• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#241 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

Congrats to Stevie Y! First playoff win in his first year!

#242 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

go bolts, go stevie!!
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#243 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

congrats to the Yzerbolts!!!
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#244 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

Oh man! This made my night!!! If you guys were watching TSN, the announcer said "Steve Yzerman's team has won it!!!" and thats exactly how I feel. Congrats to the Bolts! :thumbup:

#245 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

I'm not sure which part of this I like better...That Yzerman's team won or that the Penguins are out.

(Now that the Pens and Chicago have been eliminated, who are the refs going to help?)

#246 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

Oh man! This made my night!!! If you guys were watching TSN, the announcer said "Steve Yzerman's team has won it!!!" and thats exactly how I feel. Congrats to the Bolts! :thumbup:

:blink:

That's... Kind of weird...

#247 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

Pens outplayed them to be honest. They just can't score without Malkin/Crosby. Caps will win the next series.

Posted Image

#248 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

Payback for 09'?

#249 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

So... Is Stamkos the "new", face of The NHL, now that the 3 previous years faces have been eliminated.

#250 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

Pardon my language here, but f*** the Penguins. I'm glad they got ousted. Also, because I want to see this gain some steam here, congrats to the Yzerbolts!

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#251 FabHckyBbe

FabHckyBbe

The Fabulous Hockey Babe

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:12 PM

So... Is Stamkos the "new", face of The NHL, now that the 3 previous years faces have been eliminated.

You forget that Caps are in round two. Ovie will be the face of the NHL in round two over Stamkos.
Sharks Chicks Rule!
~The Babe

~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~~

The FeederForums on LGS

#252 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

That Pittsburgh crowd was so quiet, I know they get monster TV ratings but their crowd is very underwhelming.

#253 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

This is the first season that I've actually started rooting for another team besides the Wings (well, except for anyone that the Pens or Hawks play). Hope the Bolts can push farther in but they are facing a well rested Caps team.

#254 clairbear303

clairbear303

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

How happy am I that the Pens were eliminated early this year? Very. I never heard the end of it last year because the Wings were eliminated after 5 games in round 2 and it took the Pens 7 to be eliminated by Montreal because supposedly that makes the Pens better.

I'm going to hear all about how the Pens would of won the cup with Crosby or Malkin tommorrow though. :rolleyes:

Congrats Yzerman!

#255 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

I'm going to hear all about how the Pens would of won the cup with Crosby or Malkin tommorrow though. :rolleyes:

Congrats Yzerman!

Could be true though, 2 of the 3 best players in the world would be a significant part of any team.

I'll look forward to Neal putting up 60 goals next year though.

Grats to yzerman, real impressive first year as a GM.

#256 clairbear303

clairbear303

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

Could be true though, 2 of the 3 best players in the world would be a significant part of any team.

Grats to yzerman, real impressive first year as a GM.

Definately, I just get tired of hearing about it everyday since I live in Pens territory and they love teasing me about the Wings

#257 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

Pretty tough to win in the playoffs when your best players are injured, eh Pittsburgh?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#258 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:14 AM

You know what makes this ever more awesome, no Matt Cooke out there injuring guys. :yowza:

#259 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

That Pittsburgh crowd was so quiet, I know they get monster TV ratings but their crowd is very underwhelming.

Most Pens fans are Steelers fans that are very fair weather and don't pay attention to the hockey team until Feb. When Fleury got the shutout in Game 1, they were "we're going to win the Cup!". When they lost Game 2, "the refs want this to be Ovechkin's year". :rolleyes:

I hate to break it to you, (actually, no I don't,) but Malkin is not a top 3 player in this league. James Neal 60 goals? :hysterical: If he had the talent to be a 60 goal scorer, I think he would have scored more than 2 in his 27 games as a Penguin.

How happy am I that the Pens were eliminated early this year? Very. I never heard the end of it last year because the Wings were eliminated after 5 games in round 2 and it took the Pens 7 to be eliminated by Montreal because supposedly that makes the Pens better.

I'm going to hear all about how the Pens would of won the cup with Crosby or Malkin tommorrow though.

Welcome to my world where the Pens never do anything wrong (in the minds of the fans and writers) and if they lose, they were cheated.

#260 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image Way to go Bolts!! Great win for the organization and the soon to be GM of the year award winner! Keep it up and got to say I am definitely pulling for them in their series with the Caps as well.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.