• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/10 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Blackhawks 3

Rate this topic

Thank God we won't see Chicago in round 1. I'm very happy about this.

Now my ideal situation is we win in regulation and Chicago gets knocked out because dallas wins.

Second ideal situation is we win in regulation, Dallas loses, and Chi plays Van.

Season Finale

This is the 84th Season Finale, in the 85th season. The Club’s record in the previous 83 games:

29W-48L-5T-1OTL.

In their last 10 Season Finales, the Club’s record is:

3W-6L-0T-1OTL.

Road Finale

This is the 84th Road Finale, in the 85th season. The Club’s record in the previous 83 games:

20W-48L-13T-2OTL

In their last 10 Road Finales, the Club’s record is:

2W-5L-0T-2OTL-1SOL.

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 shutout)

Road: 1-game losing streak (shutout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Chicago

Overall: 4-game losing streak (1 overtime)

Road: 1-game losing streak

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 3W-5L-1OTL-1SOL

Road: 5W-3L-1OTL-1SOL

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Chicago

Overall: 3W-5L-1OTL-1SOL

Road: 6W-4L

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the only game of a one-game road trip.

Record on this Day

April 10

This is the 5th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

2W-1L-1T

This is the 2nd regular-season game played on this day v. Chicago. The Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-0L-1T

Days of the Week

This is the final game of nine regular-season games played on Sunday this season. The Club’s record in the previous 8 games:

6W-1L-1OTL

LGW.

I am from the Chicago Area so this game is war since most of my friends and family are hawks fan so this is a must win game for the Wings.... The Red Wings need to show up today and win! Ahh well now time to go heckle my friends who are Hawks fans on Facebook.... GO WINGS!

What's the tie breaker if the Wings win and the Stars win in regulation or OT? Only asking because the Stars and Hawks would be tied in points and ROWs.

Chicago would have to lose in regulation and Dallas would have to win in regulation to have a chance for 8th seed. If I figured this out correctly, these are the tiebreakers:

Tiebreaker 1 (Games Played): 82, tied

Tiebreaker 2 (Greater Number of Games played excluding SO wins): 38, tied

Tiebreaker 3 (Greater Number of Points Earned in Games Between the Tied Clubs): Dallas (3 wins, 6 points) over Chicago (1 win, 2 points)

Want Wings to win of course but if they play like they have as of late ... another 4-2 for Hawks.

What I really want is Wings win and Chicago to be in 8th because I want the Canucks to face Chicago in round 1 ... I think there are 2 possibilities, Wings win in OT or Hawks lose AND Stars lose.

Just win, I mean it's generally more fun and you could knock 'em out of the playoffs in the process.

Had a dream the Wings actually won today, 5-2. Take that as you will.

Beer wisdom.

Edited by FinRedWing

Playoff implications:

Win = Phoenix

Loss = Nashville

That would give me motivation right there. Plus all the rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth, STOOPID Hawks fans who will be yelling, "Red Wings suck!" <_<

This may be the day that we get to see the Mule return to playoff form. I know LGW likes to knock him, but when the lights are on bright hes at his best.

Wings win 3-2 in OT

Mule x 2 and Helm

Toews and Sharp for them

Howard with 34 saves

NO. PLEASE. NO points for the Hawks, or they're in. Correct?

That would give me motivation right there. Plus all the rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth, STOOPID Hawks fans who will be yelling, "Red Wings suck!" <_<

Hate hawks fans... Would make my year if we kept them from the playoffs

Hate hawks fans... Would make my year if we kept them from the playoffs

Preds fans chant that too, every time they score on us. And they jeer Howard when they are behind... LOL~ Ignorant, rather than arrogant (Chicago).

If the Wings want to meet my expectations (as if that matters) they will knock Chicago out of the playoffs and then show up first round the way they did April 2, and teach Nashville a lesson. Nashville is totally beatable, but only if the Wings decide to play. Otherwise, they are young and hungry and will bury the Wings before you can say "Barry Trotz has no neck -- red, or otherwise."

This situation is 100% on the Wings roster - not just the goalies - to show up and play their best. Or not. I honestly don't know what to expect today, after Friday's game and their inability to score. We shall see.

Want Wings to win of course but if they play like they have as of late ... another 4-2 for Hawks.

What I really want is Wings win and Chicago to be in 8th because I want the Canucks to face Chicago in round 1 ... I think there are 2 possibilities, Wings win in OT or Hawks lose AND Stars lose.

Close. The Hawks need to lose in regulation for 0 points, and the Stars need to lose as well, thats the only way the hawks can draw the nucks.

If the hawks get 1 point tonight, they will be tied with LA at 98, but the hawks win the tie breaker with more ROW so they get 7th and LA gets 8th.

Preds fans chant that too, every time they score on us. And they jeer Howard when they are behind... LOL~ Ignorant, rather than arrogant (Chicago).

If the Wings want to meet my expectations (as if that matters) they will knock Chicago out of the playoffs and then show up first round the way they did April 2, and teach Nashville a lesson. Nashville is totally beatable, but only if the Wings decide to play. Otherwise, they are young and hungry and will bury the Wings before you can say "Barry Trotz has no neck -- red, or otherwise."

This situation is 100% on the Wings roster - not just the goalies - to show up and play their best. Or not. I honestly don't know what to expect today, after Friday's game and their inability to score. We shall see.

This is it. In a nutshell. Everyone can say whatever they want, but if nothing else, this game should be a matter of pride in one's talent and work ethic. And KNOWING they can win.

I want them to win for their sakes. I want them to know the joy of beating a feisty but arrogant team. I figure I owe them that after the years of thrills, excitement, joy and oh yeah, the pain and frustration. But mostly there were the positives. :thumbup:

Edited by Vladifan