849 replies to this topic

#841 mahimahi23

mahimahi23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

lololololol

Cant believe how much some of you cry. I guess the last 20 straight years of the Wings makin the playoffs they never got any luck or had a few calls go their way, huh? Give me a break.

#842 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

Luck? Yes. A few calls? Sure. Problem is the whole hockey world has seen entire games called solely for the benefit of Chicago; you can't claim this is sour grapes - fan bases who don't give a rats ass about Chicago are talking about it. Personally I would be embarrassed if the only way the Wings made it to the playoffs the last 20 years was with a healthy leg-up from the officials.
Enjoy it while you can.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#843 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

Well, you guys did everything you could to keep us out of the playoffs, and it almost worked, one hell of a game. However, as I predicted and stuck with all season, we made the playoffs :)

And what a bold prediction it was! You predicted that Chicago wouldn't become the 5th team in NHL history to miss the playoffs after winning the Cup.

Nostradamus....is that you? :P

Sidenote: Congrats on backing in.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#844 mahimahi23

mahimahi23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

Most people here said we wouldnt make it, and laughed at me for sayin so. Thats why I can gloat a little.

Yes, they did back in, but that doesnt change the fact that all teams have went back to zero. We have owned both the Sharks and Canucks the past two years in the playoffs, and have gotten the best of the Wings this season by going 4-2 against them.

I like our chances.

#845 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

Most people here said we wouldnt make it, and laughed at me for sayin so. Thats why I can gloat a little.

Yes, they did back in, but that doesnt change the fact that all teams have went back to zero. We have owned both the Sharks and Canucks the past two years in the playoffs, and have gotten the best of the Wings this season by going 4-2 against them.

I like our chances.

Getting the best of a team in the regular season literally means nothing. Goes back to your "all teams have went back to zero" statement. It's all fresh and new. I have to say that the Hawks will most likely give the Nucks a run for their money but with having to play balls out as long as they did to close the year they will probably be out in 6. Best of luck but seeing what our boys had to endure last year, there was not enough in the tank to close it out.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#846 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

Yes, they did back in, but that doesnt change the fact that all teams have went back to zero. We have owned both the Sharks and Canucks the past two years in the playoffs (with a completely different roster), and have gotten the best of the Wings this season by going 4-2 against them (with 3 of your 4 victories coming during the Wings' injury-ravaged time of the season and the other without Z and Kronwall).

I like our chances.

Fixed if for ya.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#847 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

The world saw the refs and league try to hand Chicago the game, including the kicked in goal from the STL game its pretty obvious the intentions.

I honestly couldn't put it all together but found it weird to see the refs sporting these yesterday...
Posted Image

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#848 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

I like our chances.

If not for the Hossa "goal" against St. Louis your team would be out of the playoffs.

Congrats for predicting something that you had a 1/25 chance of being wrong on. What a bold statement.

Also congrats on hiding after the loss until Dallas choked away the last playoff spot. Couldn't take your ribbing? No, that would require a fan who actually has a spine.

Posted Image

#849 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

lololololol

Cant believe how much some of you cry. I guess the last 20 straight years of the Wings makin the playoffs they never got any luck or had a few calls go their way, huh? Give me a break.

Thank you for the excellent comic value you provide here.

Edited by Crymson, 11 April 2011 - 11:37 AM.

#850 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

lol. mahi umad?

I don't understand Blackhawk.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".