• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Pittsburgh vs. Tampa Bay

Rate this topic

So... Is Stamkos the "new", face of The NHL, now that the 3 previous years faces have been eliminated.

You forget that Caps are in round two. Ovie will be the face of the NHL in round two over Stamkos.

This is the first season that I've actually started rooting for another team besides the Wings (well, except for anyone that the Pens or Hawks play). Hope the Bolts can push farther in but they are facing a well rested Caps team.

How happy am I that the Pens were eliminated early this year? Very. I never heard the end of it last year because the Wings were eliminated after 5 games in round 2 and it took the Pens 7 to be eliminated by Montreal because supposedly that makes the Pens better.

I'm going to hear all about how the Pens would of won the cup with Crosby or Malkin tommorrow though. :rolleyes:

Congrats Yzerman!

I'm going to hear all about how the Pens would of won the cup with Crosby or Malkin tommorrow though. :rolleyes:

Congrats Yzerman!

Could be true though, 2 of the 3 best players in the world would be a significant part of any team.

I'll look forward to Neal putting up 60 goals next year though.

Grats to yzerman, real impressive first year as a GM.

Could be true though, 2 of the 3 best players in the world would be a significant part of any team.

Grats to yzerman, real impressive first year as a GM.

Definately, I just get tired of hearing about it everyday since I live in Pens territory and they love teasing me about the Wings

That Pittsburgh crowd was so quiet, I know they get monster TV ratings but their crowd is very underwhelming.

Most Pens fans are Steelers fans that are very fair weather and don't pay attention to the hockey team until Feb. When Fleury got the shutout in Game 1, they were "we're going to win the Cup!". When they lost Game 2, "the refs want this to be Ovechkin's year". :rolleyes:

I hate to break it to you, (actually, no I don't,) but Malkin is not a top 3 player in this league. James Neal 60 goals? :hysterical: If he had the talent to be a 60 goal scorer, I think he would have scored more than 2 in his 27 games as a Penguin.

How happy am I that the Pens were eliminated early this year? Very. I never heard the end of it last year because the Wings were eliminated after 5 games in round 2 and it took the Pens 7 to be eliminated by Montreal because supposedly that makes the Pens better.

I'm going to hear all about how the Pens would of won the cup with Crosby or Malkin tommorrow though.

Welcome to my world where the Pens never do anything wrong (in the minds of the fans and writers) and if they lose, they were cheated.

I had to watch the game with PITS commentators..it was torture. When they lost...silence for a moment then they said they are still Champions in their eyes. lol

LOL I know. I was like, "Well that's my cue to turn this crap off. See you d-bags next fall!"

Awesome that Pittsburgh is out, but also awesome that Tampa advances to the second round. No way they make it out of second round but it looks good on Stevie's resume to have this sort of progress his first year there.

I watched a few of their games and Tampa really doesn't look good. They're sloppy and some of them don't play very hard. I wonder what moves Yzerman makes in the off-season to make them stronger?

Washington is going to massacre them.

I hate the Pitt announcers. The Pens doubled up Tampa on power plays (big surprise there :rolleyes: ) and they were still bitching for more calls. Can't blame them though, the Pens usually do spend the majority of big games on the power play. Probably because they're so "good".

Way to go Yzerbolts!

esteef

I watched a few of their games and Tampa really doesn't look good. They're sloppy and some of them don't play very hard. I wonder what moves Yzerman makes in the off-season to make them stronger?

TB is really sloppy, especially passing wise. Yzerman will concentrate on defensemen this off season. Get some guys that can handle the puck better. Maybe he makes a run at Bryzgalov. Then again, he may stick with the Red Wings idea of "get a cheap goalie and put that money towards making the team better."

Washington is going to massacre them.

I'm not so sure about that. Roloson is 2-2-1 with a 1.38 GAA and a .953 save percentage against the Caps this year. This will be a tight series.

I hate to break it to you, (actually, no I don't,) but Malkin is not a top 3 player in this league. James Neal 60 goals? :hysterical: If he had the talent to be a 60 goal scorer, I think he would have scored more than 2 in his 27 games as a Penguin.

I firmly believe a healthy Malkin is. He just hasn't been healthy is a long time.

I hate the Pitt announcers. The Pens doubled up Tampa on power plays (big surprise there :rolleyes: ) and they were still bitching for more calls. Can't blame them though, the Pens usually do spend the majority of big games on the power play. Probably because they're so "good".

Way to go Yzerbolts!

esteef

I am so happy, that the PengWHINES are out! AS am I equally happy the Hawks are as well! I know the WHINERS are going to blame the injuries to the "Chosen One" and Malkin, but I say its about time the Hockey Gods distributed some justice. We are injured all the time and nobody feels sorry for us, so Pens......SEE YA! It's a long fall from the throne! So glad the Wings have been so dominant for so long!

Concerning the announcers, before I was able to turn it to VS. to watch, during the second period Bob Errey had said something about Roloson and his "SHUTOUT!" and then he said said, "That's right, SHUTOUT!" like he was trying to jinx him, so much for that working... Another instance, they were talking about Tampa's coach's suit (sorry his name evades me) and how he wore it for game 5 and 6 and now 7, one of the guys said he gladly pay the cleaning bill in the morning because he won't need the suit anymore and Errey followed up by saying the suit is gonna be garbage in the morning, especially how the pens are dominating the playoffs and he looks forward to continued dominance as the playoffs go on!

I am all for your home announcers showing some excitement towards the team that employs them, but I am SO glad Ken and Mick aren't like that, it made me want to puke...

Edited by LeftWinger

I would gladly welcome Malkin or Staal on the Red Wings.....just saying.

Not saying I wouldn't want him on the Wings, but he's not a top 3 player in this league anymore. Even when he was healthy, he wasn't good enough to be considered a top 3 talent. Right now, I would rank the Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Stamkos and the Sedin twins ahead of him. Just my opinion, of course.