• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

What's the wings best playoff opponent?

Rate this topic

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly, of all the teams from above, I believe that the best possible round one matchup would have to be the Kings. Sure, they may have had our number in the regular season, but now they are missing Williams + Kopitar. With Zetterberg dinged up, I believe this would be the best series for us.(We don't need a hard checking one against the preds / ducks)

Predictions for each series if it happened:

DET VS KINGS [DET IN 5]

DET VS PREDS [DET IN 6]

DET VS COYOTES [DET IN 6]

DET VS DUCKS [DUCKS IN 7] (BARELY)

DET VS HAWKS [HAWKS IN 7] (IF NO ZETTERBERG)

DET VS STARS [DET IN 6]

The Zetterberg injury really makes things interesting in the playoffs, because he shows up big come playoff time and ALWAYS shuts down the other teams top players. Without him the wings will have to battle twice as hard and costly defensive turnovers CAN'T happen.

Leave a comment and vote!

When the wings play the kings I get nervous when Kopitar is on the ice, but noone else. He isnt gonna be playing, he broke his ankle or something.

They have solid goaltending but it is young and unproven and no team crashes the net like Detroit come playoff time. They dont have a whole lot of big, physical guys outside of Clifford and Simmonds which is a plus and their defense has Doughty and Johnson (Johnson puts up points but isnt that special defensively and Doughty has had an off year). Needless to say I voted LA but I think the wings could bend over the stars pretty easily as well

This thread is full of bad mojo. You do not pick your poison!

Ducks. Officiating would be more or less fair. We would win.

I will not endorse wanting to play a particular team, but this statement has a ring of truth to it. The refs can screw Detroit all they want, ANaheim plays dirty enough where the refs simply couldn't ignore them enough to outbalance the Wings

I will not endorse wanting to play a particular team, but this statement has a ring of truth to it. The refs can screw Detroit all they want, ANaheim plays dirty enough where the refs simply couldn't ignore them enough to outbalance the Wings

Reasoning is far more simple. Anaheim has won its cup in 2007. They are not on the schedule in the next decade and we are better than they are in each category except for goaltending (assuming that Hiller returns).

Reasoning is far more simple. Anaheim has won its cup in 2007. They are not on the schedule in the next decade and we are better than they are in each category except for goaltending (assuming that Hiller returns).

Unless, of course, they are the annual underdog that surprises everyone and goes to the Finals. I'm too superstitious in this to pick a team to face, especially with how inconsistent the Wings have been.

LA easily without Kopitar and Williams. Phoenix would be my second choice though I do think they could drag the series out similar to last year.

Don't want anything to do with Nashville or Chicago. If Hank is out, I'm not sure the Wings would beat either of those teams and it would be tough even if he can play.

I'm pretty neutral on Anaheim. Their top line is incredibly dominant, but I think the Wings could score plenty on their defense.

Yotes...by a mile!

Kings are scary when Quick gets hot...and although they are without Kopi, if we cant score on the goalie, its a mute point.

Same reasoning behind Trashville...Pekke Rinne should get some veznia nods this year.

I actually think the Ducks will be a big more dangerous than people think.

Bring on the desert dogs

Anybody but Chicago.

Without Zetterberg, we need to play against a lesser skilled team. That's pretty much everyone except the Hawks.

I say LA, because they don't have Kopitar and I want to avenge 2001, when they screwed us without Yzerman and Shanahan. It'd be a nice 10 year reunion with that franchise.

Edited by GMRwings1983