Chris Osgood (groin) out

----

chi.png BLACKHAWKS

Troy Brouwer (shoulder) out, Tomas Kopecky (hand) questionable,

Dave Bolland (concussion) out, Jordan Hendry (lower body) out

On Deck

50233_157015027642416_1037_n.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Early game! Sucks that we'll have to wait til later this week to start playoffs. I'm psyched, even if I'm not as optimistic as usual this time of year. I still have faith that despite this garbage of a season the Wings will find the switch and win it all. As a fan, I can never suppress that hope.

With San Jose winning the 2nd seed tonight against Phoenix the wings have nothing to play for except motivation to role into the playoffs. Huge game for both teams, Chicago for them gaining a playoff spot and Wings to get ready for the playoffs. It'll be playoff atmosphere in the United Center ofcourse as their home ender to the regular season but the Wings will be there to spoil the party once again. The boys came into town and spoiled their banner raising night, the boys will come into town and spoil their playoff dreams, good night and good season, lets end this on a good note boys! wings 3-2 ( frazen, datsyuk, modano ) in regulation ending the playoff hopes!

No, just sit back and play this game like its practice. Don't get physical or frustrated, stay healthy for the playoffs. This game is absolutely irrelevant. Win or lose, nothing changes for you.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SHUTOUT CRAWFORD!!! SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT

Early game! Sucks that we'll have to wait til later this week to start playoffs. I'm psyched, even if I'm not as optimistic as usual this time of year. I still have faith that despite this garbage of a season the Wings will find the switch and win it all. As a fan, I can never suppress that hope.

Well aren't we spoiled... Garbage of a season I'm sure the folks in Carolina Toronto and Dallas would be glad to have this garbage of a season. For christ sake the teams made the playoffs 20 straight years another 100 points what more do you want from them

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SHUTOUT CRAWFORD!!! SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT

Well aren't we spoiled... Garbage of a season I'm sure the folks in Carolina Toronto and Dallas would be glad to have this garbage of a season. For christ sake the teams made the playoffs 20 straight years another 100 points what more do you want from them

OBVIOUSLY HE WANTS 20/20 STANLEY CUP RINGS!! I MEAN IF THE WINGS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THEY'RE GOING TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE. ranting.gif

"We got one more game to right the ship," saidgoaltender Jimmy Howard, who will start today. "We need to win just to geton the right foot going into the playoffs. We just got to pay attention todetails. That’s starting on time and playing a full 60 minutes."

The Red Wings believe know they can match the Blackhawks’desperation.

"There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to matchwhat they’re bringing," Stuart said. "It’s a huge game for them andit’s a big game for us. We have a chance to possibly keep them out of thepostseason. We definitely have enough motivation."

Fixed the latest interview.

Oooo. Kayyy. PLEASE let's win; I am so frigging frustrated by the arrogance and dipsh*ttery of the Hawks' announcers that I just want a win to shove in their faces. Hey, maybe that's a strategy Babs could use - make the Wings listen to the Chicago feed of last night's game. Please, Wings, end their season, make their announcers eat a big slice of humble pie, send all the fans home crying - JUST WIN!!

Playoff implications:

Win = Phoenix

Loss = Nashville

Hawks will play desperation hockey, for sure, especially in front of their home crowd. But the Wings have more than enough incentive to whomp the Hawks into the dirt.

1) They lost 4-2 in their last matchup, and will definitely want to reverse that, just like the Sharks did with Phoenix tonight.

2) Play spoiler to a nasty rival that they don't want to meet later on, which also happens to be the defending SCC.

3) Avoid the Preds (IMO, Phoenix is a much better matchup for the Wings)

4) Get the team mojo going - like anyone else (think Vancouver today, which did not need its win), the Wings will want/need fighting momentum going into the playoffs.

5) 85% polled (so far) wanted the Yotes over the Preds. I think there is something to that.

Prediction: The Wings will be anything but relaxed. They will feed off the Hawks' desperation, step up their own game, and leave the home crowd in Chicago to their stunned silence, worried about their own playoff future.

GO WINGS!!!

Edited by Grypho

Is it Photoshop yet?

I'm glad it's not Anaheim, I am. As someone who gets up at 5 AM I like the thought of an earlier game in Nashville or a 9 PM game in Phoenix. Might buy an extra overtime or two some night.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Let us win in OT. That way the Hawks play the Canucks.

Guest Shoreline

I want the Wings to just win this one in regulation, allowing for Dallas to control their own destiny for the 8th spot and f*** over the Hawks' playoff hopes.

If the Hawks win this afternoon do the Wings facxe them in the first round?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings

Hawks would jump to 5th...Preds drop to 6th...we'd play the Preds if we lose who have all but owned us this year. I just get that feeling the Wings will not even show up today and lose a 5-1 type of game, its what they do sadly..the model of inconsistency, ugh..I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Scrappy's Servant