• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

Not really that much of a fight there, but still kinda surprising.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#2 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

That was NOTHING NOTHING compared to the pre-lockout fights..... If you want a textbook example of HOW to fight go here
Detroit vs. Avs

#3 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

That was NOTHING NOTHING compared to the pre-lockout fights..... If you want a textbook example of HOW to fight go here
Detroit vs. Avs

What has that to do with anything? You think I haven't seen that before? Geez. I said it "wasn't much of a fight" but still a first fighting major for a future HOFer at the age of 40 is kinda of surprising to me.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#4 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

The Brookbank/Clifford fight was pretty entertaining. Brookbank got a few good ones in. But yeah, very surprising that Selanne would fight, especially given that it's the last game before playoffs, that could've been devastating.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#5 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Detroit vs. Avs

Wow, hey thats a really neat fight! Never seen that before.... Do you have anything else to share from wings history we may not know about?.... I know you're new here, but why dont you look around before assuming we know nothing about the Red Wings.

On topic, that was pretty bad officiating. I like Selanne, kind of sad to see him have to fight there, also dumb considering how close we are to the playoffs. Ehh whatever. GO WINGS
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#6 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Gotta give Selanne props for at least standing up for himself! He gets an "atta-boy" from me.

Still hate the Ducks tho.

#7 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

That was some pretty good hits thrown by Brookbank I think it was, and Selanne really had nothing to benefit by dropping them. Surely if he wants to fight I wouldn't mind seeing him get teed off on.

#8 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

Good for Selanne. I'd love to see Anaheim and L.A. match up in the playoffs.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#9 WpgMikos

WpgMikos

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

Gotta love Teemu. Fighting at 40.

#10 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

Wow, hey thats a really neat fight! Never seen that before.... Do you have anything else to share from wings history we may not know about?.... I know you're new here, but why dont you look around before assuming we know nothing about the Red Wings.

On topic, that was pretty bad officiating. I like Selanne, kind of sad to see him have to fight there, also dumb considering how close we are to the playoffs. Ehh whatever. GO WINGS

I wasn't trying to be rude I was just trying to state my opinion. Now I do agree the Refs dropped the ball here. Sorry if I made anyone angry. I didn't mean it that way.

#11 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Brad Watson ranks up there with Dan O'Halloran on the REFS SUCK-O-METER

but hey, if Datsyuk could get in a fight, so could Selanne, right?

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#12 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

The Kings gameplan clearly included hitting Selanne whenever possible so he was definitely frustrated. I'm a Selanne fan, but he was looking old and beaten out there last night. Then at the end of the game he just froze the puck on the boards and made absolutely no attempt to move it. when the melee started I thought the refs were actually going to call Selanne for delay of game.

Like I said, I'm a Selanne fan but I had had it with him that game and his whining to the refs all night long, so it was nice to see someone punching him, though I wish it were someone on the Kings who could actually fight.

Clifford was having his way with Brookbank at the start of that fight, but that kid is all offense and no defense. It's at least the second time this season when he was winning a fight but left himself open and took a bomb to the face. The last time he got a concussion from it. Tough kid, but he's got to learn to protect himself or it's gonna be a short career.

#13 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

me thinks the commentators do not like fighting in the nhl.

#14 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

which is ironic because it's the Ducks announcers. They're pretty big homers though. I'm sure if the situation had been reversed, they'd have no problem with it.

#15 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

I'm sure they do (given who is on their roster), they just don't want an enormous chunk of offensive scoring to go down just before the playoffs injuring himself in a fight of all things. I agree with this.