• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#441 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Franzen is creeping up on Robert Lang when it comes to utter laziness.

Why can't he play hard every game? Hell, even half the games.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#442 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

He got a light up goal helmet which is pretty much his life's ambition at this point so it's not all bad.

Plus he met 'Terrible Ted', who was actually a really nice guy :)

And Mike Ilitch thanks you for the extra 85 bucks. :)
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#443 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Murphy looks awful! Like he just got stung in the throat by a bee.

He's looked like that for a while now. Too many dollar hot dogs perhaps. :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#444 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Is it too much to ask for some concentrated effort in the 4rd?
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#445 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

WTF? Howard made a save????????

Howard is the least of our problems. Start with Babcock, McCrimmon, et al - who no longer seem to have ANY idea how to make a team out of good players; go to the defense AND the offense who have forgotten how to instigate play consistently and/or to think ahead; go to their innards where there seems to be an insecurity so deep-seated they've forgotten how to play like a team. They simply don't seem to "know their place" anymore and that starts with the coaches.

The ONLY highlight right now in this whole cesspool is that if the Hawks make it in, they'll probably have to play Vancouver. OH, how I hope that's true.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#446 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

And Mike Ilitch thanks you for the extra 85 bucks. :)

Actually it wad $100, though Grandpa paid for that. Of course I had to buy a shirt for the wife and an octopus for my daughter so they will allow us to come to another game someday... A necessary expense.

#447 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

The Chicago announcers just compared Kane and Dats. I'm not sure how hard to laugh
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#448 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

did they really just compare kane to datsyuk?
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#449 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

Finished re-gripping my clubs, so the night wasn't a total loss.

did they really just compare kane to datsyuk?

I think they said, Babcock said Kane was like Datsyuk in the way everyone pays attention to him when he is on the ice.

#450 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

I like Ericsson virtually skating himself into a Hawks 2-on-1 there. Try to keep some focus, man.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#451 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

Cmon our D is weak Big E refuses to hit anyone and he's 6'4

What about miss Franzen? He's the biggest ***** on the team.

#452 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

Finished re-gripping my clubs, so the night wasn't a total loss.

I think they said, Babcock said Kane was like Datsyuk in the way everyone pays attention to him when he is on the ice.

No they said Babcock said when Dats is on the ice, everyone else seems to have more space. The announcers said that Kane does the exact same thing.

However, they did say that in his opinion, he was the best player out of Russia......ever! I thought that was very nice compliment.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#453 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Franzen is creeping up on Robert Lang when it comes to utter laziness.

Why can't he play hard every game? Hell, even half the games.

He absolutely drives me nuts with his inconsistent play. And yeah, even MORE than some of the others' inconsistent play. <_< He's obviously got what it takes to be a force and he will not come through - for whatever reasons.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#454 26point2

26point2

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

I haven't seen a clean pass all game, for the Wings that is. They are all hit the blade two or three times before the pass recipient actually has control of it.

Maybe they need to do the egg drill from the Mighty Ducks.

Edited by 26point2, 08 April 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#455 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

So quick pole...

Smith in for Salei in the playoffs?

Mursak in for Modano?

Tatar for Hudler?

Couldn't hurt to have them get the feet wet in the playoffs since they have to learn at some point
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#456 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

He absolutely drives me nuts with his inconsistent play. And yeah, even MORE than some of the others' inconsistent play. <_< He's obviously got what it takes to be a force and he will not come through - for whatever reasons.

because we could have kept Hossa who actually plays defense, has heart, and has even dropped the damn gloves. Mule is such a heartless ***** it pisses me off
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#457 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

I blame the islanders.

#458 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

So quick pole...

Smith in for Salei in the playoffs?

Mursak in for Modano?

Tatar for Hudler?

Couldn't hurt to have them get the feet wet in the playoffs since they have to learn at some point

I'm completely on board with Tater. Mursak probably, but I can't speak intelligently on Smith. I know with every fiber of my being that I want Salei off the ice. Modano hasn't done squat, but at least he's not a turnover machine or has his own seat in the sin bin. I still have a modicum of hope for Hudler - don't ask why. I just feel he'll come around in the playoffs if given the opportunity.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#459 26point2

26point2

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

Kopecky is dead. Sniped in the head.

#460 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip