• Please log in to reply
849 replies to this topic

#121 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Not a bad period as far as giving up goals is concerned.

At first when I saw the water bottle behind Jimmy bounce up I thought Sharp or whoever scored, but thankfully shot it too high. Wings need to get more offensive prowess... Hawks clear it out on them too easy. Right now not enough backing up teammates in the zone when they dump it in, and nobody near the middle of the ice where they always seem to have a Blackhawk to pass it to for exiting their defensive zone without a problem.

#122 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

And.....2 power plays for Chi and 0 for us.

Both needed to be called. Delay of game and a good hold, I have no problems with that. However I could have called two interference calls on them, but both would have been weak calls.

We know that they aren't going to call as much because they are under the microscope for that one horrible call...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#123 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Anyone that thinks that Nick does not deserve the Norris this year is NUTS. He is still the best all around dman in the game, got a huge amount of points, 16 goals, and is still responsible for his amazing defensive plays. You find me a coach that would not want to have Nick Lidstrom to put on the ice in the dying seconds of a must win game. Nick Lidstrom will and should win.

#124 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Knew they wouldn't give Nick any love.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#125 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

Anyone that thinks that Nick does not deserve the Norris this year is NUTS. He is still the best all around dman in the game, got a huge amount of points, 16 goals, and is still responsible for his amazing defensive plays. You find me a coach that would not want to have Nick Lidstrom to put on the ice in the dying seconds of a must win game. Nick Lidstrom will and should win.

That's true, but no it's not nuts to think that Lids is a long shot for the Norris.

#126 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

WHAT THE f***! THEY AREN'T GIVING NICK THE NORRIS CAUSE OF BEING -1?!?! AND THESE GUYS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOCKEY?

#127 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,810 posts

OMG STFU Mildouche

#128 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Also, don't you love how they show all offensive highlights for the Seleke trophy pick?

#129 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Wish I could get the damn game, in SC they are showing GOLF!!! But at my sister's in NC they are showing the game (1 hour away). Probably because they have a hockey team.
I was counting on watching the last game,,,,,s***!

#130 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

The first goal will be huge in this game. Hawks are tight and not in rhythm yet. And our guys are NOT playing that badly. I see so much more hustle, focus and feistiness out of them than the last game.

There is hope, but they must play like they know they can.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#131 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

i iam watching tsn feed what did nbc say about the norris and who said it?
Posted Image

#132 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

WHAT THE f***! THEY AREN'T GIVING NICK THE NORRIS CAUSE OF BEING -1?!?! AND THESE GUYS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOCKEY?

Lidstrom does not deserver the norris. If he wins it's on reputation only. Visnovsky deserves the norris, plain and simple.

#133 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

Mike and Pierre are so awkward together

#NOMOREKINDL

#134 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

They both always pick other people. Milbury picked Chara the last two years before this. I am surprised he didn't pick him.

f*** them.

#135 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

I just don't see them giving a full ramped up effort. This game means nothing for them.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#136 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Since when have they known anything about hockey? :blink:
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#137 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Lidstrom does not deserver the norris. If he wins it's on reputation only. Visnovsky deserves the norris, plain and simple.

Why? Because he is plus 18?

News flash, he plays with the best line in hockey. The only reason Nick is -1 is because he is a Dman playing with no top offensive line.

You know he is the best Dman, so stfu.

#138 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

right cause he kills penalties and plays defence
Posted Image

#139 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Milbury is a hack. Wasn't he touting Green for the Norris last season?

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#140 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

people please tell me who they picked
Posted Image