849 replies to this topic

#801 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Glad to be eating crow after that game.

Couldn't concentrate at work because of how close it ended up being.

Posted Image

#802 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Anyone know where I can get a clip of Datsyuk's sick move today in the third period?
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#803 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

I always thought they turn it over before the season starts, when the last guy on the team has had his day with the Cup.

But I guess I just assumed it. I've not heard the details.

For the sake of the banner raising ceremony that is the case, but the teams staff still get their turns with the cup well into the season. November of 2009 one of the Penguins scouts brought the cup to St. John's and I went to see it. I guess they return the cup when everybody has had their turn, but the whole start of the season thing definitely seems to be just for the ceremony.

#804 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

nhl.com has full highlights that show both moves to the net while deking thru Keith, Seabrook, Toews and Hossa. It is in the middle of the full game highlights.

#805 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

nhl.com has full highlights that show both moves to the net while deking thru Keith, Seabrook, Toews and Hossa. It is in the middle of the full game highlights.

thank you! : )
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#806 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

That was a great "us against the world" win for the Wings. Night-and-day difference from the flaccid effort we saw at the Joe in the previous game.

The league is showing some bad signs. Twice this season, Detroit has played a game at Chicago and not had a single power play. To my recollection, those are the only two games I've seen in my long, hockey-watching lifetime where that happened to the Wings. And twice in the same season, against the same team?

I have long defended Eddie O. as anything but a Detroit-hater, but it's undeniable that he was awful today. Doc was the only one to even make a talking-point of the fact no penalty had been called as they showed an angry Franzen with blood dripping down his face, yelling at the officials. And Doc only mentioned it somewhat indirectly. I think the importance of today's game pushed Eddie over the line and he lost his composure. NBC will have to reconsider how they assign games moving forward.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#807 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

No problem... I too watched it over a couple times... it was even more amazing watching it the second and third times when I wasn't in my heart racing game mode lol. The fact that Pavs was able to deke around and through 4 guys alone is amazing, but the fact that he did it to the mighty KEITH AND SEABROOK and TOEWS and HOSSA was simply amazing. Like I said earlier, he made them look like little timbits hockey players. Best hands in the league by far, and best all around player in the world. We all pale to Pavel Datsyuk :P

#808 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

No problem... I too watched it over a couple times... it was even more amazing watching it the second and third times when I wasn't in my heart racing game mode lol. The fact that Pavs was able to deke around and through 4 guys alone is amazing, but the fact that he did it to the mighty KEITH AND SEABROOK and TOEWS and HOSSA was simply amazing. Like I said earlier, he made them look like little timbits hockey players. Best hands in the league by far, and best all around player in the world. We all pale to Pavel Datsyuk :P

Datsyuk was a beast. It was amazing watching him weave through guys like that with someone of Hossa's caliber all over him trying to get the puck.

This bodes well for his performance in the playoffs. Hopefully Z can get healthy and come back in full Beard Mode™ too.

#809 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

Our powerplay was very ineffective in this game. <_<

:lol:

Ya still got it, kid.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#810 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm watching the replay of this game and I cannot believe that Detroit didn't get a PP. Keith slashed Saleis stick into the crowd Franzen caught a high stick

Was this the extent of the crappy officiating?

I missed the game. I had to work. Boo.

#811 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

I hope someone uploads the earlier Pav dangles onto YT. NHL.com has it but I'd like to see it up close and in slow motion. Everything looks better in slow motion.

#812 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

Datsyuk was a beast. It was amazing watching him weave through guys like that with someone of Hossa's caliber all over him trying to get the puck.

By "caliber," of course, you refer to both the size of their gun barrels and the high quality of their characters... Two meanings... caliber... it's a homonym... Forget it.

Posted Image

#813 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

Was this the extent of the crappy officiating?

Not by a long shot.
*this space for rent*

#814 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

I hope someone uploads the earlier Pav dangles onto YT. NHL.com has it but I'd like to see it up close and in slow motion. Everything looks better in slow motion.

Not mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wMsqXjeZmk

I have long defended Eddie O. as anything but a Detroit-hater, but it's undeniable that he was awful today. Doc was the only one to even make a talking-point of the fact no penalty had been called as they showed an angry Franzen with blood dripping down his face, yelling at the officials. And Doc only mentioned it somewhat indirectly. I think the importance of today's game pushed Eddie over the line and he lost his composure. NBC will have to reconsider how they assign games moving forward.

He fell deathly silent after the final horn.

#815 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

And maybe I was a bit sensitive over this but it was almost at some points an anti-Nicklas Lidstrom for the Norris Trophy afternoon. I've never in my life heard people nit pick Nick's game like I heard Pierre, Smellbury and Olsuck do today.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#816 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

Awesome, gutsy, ballsy win. Complaints:

• The Chicago Blackhawks, for playing PERFECT, INFRACTION-FREE HOCKEY for sixty minutes. Darn them! On a totally unrelated note,
  • Johan Franzen's face, for spontaneously combusting. Keep it together, Johan Franzen's face! We got a game to win!
  • Eddie Olczyk, for confusing "NBC" with "CSN." In his defense, B is a tricky letter.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#817 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

And maybe I was a bit sensitive over this but it was almost at some points an anti-Nicklas Lidstrom for the Norris Trophy afternoon. I've never in my life heard people nit pick Nick's game like I heard Pierre, Smellbury and Olsuck do today.

Now I'm starting to feel a little glad I missed this one.

#818 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

There wouldn't happen to be a good clip of eddie o sounding depressed when the game ended would there?

#819 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Just got back from work. I was VERY happy listening to the game and hearing Detroit play like they cared. Now it's up to Dallas.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#820 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

There wouldn't happen to be a good clip of eddie o sounding depressed when the game ended would there?

Anyone have any clips of Ken or Mick sounding depressed after a Red Wings loss?

Edited by Z and D for the C, 10 April 2011 - 05:55 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!