor decision making reminds me of Bertuzzi. Sheahan only had 5 goals in 39 games. I'm ready to call him a bust, but he doesn't look like a 1st round pick either. Hope he proves me wrong.

He wears number 4 and this could be 99% of you to get your first looks at him.

Am I the only person who noticed that live streams for the ND Irish playoff games were linked to on the ND Athletics website? I've been lucky enough to catch a few games that way. He's pretty responsible out there and seems to be happy enough taking charge on the PP or PK when asked to. Looked like he's one of those kids who play well within a coach's system and watches the white board during time-outs. He appeared to have a good head for the game. That's about all I could tell. I'm not exactly a talented hockey scout. :lol:

Yes but he was drafted by the OHL which makes him ineligible I'm pretty sure. While a Canadian Junior team holds your rights you cannot move to the AHL

Doesn't matter. Tatar had CHL rights. As long as you aren't in the CHL and haven't played in the CHL, you can play in the AHL.

Sheahan has a long ways to go.

He didn't look that good at all tonight. Even the commentators said Sheahan wasn't good. When he wasn't in the penalty box, he was on the ice making bad turnovers and giving the puck up. He did look strong along the boards, but when he got the puck at center ice, he looked lost and didn't know what to do with it. His mental collapses and poor decision making reminds me of Bertuzzi. Sheahan only had 5 goals in 39 games. I'm ready to call him a bust, but he doesn't look like a 1st round pick either. Hope he proves me wrong.

I didn't manage to catch the game tonight. But I can tell you why he's a first round pick-- he walked into the draft with the body of a 20+ year old player ready to play at least NHL hockey (physically) and has the raw talent to be an impact player of some variety. The thing is-- if you can play as well as he can defensively and have (nearly) the body of a pro at draft time it doesn't take a lot to push you higher up the board when it comes to talent. Same effect that allows the Wings to steal small guys with tons of talent but bean-pole bodies. As you know-- GMs aren't big fans of taking a risk in early rounds.

Really from what I saw is a player trying to do too much. His team overall was not playing well, the passing wasn't crisp and they had no puck control. That said he doesn't seem like a dynamic player that you would hope, but he's still young and had several good chances. The talent is there, he just needs some guidance. He was very good away from the puck, you can definitely see him display the effort and skill to be a very good defensive player, but with the puck he wasn't making the best decisions, he did have some nice shots, but had very few good passes. Not sure if that's more of a team problem or not, because it looked like ND was beaten to every loose puck and couldn't pass it 10 feet to each without it going into someone's skates for a turnover.

While he wasn't eye opening and electrifying you could definitely see why he was drafted by the Red Wings, he played into the team's system, put in effort, and was extremely good away from the puck. I think he's the type of player that once he gains some confidence and has a good coach and role he could explode. He will be the type of player that if he can excel in the AHL, his game should translate very well to the NHL.

Doesn't matter. Tatar had CHL rights. As long as you aren't in the CHL and haven't played in the CHL, you can play in the AHL.

Hmm I really thought that was something to do with Tatar already playing pro hockey or something so he was allowed to do that but I'mm wrong I guess.

I think Sheahan plays one more year at Notre Dame and if he still isn't producing something will be done, that will be his third year of college hockey so the wings usually take their guys out at that point anyways, he will just be a year younger than most are when they get taken out of college.

Notre Dame as a whole didn't look that great yesterday but I did like some of what I saw from Sheahan. We have got at least an unreal, 3rd line, shut down centerman that is big and physical. The talent is there that he wont be a complete dud offensively I think. At his peak potential we have a scoring line center, who is a big hitter and can put up points. He is definitely the powerforward the wings have been looking for and needed for a long time, hes only 19 and hes already huge, wouldn't surprise me to see him hit 6'3, 235 pounds, maybe even heavier than that.