• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

Thorne yes, Melrose isn't too bad, but I'd prefer Clement over him.

I like all three of them and I miss them. I still remember the espn hockey theme song, with Thorne and Clement coming up. Goosebumps every time. :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#22 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

another sheahan penalty..
Posted Image

#23 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

Wow what a goal.

Hopefully Sheahan can will his team to victory down the stretch. Let's see how he does.

#24 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

Sucks for Riley, but it's always nice to see Notre Dame lose. In anything.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#25 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

do we bring sheahan to GR next year?

#26 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Is he old enough?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#27 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

No way, he will get at least one more year.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#28 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

Looks like the Wolverines are a decent sized underdog.

Game about to start...

Lets go Blue!

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

Is he old enough?

i've got no idea what the rules are. i've only been watching hockey for 2-3 years. he's 19 right now.

#30 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Michigan scores!

1-0!

Just seconds after they hit the crossbar...

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

Is he old enough?

As long as you haven't suited up in the CHL you can play in the AHL. Hence Tatar was able to. If Sheahan was signed last year he could have been an 18 year old in the AHL. Pulu and Jarnkrok could have played this past season in the AHL since they haven't been in the CHL.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#32 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

As long as you haven't suited up in the CHL you can play in the AHL. Hence Tatar was able to. If Sheahan was signed last year he could have been an 18 year old in the AHL. Pulu and Jarnkrok could have played this past season in the AHL since they haven't been in the CHL.

Yes but he was drafted by the OHL which makes him ineligible I'm pretty sure. While a Canadian Junior team holds your rights you cannot move to the AHL

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#33 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Yes but he was drafted by the OHL which makes him ineligible I'm pretty sure. While a Canadian Junior team holds your rights you cannot move to the AHL

Didn't the Plymouth Whalers have Tatar's rights?

#34 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Michigan with the ENG! Its 2-0!

35.4 seconds left.

This is a pretty big upset.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hunwick is a BEAST. f*** which announcer was it that keep saying well the Sioux area a much better team, blah blah blah every twenty seconds? After a while it was like ok, If****** get it but GO BLUE.

Now onto the Finals.

Edited by MGreenberg, 07 April 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#36 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:01 PM

As i read and hear more and more about this kid i want him on the wings more and more. I havent seen him play myself, but it sounds like hes a big body with skill from what everyone has been saying. It excites me to see the wings get a guy like that, though considering hes so young and considering the organization he is playing in, we probably wont see him for quite some time. Does anyone have any videos of him or highlight reels? Id love to see it first hand.

#37 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

Sheahan has a long ways to go.

He didn't look that good at all tonight. Even the commentators said Sheahan wasn't good. When he wasn't in the penalty box, he was on the ice making bad turnovers and giving the puck up. He did look strong along the boards, but when he got the puck at center ice, he looked lost and didn't know what to do with it. His mental collapses and poor decision making reminds me of Bertuzzi. Sheahan only had 5 goals in 39 games. I'm ready to call him a bust, but he doesn't look like a 1st round pick either. Hope he proves me wrong.

#38 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

He wears number 4 and this could be 99% of you to get your first looks at him.

Am I the only person who noticed that live streams for the ND Irish playoff games were linked to on the ND Athletics website? I've been lucky enough to catch a few games that way. He's pretty responsible out there and seems to be happy enough taking charge on the PP or PK when asked to. Looked like he's one of those kids who play well within a coach's system and watches the white board during time-outs. He appeared to have a good head for the game. That's about all I could tell. I'm not exactly a talented hockey scout. :lol:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#39 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

Doesn't matter. Tatar had CHL rights. As long as you aren't in the CHL and haven't played in the CHL, you can play in the AHL.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#40 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

Sheahan has a long ways to go.

He didn't look that good at all tonight. Even the commentators said Sheahan wasn't good. When he wasn't in the penalty box, he was on the ice making bad turnovers and giving the puck up. He did look strong along the boards, but when he got the puck at center ice, he looked lost and didn't know what to do with it. His mental collapses and poor decision making reminds me of Bertuzzi. Sheahan only had 5 goals in 39 games. I'm ready to call him a bust, but he doesn't look like a 1st round pick either. Hope he proves me wrong.

I didn't manage to catch the game tonight. But I can tell you why he's a first round pick-- he walked into the draft with the body of a 20+ year old player ready to play at least NHL hockey (physically) and has the raw talent to be an impact player of some variety. The thing is-- if you can play as well as he can defensively and have (nearly) the body of a pro at draft time it doesn't take a lot to push you higher up the board when it comes to talent. Same effect that allows the Wings to steal small guys with tons of talent but bean-pole bodies. As you know-- GMs aren't big fans of taking a risk in early rounds.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft