• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown_Ryan

Vancouver new tradition

Rate this topic

That's a good idea, but Golf balls would be easier for them to sneak in though.

And what does one say when being frisked for a golf club? "I have a pin in my leg that keeps coming out" or "Oh, yeah, that feels good"?

I do think golf balls would be funny if you're beating a team that you are knocking out of the playoffs. Not to cheer on your team, but to razz them.

This is the most appropriate thread I could find, as I didnt feel that this needs a new thread.

In the Calgary v Vanvouver game tonight, Kesler just took a real awkward fall, looks like his ankle just buckled and he went straight to the room. This could be a huge loss for the Nucks, similar to Zetterberg going down.

If the Wings turn out to good/fortunate enough to play Vancouver in this year's playoffs I'm not sure who I'd like to match up with their forwards. I mean, I like the idea of Datsyuk hounding Daniel Sedin while Zetterberg does the same to Henrik Sedin. The Euro Twins at their best with significantly more playoff experience could definitely minimize the Sedin twins.

They could do it like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=632pCs5rLDw&feature=player_embedded

Just drive really fast through the zamboni entrance, cut the wheel, and there you go!

Although I'd like to see the rink manager who could swing an orca over his head.

:thumbup: +1

It's not very complicated. Orca wales eat salmon, so during a game the Canucks won 5-0 the fan was obviously punctuating a feeding frenzy by throwing orca food out onto the ice.

now that you've explained it, this whole thing sounds rather appropriate (and kinda awesome).

They also eat seal pups. You gonna throw some of those on the ice also??

Ok I'll bite on this for you land lubbers out there in Motown. You see, BC killer wales eat salmon and are referred to as "resident" orcas as opposed to their cousins known as "transients". Unlike their American counterparts, these two groups never intermarry. Transient orcas will hunt seals, penguins and other wales where as resident orcas have abundant supplies high protean salmon to feed on and consequently get much larger, but also stay in smaller pods.

Let me introduce my Red Winged friends to one of our resident orca pods.. I took these pics while seated in mu canoe and let me say, it is quite a scary experience to photograph these fast and spirited animals this close to your canoe when your staring at them at eye level.

3362.jpg

3371.jpg

3377.jpg

3376.jpg

Awesome and amazingly smart animals, and all of you should get a chance to see them up close in their natural environment at least once in your lives!

Ok I'll bite on this for you land lubbers out there in Motown. You see, BC killer wales eat salmon and are referred to as "resident" orcas as opposed to their cousins known as "transients". Unlike their American counterparts, these two groups never intermarry. Transient orcas will hunt seals, penguins and other wales where as resident orcas have abundant supplies high protean salmon to feed on and consequently get much larger, but also stay in smaller pods.

Kudos on most of your explanation. As someone who has spent a ton of time working on the ocean in BC, that's very accurate except for one thing.

I'm sure you knew this already and were simply speaking generally, but we need to be somewhat charitable to our American friends when it comes to the sciences and understanding the infaunal make-up of their friendly northern neighbour. BC resident orcas would probably not know a penguin from Danny Devito. There are no penguins in the northern hemisphere (except in a zoo). Of course it is true that orcas hunt penguins in the southern hemisphere but we don't want to provide our American friends with any kind of erroneous information lest they interpret it incorrectly. I say this only because it was once suggested to me by an American that I "piss off and go back to my igloo with my polar bears and penguins".

In short, too much information can be dangerous but too little can be downright hilarious.

Carry on.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Let me introduce my Red Winged friends to one of our resident orca pods.. I took these pics while seated in mu canoe and let me say, it is quite a scary experience to photograph these fast and spirited animals this close to your canoe when your staring at them at eye level.

Awesome and amazingly smart animals, and all of you should get a chance to see them up close in their natural environment at least once in your lives!

Beautiful pictures. And a nice explanation to go with them. You taught me something I did not know. Neither did my wife, and she was born and raised in Seattle. I guess that shows your superiority in the aquatic world.

I am including a picture to help you maybe learn a thing or two about Michigan.

post-17908-0-88692500-1302473146_thumb.jpg

That blue stuff surrounding both the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan,..... is water.....

Include that with over 11,000 inland lakes and approximately 43% of Michigan is water. One last little factoid for you. Before our economic downturn in 2008, you know, the one that changed your teams barn name from GM Place to Rodgers Place. Michigan had the most licensed watercraft of any state in The U.S. California now stands just slightly ahead of us in watercraft. Maybe you need to think about the term LAND LUBBER again. Just sayin' :D

Edited by BigWillieStyle