• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/8 GDT: Blackhawks 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Too bad fil cant lift a puck, that would've been a huge goal at the end there. Im not sure how anyone can blame howard, yeah he can make some saves but those are some HORRID turnovers.

This thread should be funny once the playoffs start. I can't believe anyone would think the wings would have cared about this game. Stop being so naive.

Just because this game has no real-world consequences for the Wings, doesn't mean it gives them license to bend over and grab their ankles. You can play a meaningless game but still ******* play the damn game.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

This game is so bad that Murph went from being drunk to sober in one period.

So I have this buddy who lives a few doors down from me, who stopped watching the NHL for the NBA during the lock out, hasn't watched a game since. I've been nagging him for the past couple weeks now to watch hockey over basketball again, and making comments about how hockey is much more entertaining than that snoozefest of NBA. Finally talked him into watching today's game, since I expected it to be a really good/important game for reasons we all know. So we order a pizza, grab some beers, watch the first period. Needless to say, I'm never going to hear the end of it. He is now watching the Pistons on FSN+, and I had to come back home to watch these last two periods while he's laughing and texting me about how much of a "snoozefest" this was.

Anyways, I still think we can take this game. They started to wake up during the end of the first, but the need to play much harder and get a quick goal.

81 games into the season and Babcock is still being retarded! I am sick and tired of seeing Stuart be slow with Lidstrom and Ericson be s*** with Rafi... for God's sake put together Lidstrom and Rafalski!!! It is no coincidence that the team's BRUTAL defense we have seen started THIS YEAR (when since the beginning Babs refused to put them together). I don't know what it is, but the team plays together when they are together, and Stuart is just too damn slow to play with Nick.

Also, take Franzen off the line with Datsyuk it is just a waste of freakin time. I think Babcock should try putting Modano with Datsyuk because we need all cylinders going with Hank out and Modano could become very effective with Pavs; something Franzen seems incapable of doing.

Homer- Datsyuk- Modano

Hudler- Filpulla- Franzen

Bertuzzi- Abdelkator- Cleary

Eaves- Helm- Miller/Draper

Homer is just useless unless he is on Pavs' line, so might as well put him there. Franzen is is too slow for Pavs... Modano could be a nice fit and since they are down 3-0, they got nothing else to lose imo

:rolleyes:

I'd also like to take this opportunity to add that Bertuzzi has had a fantastic game. He truly is the heart and soul of this hockey team and I can scarcely imagine their record if they were without him. I do hereby declare on this date, the Eighth of April in the year of our lord two thousand and eleven, to be Bertuzzi Day in Michigan!

I was responding to a post saying we have been garbage since NYE. A 100 point pace isn't garbage.

I think you're still stuck in the pre-shootout mentality there brother.

Pre-shootout, 100 point seasons were impressive.

Today, almost every team that makes the playoffs gets 100 points. The 8th seed in the west will have 95+ points.

So, I disagree with you.

Despite the record, the defense has sucked, and I as well as others have CONTINUED TO SAY THIS. We are all fans here, and there's absoultely nothign wrong with calling out your team when they are slacking off in an area. The ONLY reason they have 100+ points right now and are in the playoffs is because they're scoring 4 goals a game. Otherwise forget it.

81 games into the season and Babcock is still being retarded! I am sick and tired of seeing Stuart be slow with Lidstrom and Ericson be s*** with Rafi... for God's sake put together Lidstrom and Rafalski!!! It is no coincidence that the team's BRUTAL defense we have seen started THIS YEAR (when since the beginning Babs refused to put them together). I don't know what it is, but the team plays together when they are together, and Stuart is just too damn slow to play with Nick.

Also, take Franzen off the line with Datsyuk it is just a waste of freakin time. I think Babcock should try putting Modano with Datsyuk because we need all cylinders going with Hank out and Modano could become very effective with Pavs; something Franzen seems incapable of doing.

Homer- Datsyuk- Modano

Hudler- Filpulla- Franzen

Bertuzzi- Abdelkator- Cleary

Eaves- Helm- Miller/Draper

Homer is just useless unless he is on Pavs' line, so might as well put him there. Franzen is is too slow for Pavs... Modano could be a nice fit and since they are down 3-0, they got nothing else to lose imo

Great point.

I don't know why they don't go back to the defensive pairings in the past, when we actually played good defense. Just stubborn crap from Babcock and McCrimmon. It's obviously been a disaster this season to have these pairings.