• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Who would you rather face in the 1st Round?

Rate this topic

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't care, let us play Nashville, let us play Phoenix, i'd play the toughest team right now, why? Because we win, we'll slingshot ourselves further into the playoffs my friends. The Wing's can't afford a mediocre first round opponent, personally I view this as a win all lose all first round; we get a hard opponent and win, we'll find ourselves deep in the playoffs; if we play an easy target and kinda just float past the first round we'll get stopped real fast by the brick wall called the second round. Just my 2 cents though.

EDIT: I feel like i'm going to be the only person voting for Nashville; considering when the Wings want to play and match the physicality of the Preds I don't see them being trouble.

Edited by evilzyme

Yotes, we were worse last year and still beat them. Rinne is a monster and if we beat them we'd probably be physically drained. But of anyone in the playoffs I want to face LA most of all

I don't care, let us play Nashville, let us play Phoenix, i'd play the toughest team right now, why? Because we win, we'll slingshot ourselves further into the playoffs my friends. The Wing's can't afford a mediocre first round opponent, personally I view this as a win all lose all first round; we get a hard opponent and win, we'll find ourselves deep in the playoffs; if we play an easy target and kinda just float past the first round we'll get stopped real fast by the brick wall called the second round. Just my 2 cents though.

EDIT: I feel like i'm going to be the only person voting for Nashville; considering when the Wings want to play and match the physicality of the Preds I don't see them being trouble.

I disagree with you because allow the other opponents to beat each other up. I want Chi vs Van for the possible upset. SJ vs Anahiem because whoever wins will be destroyed, Yotes vs Preds the preds will win but they won't know what to do in the 2ndr round b/c that will be a victory in itself. I do appreciate and understand your logic, just have a disagreement.

Edited by ben_usmc

Oh gosh, I don't know...Phoenix, I guess. We have recent experience with them in the playoffs, so I guess that could help. On the downside, they also have that knowledge and experience, but we did end up beating them, so I guess that gives us the upper hand. Plus, the Preds seem to have had our number all year long, playoffs or no, so I relish the thought of going 4-7 games against them a little less than Phoenix. God I feel nervous about this, though - I don't care what team we play. Whoever wins the WCF this year is going to deserve it.

Yotes, we were worse last year and still beat them. Rinne is a monster and if we beat them we'd probably be physically drained. But of anyone in the playoffs I want to face LA most of all

I disagree with you because allow the other opponents to beat each other up. I want Chi vs Van for the possible upset. SJ vs Anahiem because whoever wins will be destroyed, Yotes vs Preds the preds will win but they won't know what to do in the 2ndr round b/c that will be a victory in itself. I do appreciate and understand your logic, just have a disagreement.

It can and will be draining, understanding though the team that has the heart to continue on will continue on and win the Stanley Cup. It's always been like this, teams get drained beyond their limit but its the team that grabs a hold of their pair and continues on that ends up winning the final prize. I totally understand where you're coming from and i'm just going to say that the Wings need some type of measuring tape to finally be like listen, we can do this guys. I don't think the motivation is there, they may speak it verbally but obviously they aren't showing it and I don't think enough members are on board concerning their cup run. I think playing a hardened Nashville team as their first opponent will solidify the fact that they CAN do this, they need to prove not only to themselves but to the public that they're capable of going further than what is expected currently.

I say Nashville for selfish reasons. My favorite (Wings) and second favorite team (Phoenix) playing each other is pure anguish for me. Don't feel good about celebrating anything that happens in the game. Plus my playoff goals for this year were that the Yotes win 1 playoff series, and the Wings win the cup.

But those of you looking for the easier opponent, it's definitely the Yotes. The Yotes are a decent team this year, but not nearly as deep as they were last year. They've got the same great goalie and stout D, but without Lombardi, their forward lines are simply not able to generate any kind of offense.

Same goes for Phoenix. Detroit is a better matchup for them because they simply cannot handle the size of the Sharks for any long stretch of time.

We would crush trashville in 4 or 5 whereas I believe the yotes would be a much stiffer test. Their team is a lot better and the travel sucks. Come on down here to Nashville boys. Will be my first wings playoff game.

Whatever team they can sweep is the team they need to play. If we can sweep the yotes/preds then zetterberg and the rest of the guys will get some much needed rest/healing time.

Nashville because the travel is bad on the team... It would be preferable on the team.

Anaheim though... oh wow... I just think that Nashville against Anaheim will be the first sweep in Nashville's favor.

Edited by Liberation

Voted Phoenix simply because I want a win heading into the playoffs. When it comes to matchups I don't really care, we need to be better than either of those two teams to win the Cup anyway. If I was to believe we can't win both Nashville and Phoenix in a best of seven that would be like admitting we're not taking the West this year and I don't believe in giving up until the last game ends.

It quite simply does not matter one iota to quote lord Alfred Hayes the wings will win their first round series and then have to face the Sharks in the second round. That's where Setodiver and his band of fellow embelishies will be thoroughly beaten. Cannot wait for the playoffs

It quite simply does not matter one iota to quote lord Alfred Hayes the wings will win their first round series and then have to face the Sharks in the second round. That's where Setodiver and his band of fellow embelishies will be thoroughly beaten. Cannot wait for the playoffs

I don't think this is true. I believe we'll be playing the winner from the 4th v. 5th series IIRC.

I don't like to pick playoff teams to play, but let's just put it this way. I don't want to play Nashville first round. Sure, the Wings can dominate anyone if they want to, but they're simply not as scary to other teams as they have been in previous years. Nashville plays us hard and would be a physically draining series.