• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Pittsburgh vs. Tampa Bay

Rate this topic

Great game by the Bolts. Would love it if they could take this series. The Pen's have been relying on hard gritty work to win games without Sid and Malkin. If they have an off night like this one, they really struggle to get anything going.

Surprise! Kunitz threw a deliberate elbow on Gagne in tonight's game and with any luck at all, should be suspended. We can only hope, eh?

Meanwhile, it'll be interesting to see what Super Mario comes up with - if anything - about Kunitz's blatant penalty. :ph34r:

Downie also made a huge hit behind the net that will probably be looked at. But I'm really hoping for Kunitz to get nailed. He really earned it. :punk:

Kunitz definitely deserves at least a couple games. That was an intentional blindside elbow to the head that I've ever seen.

Also, Downie should get something as well, it was pretty clear he left his feet before contact.

Man, I usually hate giving out suspensions for hits(I liked both the Doan hit and Helm hit for example), especially in the playoffs but these hits just deserve it in my eyes.

Here is the hit.

o6h3k1.jpg

Edited by Carman

Man, I usually hate giving out suspensions for hits(I liked both the Doan hit and Helm hit for example), especially in the playoffs but these hits just deserve it in my eyes.

Not sure how you're putting either the Doan hit or the Helm hit in the same sentence with either hit in tonight's PIT/TB game, especially Kunitz's elbow.

Kunitz was head hunting, didn't try to hide it a little bit, and could have potentially ended the career of a player who already has a history of concussions. The other hit was a charge, and he left his feet, but I'm not sure it was suspension worthy.

Helm's hit was a pedestrian body check behind the net that shouldn't have even earned a penalty, and Doan hit a player that was already falling.

Kunitz deserves 2-3 games (a single game suspension is likely but ridiculous), the other three deserve nothing extra, in my opinion.

Oh yeah I agree of course, the hits in the Wings-Phoenix game were in a different stratsophere, I was just conveying that I'm not some soft no hit slappy that's all :hehe:

Edited by Carman

Here is the hit.

o6h3k1.jpg

i mean, there is just no excuse for that. there is absolutely no argument about that play.

some of the other suspensions, i guess i can see at least one argument against them. but this one, no way.

homey telegraphed that elbow. hopefully they give him more than a few.

i mean, there is just no excuse for that. there is absolutely no argument about that play.

some of the other suspensions, i guess i can see at least one argument against them. but this one, no way.

homey telegraphed that elbow. hopefully they give him more than a few.

Throwing an elbow like that on a player with a history of concussions is cheap, dirty and disgusting. That's Penguins hockey. :thumbdown:

The following letter was just released from the comissioner's office.

Dear Mario,

Would you please tell your guys to not be so blatant with their thuggery its hard for me

to appear impartial when I don't suspend them for nearly taking a guys head off with an

intentional elbow. Oh and please give Sid a kiss for me.

Love and Kisses,

Gary

From TSN:

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Chris Kunitz has a 10 a.m. ET disciplinary hearing with the NHL on Tuesday for his elbow on Tampa Bay Lightning forward Simon Gagne, while Gagne's teammate Steve Downie will speak with the league right after to address his charge on Ben Lovejoy.

Look at "Rip Van" Campbell, all busy and stuff.

Probably gets 1 game, if that. Pretty much the same a Pronger's elbow a few years back in the playoffs and he only got 1 game is a repeat offender. If this was Cooke, different story.

I'm trying to remember what Heatley got, was it 2 games or 1 game? If Heatley only got 1 game, hard to justify giving Kunitz anything because there is a clear difference between playoffs and regular season when it comes to suspensions. If he got 2 games, then 1 game should be the right call here.

I haven't seen the video of the Downie hit yet, so not sure if that is worthy of a suspension or not, but with him, you are talking about a serious repeat offender.

Guest Shoreline

These hits are just more under the microscope now making it look worse than it was before.

Kunitz gets one game per Bob McKenzie. What a joke of a suspension. It was as flagrant of an elbow to the head as you could ask for. He wasn't even trying to hit Gagne. He just threw his elbow out to his head.

http://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie

The last angle gives the best look at it.

Edited by haroldsnepsts