• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/10 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Blackhawks 3

Rate this topic

Good to get a win for the last game, now let's get in playoff mode and take on the Coyotes. Hopefully it won't go 7 this time, we should finish them off in 5-6 games.

Missed the game due to having to run errands with my wife since I was playing a show Fri and Sat nights. Seems like the refs tried to help the Hawks in this one. They stood tall and served notice to the rest of the league they wouldn't be denied. Will the high stick no-call be the catalyst Mule needs to morph into playoff monster mode.

Hopefully the Stars take care of business tonight. Chi-Van would be an interesting series to watch but I want to see them miss the playoffs so the bandwagon on Madison has to serve stfu lattes during the playoffs.

And maybe I was a bit sensitive over this but it was almost at some points an anti-Nicklas Lidstrom for the Norris Trophy afternoon. I've never in my life heard people nit pick Nick's game like I heard Pierre, Smellbury and Olsuck do today.

I noticed this, too. It's not just that Eddie O. (or was it Milbury, I always get them mixed up) disagreed that Lidstrom should win it, but that he immediately and categorically dismissed any idea that Lidstrom had a decent season, and then when he almost had a smirk on his face when saying "Nobody wins a Norris with a negative rating."

Yeah, like the seabrook elbow to the face tha wasnt called?

Just watch the clip Konnan511 so kindly posted immediately after your response. It gets to the core of the argument quite nicely.

Edited by TheXym

Guest Crymson

My point was there were blantant missed calls on both sides. not just aainst the Wings like people in this thread would lead you o believe.

Excellent arbitrary claims. The prevailing point is that whatever you may say about missed calls on either side, the Hawks got power plays and the Wings did not.

Whatever. It matters not. The Wings won despite having no stake in the game and despite being without Kronwall and Zetterberg.

Anyone have any clips of Ken or Mick sounding depressed after a Red Wings loss?

Not on national television in a supposedly unbiased broadcast.

Whatever. It matters not. The Wings won despite having no stake in the game and despite being without Kronwall and Zetterberg

This is true, you did win a cloee hard faught game. It was your first in the last 5 games against the Hawks, so I like our chances if we happen to meet the Wings in the playoffs.

This is true, you did win a cloee hard faught game. It was your first in the last 5 games against the Hawks, so I like our chances if we happen to meet the Wings in the playoffs.

shouldn't have been close at all, if not for all those PP's that were handed to you, who knows what the score would have been. Datsyuk single handingly embarassed your entire team a few times, you bet if he had a man advantage he scores another. The world saw the refs and league try to hand Chicago the game, including the kicked in goal from the STL game its pretty obvious the intentions.

Luck? Yes. A few calls? Sure. Problem is the whole hockey world has seen entire games called solely for the benefit of Chicago; you can't claim this is sour grapes - fan bases who don't give a rats ass about Chicago are talking about it. Personally I would be embarrassed if the only way the Wings made it to the playoffs the last 20 years was with a healthy leg-up from the officials.

Enjoy it while you can.

Well, you guys did everything you could to keep us out of the playoffs, and it almost worked, one hell of a game. However, as I predicted and stuck with all season, we made the playoffs :)

And what a bold prediction it was! You predicted that Chicago wouldn't become the 5th team in NHL history to miss the playoffs after winning the Cup.

Nostradamus....is that you? :P

Sidenote: Congrats on backing in.

Most people here said we wouldnt make it, and laughed at me for sayin so. Thats why I can gloat a little.

Yes, they did back in, but that doesnt change the fact that all teams have went back to zero. We have owned both the Sharks and Canucks the past two years in the playoffs, and have gotten the best of the Wings this season by going 4-2 against them.

I like our chances.

Most people here said we wouldnt make it, and laughed at me for sayin so. Thats why I can gloat a little.

Yes, they did back in, but that doesnt change the fact that all teams have went back to zero. We have owned both the Sharks and Canucks the past two years in the playoffs, and have gotten the best of the Wings this season by going 4-2 against them.

I like our chances.

Getting the best of a team in the regular season literally means nothing. Goes back to your "all teams have went back to zero" statement. It's all fresh and new. I have to say that the Hawks will most likely give the Nucks a run for their money but with having to play balls out as long as they did to close the year they will probably be out in 6. Best of luck but seeing what our boys had to endure last year, there was not enough in the tank to close it out.

Yes, they did back in, but that doesnt change the fact that all teams have went back to zero. We have owned both the Sharks and Canucks the past two years in the playoffs (with a completely different roster), and have gotten the best of the Wings this season by going 4-2 against them (with 3 of your 4 victories coming during the Wings' injury-ravaged time of the season and the other without Z and Kronwall).

I like our chances.

Fixed if for ya.

I like our chances.

If not for the Hossa "goal" against St. Louis your team would be out of the playoffs.

Congrats for predicting something that you had a 1/25 chance of being wrong on. What a bold statement.

Also congrats on hiding after the loss until Dallas choked away the last playoff spot. Couldn't take your ribbing? No, that would require a fan who actually has a spine.

Guest Crymson

lololololol

Cant believe how much some of you cry. I guess the last 20 straight years of the Wings makin the playoffs they never got any luck or had a few calls go their way, huh? Give me a break.

Thank you for the excellent comic value you provide here.

Edited by Crymson