• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

commadore183

Raffi Torres suspended 4 games

Rate this topic

Definitely a hit to the head, but I didn't think it was dirty by any means. I hate all these head hits that are happening when guys are stretching out to get a puck or leaning over in some fashion and contact to the head is unfortunately made. Keep yer head up boy.

Guest Crymson

I can see that.

This one may not have been terribly dirty but he owes the NHL for his previous cheap shots on Williams and Helm.

I've never thought that the hit on Williams was illegal.

Definitely a hit to the head, but I didn't think it was dirty by any means. I hate all these head hits that are happening when guys are stretching out to get a puck or leaning over in some fashion and contact to the head is unfortunately made. Keep yer head up boy.

Blindside hit. Suspendable.

I would give it zero games (very similar to Bertuzzi's recent hit)... Wouldn't gripe much over 1 or 2.

2 + 2 playoff games is ridiculous.

Edited by egroen

It was Torres. Therefore, it was intentional.

Blindside hit. Suspendable.

Just b/c it's blindside doesn't make is suspendable. Blindside hits where the principle point of contact is the head are suspendable. This hit falls under that category so there isn't much argument. I just don't agree with how aggressive they started nailing people for stuff that was unintentional. I don't care for Torres, or the Canucks, so I could really care less, but it's the integrity of the game that is at stake.

It's like Bert's hit. Luckily he didn't get suspended, but I don't see how the NHL got that right. In that instance, Tuzzi could have laid him out but slowed down and turned to lessen the impact. It was Johnson who made a weird move to avoid the check and put himself in a bad position to take a hit and ended putting his head in the open. On a lesser note, even the Abdelkader hit a few games back was a BS call.

so is it ok to use your elbow as long as it is tucked? It looked legit to me but Hossa's goal looked like it was no good, so my view of the legalities in the NHL and the front offices are vastly different

See now clean hits get suspensions, what did I tell everyone? They should just ban hitting now rather than making a mockery of hitting

Right. Because running around braining guys is just good clean hockey.

It's funny how most of these suspendible hits keep happening to guys with a history of dirty play. Coincidence I guess.

Cracking down on these hits shouldn't take it out of the game. What it hopefully will do is that players will make sure they can actually contact the body when they throw a check. When you come flying in on an angle perpendicular to the guy you're trying to hit, there's a really good chance you're going to miss his body and just clip a head. Especially if you throw a shoulder or elbow. Hitting is playing the body. Not the head.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest Shoreline

It's a dirty hit.. can't feel bad even though I don't like these new rules. Don't agree with the length, but then again I think a penalty alone would have been justifiable.

Edited by Shoreline

Right. Because running around braining guys is just good clean hockey.

It's funny how most of these suspendible hits keep happening to guys with a history of dirty play. Coincidence I guess.

Cracking down on these hits shouldn't take it out of the game. What it hopefully will do is that players will make sure they can actually contact the body when they throw a check. When you come flying in on an angle perpendicular to the guy you're trying to hit, there's a really good chance you're going to miss his body and just clip a head. Especially if you throw a shoulder or elbow. Hitting is playing the body. Not the head.

It was a clean hit, i hate torres as everyone else, but there was nothing wrong with it, plays like that though brutal are part of the sport

It was a clean hit, i hate torres as everyone else, but there was nothing wrong with it, plays like that though brutal are part of the sport

I'm sorry, but there was absolutely nothing clean about that hit. The worse part about it for me was that it wasn't one of those unfortunate head contact that can happen because everything happens so fast. In this situation, Torres appeared to have so much time to be able line up the hit properly.

I would have been in agreement with 2 games. I have a feeling they just tacked on the other 2 for two reasons.

1) Torres' reputation as a cheapshotting *****.

2) To set a tone for the playoffs that the headshot rules still apply during the playoffs, and depending on who you are, or whom you play for, you may get suspended if you choose to go headhunting.

See now clean hits get suspensions, what did I tell everyone? They should just ban hitting now rather than making a mockery of hitting

:lol: Yeah this was a real hockey play. Dear God don't take away our blindside charges intended to injure rather than make a play on the puck. :rolleyes:

SOMEONE CALL CHICKEN LITTLE!

:lol: Yeah this was a real hockey play. Dear God don't take away our blindside charges intended to injure rather than make a play on the puck. :rolleyes:

SOMEONE CALL CHICKEN LITTLE!

that wasn't a charge or a blindside, any body who plays hockey knows a hit is coming in that situation, you don't be an idiot and reach for a puck like that, lets just ban hitting and get it over with, in 10 years hitting a guy harder than just rubbing him out is going to be seen as cheap, that was as real of a hockey play as it gets and it has been in the game for decades, thanks for showing no knowledge of hockey, and thanks for being one of the idiots complaining about physicality and ruining the sport.

I'm sorry, but there was absolutely nothing clean about that hit. The worse part about it for me was that it wasn't one of those unfortunate head contact that can happen because everything happens so fast. In this situation, Torres appeared to have so much time to be able line up the hit properly.

how would he have hit him "properly" eberle was so low that torres would have had to slide across the ice and clip him not ot hit his head, he could have hipchecked him in the head, i don't know how people can say something this retarded

I don't think there was really anything against the hockey rules in that hit. Despite the "intent to injury" part. Torres is a mumbling idiot if he doesn't realize that hitting someone's head like that can cause a serious injury. The fact that Eberle put himself in a vulnerable position is no excuse for Torres. He should've let up. "A good hockey play" is no excuse for behaviour where you know you have a good chance to break someone's neck. No matter how much your arms are tucked in or how much the other player should've kept his head up.

It wasn't clever at all from Eberle to lean like that, he should know the risks, but Torres was reckless. Outside hockey rink when you try to injure someone they put you in prison. That shouldn't be any different inside the rink no matter how "good old hockey" it was. I enjoy physical hockey and clean hard hits can be beautiful, but I'm not a fan of violence. Hockey is a dangerous sport and players should know how much damage they can cause if they don't control themselves all the time. No matter how emotional they get during the game all the players should know that they are also human beings responsible of each other.